HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Wheres Immonen???

Old
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
TB...

I have no idea what Renney thinks. I know he wants to win, but obviously question if he knows how to win, or if he can win without vets. What may have happened is they finally came to the conclusion we all came to during the Summer, and this team is lacking a second line center (actually, some of us think they're lacking a #1 center and have a great #2). I agree that Immonen's not the second line centerman you have on a team that's going to go somewhere in the playoffs. But perhaps Renney and crew just came up with this conclusion. However, while he was here, there was no reason not to use him effectively. He played just as well as Cullen, and Cullen played better on the wing. Further, there were other options, like Prucha on a second line, with Cullen on a third, or even Prucha with Jagr and Straka with Immonen (to compensate for that lack of speed). So many things made more sense than Immonen on a fourth line, especially when Immonen started playing well with Shanny.

But perhaps Renney and Sather needed to tee this one up for the fans. Perhaps this was all for us so when they claim and bring back Nedved, we don't get fed up and just say, well, they tried the kid on the second line and it didn't work, so at least they're trying; they did tell us that the best kids are still years away...PR baby, PR.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
not to be dragged back into another Orr post, but it's not about fighting, I don't think at least. And you're talking about something a player will do 10-15 times a year, out of 82 games, may win 50-60% of the time with the rest being draws and losses. To me, you need to bring more elements than just that, and that's the point. And last night's Devils game illustrated it - the game was as physical as any other game, and the Rangers held their own without the need for an enforcer and Rangers' stars weren't run. Orr's place in last night's game would've been on the bench, and Ortmeyer brought more to a game like last night than Orr. I think that's the point. I think at least.
I agree with all points except...last night's game was not very physical at all

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:36 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Orr does suck at what he does best...

I found a nice little site that ACTUALLY keeps track of fights..

Orrs record last year was 2-4 as a Ranger..

According the them he beat Goddard twice...and got his butt kicked but Brashear..Mcgrattton...and Erksine twice!

this year he is 2-4-1 in fights...

Beating Mcgratton (and i thought personally Orr lost that fight but i'll let that go) and Boulton...

Losing to Brashear...AGAIN (gee i wonder why Brasher thinks he can do whatever he wants the Rangers skill players?) Peters (he smoked Orr) Belak, and Brashear.....AGAIN...(wow Brashear can do whatever he wants when is Orr in a Rangers uniform)

Orr does what better than anybody else on the roster?

I don't hate fighting in hockey..I don't think there is much use for it ANYMORE but i can enjoy a fight in the right context...What did i say about Shannys fight against the Caps? Oh yeah i said it was admirable and heroic...and special...

dude I think you can find just as good a goon in the ECHL..We aren't talking about somebody that has any other skill than his willingness to take a beating..Hollweg can take a beating and play hockey..Orr can't..

Hollweg can't win a fight and you know what...it doesn't matter he is still a tough player to play against because fighting in the grand scheme of things doesn't really effect a game...Unless it's to wake a team up...Like when Brashear fought Orr the other night..Brashear fought him (And again BEAT HIM BADLY) because his team was down..If Orr was smart and not selfish he would know thats the time not to fight Brashear..At least not right after your team scores a goal....2 seconds after your team scores a goal..
He lost to Erskine at MSG once....but I felt in the Island he beat him. I don't remember the McGrattan one but he did lose to Brash even though he was at the end of a shift and Brash just got on. (cheap as usual). You forgot that he beat Cam..I can agree with the rest.

I think Orr fought Brash just to step up for what had been done...the Caps were down 3 when Shanny fought him too...

Now about the fighting. Most fights these days develop from protecting players and sending messages...heck that's where the majority this year have come from. Unfortunately the Rangers don't do that much. However you still have your 2 heavyweights meet up in a good scrap...and I think fighting will always be a part of the game and it will always impact a game. Now I'm not sure you understood me when I said...I do not believe Orr is a good hockey player...you do not need to keep reitirrating it. I do believe he is our best enforcer...and I do believe an enforcer is necessary...unless you have a very tough team

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Orr does suck at what he does best...

I found a nice little site that ACTUALLY keeps track of fights..

Orrs record last year was 2-4 as a Ranger..

According the them he beat Goddard twice...and got his butt kicked but Brashear..Mcgrattton...and Erksine twice!

this year he is 2-4-1 in fights...

Beating Mcgratton (and i thought personally Orr lost that fight but i'll let that go) and Boulton...

Losing to Brashear...AGAIN (gee i wonder why Brasher thinks he can do whatever he wants the Rangers skill players?) Peters (he smoked Orr) Belak, and Brashear.....AGAIN...(wow Brashear can do whatever he wants when is Orr in a Rangers uniform)

Orr does what better than anybody else on the roster?

I don't hate fighting in hockey..I don't think there is much use for it ANYMORE but i can enjoy a fight in the right context...What did i say about Shannys fight against the Caps? Oh yeah i said it was admirable and heroic...and special...

dude I think you can find just as good a goon in the ECHL..We aren't talking about somebody that has any other skill than his willingness to take a beating..Hollweg can take a beating and play hockey..Orr can't..

Hollweg can't win a fight and you know what...it doesn't matter he is still a tough player to play against because fighting in the grand scheme of things doesn't really effect a game...Unless it's to wake a team up...Like when Brashear fought Orr the other night..Brashear fought him (And again BEAT HIM BADLY) because his team was down..If Orr was smart and not selfish he would know thats the time not to fight Brashear..At least not right after your team scores a goal....2 seconds after your team scores a goal..
Summed up perfectly again....

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote