Notices

Forsberg

Old
12-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Forsberg

There are some rumors that Calgary might try to take a run at Peter Forsberg closer to the trade deadline and more importantly when and if he gets healthy. I have no idea what Philly's asking price is or who they are interested in. Philly is in a lot of turmoil right now and who knows what they will do to try to turn around their team. Calgary would obviously be doing this to take a serious run at the cup this year and probably would not keep him past this year. It makes shiver to think of Iginla, Forsberg and Tanguay playing together as a top line. Look what Forsberg did for Gagne last year. What would you guys think of this move?

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 12-16-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:13 PM
SaveHextall

vCash: 500
It's worth noting that Forsberg is returning to the lineup tonight. He was working with Bauer on a new skate with a brace that locks his foot in place and supposedly this time they got it right.

We shall see...

SaveHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:15 PM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There are some rumors that Calgary might try to take a run at Peter Forsburg

Who is he?

psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Who is he?
he is talking about Peter Forsberg

Andre Boudrias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Lunatik*

is it the voices in your head preading this rumor? cause i havent seen such a rumor since eklund gave up on it

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:46 PM
chiavsfan

Forsberg would have to waive his no trade clause, and he has already stated numerous times that he would rather stay out of the northwest division because of his respect for the Avs. I know players can change their mind, but Forsberg seems to stick to his word more times than not

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
is it the voices in your head preading this rumor? cause i havent seen such a rumor since eklund gave up on it
Why don't you tell the voices in your head to come up with another idea beside trading Kobasew

Old
12-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Why don't you tell the voices in your head to come up with another idea beside trading Kobasew
what does you making up a rumor have to do with Kobasew?

Old
12-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
what does you making up a rumor have to do with Kobasew?
What I was trying to point out to you, in your threads you respond to, all you say is that Flames should trade Kobasew. And that rumor is not made up, I heard it on Sportsnet this is a trade the Flames might seek. I know this might be hard for you to comprehend being that you probably live in a small box and think the universe revolves around you. And what I meant by that is, just because YOU haven't heard about that rumor doesn't mean it is not true.

Old
12-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
What I was trying to point out to you, in your threads you respond to, all you say is that Flames should trade Kobasew. And that rumor is not made up, I heard it on Sportsnet this is a trade the Flames might seek. I know this might be hard for you to comprehend being that you probably live in a small box and think the universe revolves around you. And what I meant by that is, just because YOU haven't heard about that rumor doesn't mean it is not true.
was it so hard to state your source? (which i believe is required on HFboards when posting a rumor)

and BTW when i make a propoasl i try to make it realistic (such as the one in the tucker thread which you obviously fixated on)... and Kobasew happens to be who i feel is one of the flames most trade-able assets

Old
12-17-2006, 09:22 AM
abracanada

Well, Peter the Great had his bell rung by Ovechkin last night. He is an i njury looking for a place to happen. Would he be able to stay healthy throughout a playoff run? You have to wonder.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16259653.htm

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
BenThatcher

Lemieux excluded, Forsberg is the best player I'ver ever seen play the game. That said, he's too injury prone at this point in his career, and also, the the askingg price for him is simply far too high. It's very hard to see Sutter give up anything more than a 2nd round pick and a some crappy prospects like Krahn and/or Ramholt. Imagine if he had played on a line with Iginla four or five years ago though, it would have been deadly! I think I could have gotten 100 goals on that line just standing in front of the net and having them bounce goals in off my rear end.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

As good as Peter Forsberg is, I'd hate to see him come to the Flames, for the simple fact that he's far too fragile and gets hurt too much, and we already have our hands full with injuries as it is.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote