HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Games at Yankee Stadium (1/26 at Devils; 1/29 at Islanders)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2013, 11:51 PM
  #801
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
Hey guys. As far as can tell, the Stadium Series games will not be accompanied by any non-nhl events. IMO that is terrible. They will have a rink set up for a week and use it twice. That said, has anyone heard of any extra things being organized? For example: I think each winter classic has some type of hockey village outside the venue with vendors and other fun stuff. Does anyone know if we will we be seeing any scaled down version of that? Or will this be set up just like any other yankee stadium non-baseball event, only with a hockey rink across the field?
You'll get the privilege of buying one inch squares of game used ice for $499.95 from Steiner Sports
(+$87.95 S&H, cannot guarantee ice will still be frozen upon delivery)

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
12-01-2013, 08:21 AM
  #802
li7039
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 197
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
Hey guys. As far as can tell, the Stadium Series games will not be accompanied by any non-nhl events. IMO that is terrible. They will have a rink set up for a week and use it twice. That said, has anyone heard of any extra things being organized? For example: I think each winter classic has some type of hockey village outside the venue with vendors and other fun stuff. Does anyone know if we will we be seeing any scaled down version of that? Or will this be set up just like any other yankee stadium non-baseball event, only with a hockey rink across the field?
Yeah my mens league team is playing at the stadium the week after the Ranger/Islander game. They're doing other events but its probably driven by the devils and islanders. I know that's how we got our ice slot. The league I play in has a deal with the Islanders where we can play at the Coliseum after games and they were able to get a couple of slots at Yankee Stadium.

li7039 is online now  
Old
12-01-2013, 10:27 AM
  #803
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 50
that's pretty cool

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:17 PM
  #804
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
Hey guys. As far as can tell, the Stadium Series games will not be accompanied by any non-nhl events. IMO that is terrible. They will have a rink set up for a week and use it twice. That said, has anyone heard of any extra things being organized? For example: I think each winter classic has some type of hockey village outside the venue with vendors and other fun stuff. Does anyone know if we will we be seeing any scaled down version of that? Or will this be set up just like any other yankee stadium non-baseball event, only with a hockey rink across the field?
The rink will be in the stadium for a month. I know high school teams that will be playing there the end of February.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 04:17 PM
  #805
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 50
Has anyone been told when the tickets will start shipping out?

For the amount of money we're paying it's pretty ****ing ridiculous that they're not telling us anything about when we're going to get what we paid for

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 06:48 PM
  #806
CarlosDanger
Beast Mode
 
CarlosDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Has anyone been told when the tickets will start shipping out?

For the amount of money we're paying it's pretty ****ing ridiculous that they're not telling us anything about when we're going to get what we paid for
Agreed. All I could get out of my rep was "mid December" and even that sounded like a guess.


On a different note… anyone have any guesses what a pair of tickets will go for on the secondary market for either game and when the best time will be to try and sell? Stubhub prices are already at least double face for many seats.

CarlosDanger is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  #807
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
Agreed. All I could get out of my rep was "mid December" and even that sounded like a guess.


On a different note… anyone have any guesses what a pair of tickets will go for on the secondary market for either game and when the best time will be to try and sell? Stubhub prices are already at least double face for many seats.
Gotta remember Stubhub fees. 15% from seller causes the seller to have to list tickets at a higher price. Add in the buyer fees that SH automatically adds on, and you have some expensive tickets.

Rangers Fail is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
  #808
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
Agreed. All I could get out of my rep was "mid December" and even that sounded like a guess.


On a different note… anyone have any guesses what a pair of tickets will go for on the secondary market for either game and when the best time will be to try and sell? Stubhub prices are already at least double face for many seats.
I think prices will start to get higher once the games get closer. I cant wait to see the New uniforms for the games. I know the Islanders have already released theirs.

Giacomin is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 10:01 PM
  #809
nhnyr88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Has anyone been told when the tickets will start shipping out?
I know that tickets purchased from the Ticketmaster general on-sale will be mailed out "on or around December 18, 2013". Also all Ticketmaster tickets require the buyer to pay for Fed-Ex delivery which I've never seen from Ticketmaster before. This leads me to believe it's likely that all tickets for the Stadium Series are coming out at the same time. It certainly fits the mid-December explanation.

nhnyr88 is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 10:57 PM
  #810
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,152
vCash: 500
My rep told me that the NHL is in charge of shipping the tickets, so the Rangers/Devils/Islanders really have no control over the matter.

Rangers Fail is online now  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:22 AM
  #811
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
Agreed. All I could get out of my rep was "mid December" and even that sounded like a guess.


On a different note… anyone have any guesses what a pair of tickets will go for on the secondary market for either game and when the best time will be to try and sell? Stubhub prices are already at least double face for many seats.
considering the games have not even sold out on ticketdisaster, why would you pay premiums on stubhub?

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:24 AM
  #812
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I think prices will start to get higher once the games get closer.
I don't. Doesn't seem to be much excitement for these games outside of this site. Prices are too high to begin with and people just aren't paying.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 08:25 AM
  #813
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I don't. Doesn't seem to be much excitement for these games outside of this site. Prices are too high to begin with and people just aren't paying.
There's no excitement for these prices, but I've seen plenty of excitement for the games, including myself. It's going to be awesome

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 10:09 AM
  #814
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
There's no excitement for these prices, but I've seen plenty of excitement for the games, including myself. It's going to be awesome
Like I said, on this site. Most people I speak with would like to go, but refuse to spend close to $200 per ticket for a regular season game. I have a few regulars to whom I sell tickets and a bunch on my secondary list. Regulars weren't interested. My brother wanted a pair for the Devils game, so bought a pair for him. None of my secondary people were interested in the Isles game and I was charging what I paid ~175/ticket after all the fees. My Isles fan friend happened to ask me about tickets or this game. Told him I had a pair available. When I told him the price, he reluctantly paid it.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 10:56 AM
  #815
alotlikehomer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I think prices will start to get higher once the games get closer. I cant wait to see the New uniforms for the games. I know the Islanders have already released theirs.
In many cases, tickets get cheaper as the game gets closer. With 9500 tickets left for the Islanders game, I don't think prices are going to go up.

For either game, I would also be concerned about the weather affecting ticket prices as we get a few days out. The bottom could drop out if the weather is a challenge.

alotlikehomer is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 12:03 PM
  #816
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
I bet Talbot starts one of these games

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 12:55 PM
  #817
cjc5103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
I think the big factor here in ticket prices is the weather and the impact the Super Bowl crowd will have on it. People will be bringing their wallets full of cash and this is a great event to attend the week leading up to the Super Bowl.

My only concern is that it's the "Stadium Series" and NOT the Winter Classic. Since they diluted the outdoor game, I think the average fun will think it's cool, but not worth $200+ to sit in frigid conditions. If this was the Winter Classic and the only outdoor game of the NHL season, it would have no problem going for a premium.

I really think the equilibrium price is right around face value (if not lower). If the Super Bowl crowd keeps the prices stable, there might not be too many deals to be had. However, I can see the prices bottoming out the week of the game, especially after the 1st game. STHers who attended the Devils Sunday game are going to try and get some money for the Wed Islanders game which will push supply hard.

Either way, It'll be a great event and I'm sure it will "sell out". I just really think that there is no meat on the bone to make any sort of profit, unless you have the $79 seats.

cjc5103 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 01:23 PM
  #818
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
I think the big factor here in ticket prices is the weather and the impact the Super Bowl crowd will have on it. People will be bringing their wallets full of cash and this is a great event to attend the week leading up to the Super Bowl.

My only concern is that it's the "Stadium Series" and NOT the Winter Classic. Since they diluted the outdoor game, I think the average fun will think it's cool, but not worth $200+ to sit in frigid conditions. If this was the Winter Classic and the only outdoor game of the NHL season, it would have no problem going for a premium.

I really think the equilibrium price is right around face value (if not lower). If the Super Bowl crowd keeps the prices stable, there might not be too many deals to be had. However, I can see the prices bottoming out the week of the game, especially after the 1st game. STHers who attended the Devils Sunday game are going to try and get some money for the Wed Islanders game which will push supply hard.

