HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Giants Are Pathetic

Old
12-25-2006, 11:00 AM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Cant the Giants still make the playoffs with a win next week?
Amazingly, yes. They need to win and I think one of Green Bay, Philadelphia or Dallas to lose. They had the tiebreaker in the Daily News today but my head was spinning.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 54
i was at the giant game yesterday and left during the 3rd quarter

and saw jagr in the parking lot with his girlfreind

he let us tak pics with him and everything prbly because it was only 4 of us in that section of the parking lot

he was actually really cool about it to my suprise

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 12:43 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post

he let us tak pics with him and everything prbly because it was only 4 of us in that section of the parking lot

I dont believe you, unless I see said pics.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 12:58 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I put the entire mess squarely on the shoulders of Tom Coughlin and his college football caliber coaching staff who week in week out is outcoached and puts the Giants in position to lose. The Playcalling is frustrating, especially on offense. The Defense continues to play prevent with 15 yard cushions on every play. Teams dink and dunk at us to death and Tim Lewis can do nothing to stop it. No pressure without a healthy Strahan who is 34 years old. 2-12 without him in the lineup. But the offense. Ugghhhh. They have killed Eli's confidence, the qb coach Kevin Killdrive shouldn't even have a job in the NFL and of course the Giants hire him. The worst part? It's not just the coach... The stupid mediocre ownership is the problem too. An example is how they interviewed CHARLIE CASSERLY the same guy who ran off on the Texans a week after drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and who will never work in the NFL again. Of course, unless the Giants hire him. This is New York. The Giants continue to hire on the cheap and off the scrap heap. And I am sick and tired of this.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 02:55 PM
sickboy35

i'll take marcel hossa and valerie bure please cause they have pedigree?? lol manning sux and phillip rivers is tearing it up! makes me very very mad!!!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 03:36 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post

don't believe you either, unless i see pics, jagr at a giants game? just don't see it.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 03:38 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Amazingly, yes. They need to win and I think one of Green Bay, Philadelphia or Dallas to lose. They had the tiebreaker in the Daily News today but my head was spinning.

I want the Giants to lose, so GB can get in. the Giants don't deserve to be in.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
To be fair, i fyou get into the playoffs, you deserve to be there. It's not like the Giants would be getting a "break" if they made the playoffs. They would make it fair and square. Dont forget the Giants did have the "Toughest scedule in the NFL this season." They just happened to play strong at the beginning of the year, and terrible at the end. Green Bay was terrible at the start and stronger at the end.

Who ever makes it, earned it fair and square one way or another.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Choice

Quote:
don't believe you either, unless i see pics, jagr at a giants game? just don't see it.
Most Euros I know think football is the stupidest/weirdest sport

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Green Bay doesn't deserve to get in either honestly. Nor do the Falcons, Panthers or Rams. This has been an embarrasment to be an NFC fan this year.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 05:29 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Cant the Giants still make the playoffs with a win next week?
There's even a scenario that has the Giants losing next week and still making the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 07:30 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
How are the Yankees pathetic?... they win the division every year.
Eh, that's a minor point of pride. The regular season means nothing except getting to rub it in the Red Sox fans' faces. Since game 4 of the '04 series, the Yankees have been pathetic when it counted.

They're not pathetic in the grand scale, but sports comes with built in tunnel vision.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Phil333

I think the most painful part about all this is how Phillip Rivers/Shawne Merriman are owning is up. (The pick the Giants sent to San Diego was used on Merriman)

Last edited by Phil333: 12-25-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post
I think the most painful part about all this is how Phillip Rivers/Shawne Merriman are owning is up. (The pick the Giants sent to San Diego was used on Merriman)
Phillip Rivers isn't doing ****. All he has to do is hand the ball off to LT.

Same as Big Ben. Neither is some fantastic QB. Put Eli there and he'd be doing the same thing.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
There's even a scenario that has the Giants losing next week and still making the playoffs with a 7-9 record.
Most probably scenario, IMO. No way the Falcons win.

Old
12-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Phil333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Phillip Rivers isn't doing ****. All he has to do is hand the ball off to LT.

Same as Big Ben. Neither is some fantastic QB. Put Eli there and he'd be doing the same thing.
60% completion, 20TD, 8INT. Those are some nice numbers.

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 54
i didnt have time to upload the one with me in it but heres one wen me and my freinds walked up to him at his car

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 11:06 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
amazingly if the season ended tonight the Giants would make the playoffs

they have no heart, when you have guys like Burress and Shockey giving up on plays which are not thrown right at them, its horrible to watch. Did you see the Jets game tonight? Same situation except this time the Jets reciever prevented an interception and a few plays later the Jets scored.

Burress would rip off his helmet, walk on the bench and yell at half the team

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 03:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Yeah, they have had mostly good seasons? Their seasons have been about the same as the Giants (actually it seems like they alternate a lot, too). Not sure why you think a Giants fan to know that, as most Giants fans, as I said, like it when the Jets do good also. Sorry that you Jets fans can't be the same way in that respect.

See, this is why a lot of Giants fans can't stand Jets fans. You won't see Giants fans ragging on the Jets fans a lot (mainly because we have to deal with Eagles, Cowboys, and the lonely Redskins fans already).

You guys should really concentrate on your own team and stop acting like world beaters.
JP, I agree with pretty much everything you say. On this though, I have to disagree. Whereas your experience has been the Jets fans root against the G-Men but not vice-versa, I haven't had much of that. Most Jets fans (myself included) pull for the Giants every week. The ones that don't are about equal in number to the Giants fans who root against the Jets. This is just my experience, though I did have quite the lengthy experience growing up in New York. There is some degree of inferiority complex present in Jets fans, though I think many people tend to overstate it dramatically. It's nowhere near the Yanks-Mets kind of deal. As a side note, the Jets fans also have to deal with Dolphins and Patriots fans, both of which can be surprisingly obnoxious. Bills fans are pretty *****, too. Someone needs to tell them that Buffalo is actually in Canada, and Canada sucks . And God help me when I next run into a Raiders fan.

I also don't know many Giants fans who "can't stand" Jets fans. I know about as many Jets fans who "can't stand" Giants fans. My point is, I understand that your experience is your experience, but there's really no logical explanation for why there would be such marked differences between the two fan bases, considering they are spread relatively evenly across the state and are made up of the same demographics, and pull for equally average teams. For every negative experience you've had with a Jets fan, there's someone like me who has had an equal number of negative experiences with Giants fans .

Team Records, past 10 seasons (including current):
Jets: 86-73-0 (4 postseason app., 3-4 ovr.)
Giants: 82-76-1 (4 postseason app., 2-4 ovr.)

Pretty even in terms of mediocrity. This has nothing to do with anything, you just piqued my interest with the mention of recent success.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 12-26-2006 at 03:13 AM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 03:10 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post
60% completion, 20TD, 8INT. Those are some nice numbers.
With Rivers, I feel much the same as I did with Ben Roethlisberger. He won't go out and lose you games, and he'll help in a winning effort, but he's not totally capable of carrying a team on his shoulders. Rivers is a solid QB, no doubt, but there are a bountiful amount of QBs who could succeed in San Diego, with that loaded team. It's no knock on Rivers, just something to take into account when looking at his stats.

I'm sure any number of Rangers stiffs could be a near point-a-game player if they played with Nylander and Jagr each game. Doesn't mean they're that great offensively. An over-simplification, yes, but my point still stands =).

And can I say it?

J-E-T-S
JETS!
JETS!
JETS!

I was proud of the effort my boys put forth tonight. They certainly aren't the best team out there, but they play with passion, intensity and discipline. If the Rags played with those traits on a consistent basis, we'd be tops in the East .

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Sather Hater

Remember the "Official Giants" thread before the NFL season, where the Redskins fans where saying the Skins wouldn't finish last in the division (and wanted to bet on it )-

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=287797

Sather Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Think TB owes bathgate two beers for the season since the Giants beat the Skins twice.