Either way, It'll be a great event and I'm sure it will "sell out". I just really think that there is no meat on the bone to make any sort of profit, unless you have the $79 seats.
Honestly, I do not think the name of the game has any bearing. We were never going to get a Rangers-Isles or Rangers-Devils "winter classic". NBC has said they want two separate large markets. Secondly, how many Rangers, Isles, Devils fans would make the trip to Ann Arbor for the Wings-Leafs game if we weren't having these outdoor games? Not too many. Likewise, how many Wings, Leafs, Pens, BHawks, Kings, or Ducks fans would be coming here if they weren't involved in their own outdoor games? Not too many I would think.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 02:01 PM
  #819
cjc5103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Honestly, I do not think the name of the game has any bearing. We were never going to get a Rangers-Isles or Rangers-Devils "winter classic". NBC has said they want two separate large markets. Secondly, how many Rangers, Isles, Devils fans would make the trip to Ann Arbor for the Wings-Leafs game if we weren't having these outdoor games? Not too many. Likewise, how many Wings, Leafs, Pens, BHawks, Kings, or Ducks fans would be coming here if they weren't involved in their own outdoor games? Not too many I would think.
I agree that fans of teams wont travel to cross country to see the "Winter Classic" if it wasn't the winter classic, but I think that since there are 2 Rangers outdoors games, other outdoor non-Rangers (Stadium Series, WC) that the casual fan will think about reasons why it's not a MUST ATTEND.

Back when Philly hosted the Rangers in the WC, it was a must attend for most die hard Rangers fan, me included. Had to take in the sights and sounds and pay the high premium for a ticket. Now, with the idea that the NHL is going to be pumping out outdoor games every season, the novelty factor just isn't there. It's cool but maybe not $200+ cool.

It also doesn't help that New Yankee Stadium seats 50k+.

cjc5103 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
  #820
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
According to icethetics.info the rumor is that the Rangers are going with a script New York concept instead of the chrome logo and the Devils are going with the red and green throwbacks.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 11:15 PM
  #821
Unknownbutfamous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
According to icethetics.info the rumor is that the Rangers are going with a script New York concept instead of the chrome logo and the Devils are going with the red and green throwbacks.
where? went on that websit didnt see anything

Unknownbutfamous is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 11:16 PM
  #822
Unknownbutfamous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Nvm found it.


"Both teams are sticking with their recently unveiled chrome logos. This suggests the other Stadium teams will likely do the same. However, that may not be the case with the Rangers and Devils. I've heard the Rangers will have a "NEW YORK" script on their jersey while the Devils will simply wear their red and green throwbacks. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

Unknownbutfamous is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 12:49 AM
  #823
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 77,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous View Post
Nvm found it.


"Both teams are sticking with their recently unveiled chrome logos. This suggests the other Stadium teams will likely do the same. However, that may not be the case with the Rangers and Devils. I've heard the Rangers will have a "NEW YORK" script on their jersey while the Devils will simply wear their red and green throwbacks. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."
I assume the Devils can't afford new jerseys.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
ECL is online now  
Old
12-04-2013, 01:08 AM
  #824
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I assume the Devils can't afford new jerseys.
well played

mike14 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:24 AM
  #825
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
I agree that fans of teams wont travel to cross country to see the "Winter Classic" if it wasn't the winter classic, but I think that since there are 2 Rangers outdoors games, other outdoor non-Rangers (Stadium Series, WC) that the casual fan will think about reasons why it's not a MUST ATTEND.

Back when Philly hosted the Rangers in the WC, it was a must attend for most die hard Rangers fan, me included. Had to take in the sights and sounds and pay the high premium for a ticket. Now, with the idea that the NHL is going to be pumping out outdoor games every season, the novelty factor just isn't there. It's cool but maybe not $200+ cool.

It also doesn't help that New Yankee Stadium seats 50k+.
Even Philly. I turned down my seats. Wasn't paying $200 each to sit in the lower deck and have to watch the game on the jumbro-tron. But yeah, I understand your point. When they played in Philly, it seemed like it would be quite a while before they were in an outdoor game again. I think it is great that they are expanding the outdoor games, but they then need to lower prices. If they set the prices similar to say Giants regular season (85 and up) the place would have sold out and they still would have made a nice chunk of change.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.