HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
OK, I see the Legwand has been heldback by playiing the PK is not your post. That's an honest mistake. Since you responded so hastily to it with BS about Steve Sullivan from 8 years ago in an attempt to discredit, I guess I mistakingly assumed it was you. Why you even felt the need to try and drum non-exist stuff an un-related subject from 8 years ago in a vain attempt to discredit someone... I still have no idea. Guess it's just the way you operate.
You almost make me wish I didn't own up when I realized I took words out of context. Almost.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 12-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old
12-03-2013, 12:08 PM
AintLifeGrand

Mazanec named NHL rookie of the month

Damn proud of that boy

Old
12-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Mazanec named NHL rookie of the month

Damn proud of that boy
Top 9 in SV% and Top 7 in GAA ... not too effing bad, got to get him some goal support, though

Old
12-04-2013, 07:59 AM
PFL615

Trotz didn't sound to happy on coffee with a coach.
He was not happy with the lack of scoring and play by forwards other than a few he mentioned (Fisher/Horny/Wilson)

Said he would have taken the record coming off of the long road trip if he would of had it offered to him beforehand.

Weber is out Thur and may be back Saturday. The tone leads me to believe next week at
the earliest.

Trotz said he is happy with the way the young defense is playing. Said he is not happy with the forwards lack of finishing plays that are being generated by the hard working young dmen.

Old
12-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Trotz didn't sound to happy on coffee with a coach.
He was not happy with the lack of scoring and play by forwards other than a few he mentioned (Fisher/Horny/Wilson)

Said he would have taken the record coming off of the long road trip if he would of had it offered to him beforehand.

Weber is out Thur and may be back Saturday. The tone leads me to believe next week at
the earliest.

Trotz said he is happy with the way the young defense is playing. Said he is not happy with the forwards lack of finishing plays that are being generated by the hard working young dmen.
Excuse me while I yawn in Wilson's general direction, a top 10 pick should net you more than grinder points (117 points in 238 games to be exact), not sure who I blame more, man Poile's track record with drafting forwards who can score is really mediocre... And one other thing, everyone keep this in mind at the end of the year, this is the team Trotz wanted

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 12-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Excuse me while I yawn in Wilson's general direction, a top 10 pick should net you more than grinder points (117 points in 238 games to be exact), not sure who I blame more, man Poile's track record with drafting forwards who can score is really mediocre... And one other thing, everyone keep this in mind at the end of the year, this is the team Trotz wanted
You're kidding, right? 117 in 238 is right at .5ppg - Chicago's best grinder is who - Bollig? he's on a pace for 19 points for the season, which would be a little under .25ppg. and he's on one of the highest scoring teams in the league. (prefer last year's surprise grinder PO hero Bickell - on pace for 22, right at .25ppg)

Realistic expectations go a long way toward making valid arguments.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Realism is a rare thing around here.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:07 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
You're kidding, right? 117 in 238 is right at .5ppg - Chicago's best grinder is who - Bollig? he's on a pace for 19 points for the season, which would be a little under .25ppg. and he's on one of the highest scoring teams in the league. (prefer last year's surprise grinder PO hero Bickell - on pace for 22, right at .25ppg)

So what is realistic for Wilson? To me, .5 ppg is not enough from him. I expected him to make the jump from that .4-.5ppg that was ok for a young power forward to that .65-.75 ppg

Old
12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
So what is realistic for Wilson? To me, .5 ppg is not enough from him. I expected him to make the jump from that .4-.5ppg that was ok for a young power forward to that .65-.75 ppg
Thank you, I knew I wasn't the only one, particularly after last season, he actually was turning the corner and then splat, beset by injury & regression this season

Old
12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
glenngineer

While Wilson and Bourque haven't shown us what we want production wise, guys coming off injuries take time to round back in to game shape. What I've seen from Wilson the last month or so is progress. While he's not lighting the lamp he's controlling the action and has actually started to use his size a little more than I've seen in years past. I'd love to get him with Tkachuk and let him show him how to play with an edge. It's like that with a lot of our guys, they're good players but they don't play the game on the line, they are a little too passive for my taste. But back on point, guys need time to get back in to game shape and both Wilson and Bourque have been doing so more and more lately. I want more from Wilson though at the end of the day and I think if we look at his numbers from now until the end of the season, my guess is there's going to be a bump in his stats.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
The difference between his current .5ppg this season and .65ppg is all of three points over the first 28 games ... while coming off double shoulder surgery.

Old
12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
The dump, chase, and forecheck strategy doesn't really help offensive stats.

Old
12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
I dont get as wrapped up in points as I do goals... I know if he has assists that means someone is scoring but to me Wilson needs to be scoring at least 20 in a mediocre year and 25-30 in a good year.

As I said in the negativity thread we need guys who are going to replace the scoring of guys like Dumont Arnott Erat and Sullivan when they were in their prime.. that means at least 4 consistent 20 goal scorers with two that can crack 30 in a good year

The only player we have who is in that ballpark is Hornqvist and he is showing signs of wear as you might expect given the style of game he plays..

If thing had gone according to plan Wilson would be the next Arnott, Forsberg our new Sully, Smith our new Erat and Hornqvist is the goal scoring equivalent of Dumont(pre-concussion).

As it is we appear to have recreated Fiddler(Wilson), Upshall(Forsberg..ie injured), and Gamache(Smith, good at a lower level, not living up to potential up here)

Old
12-04-2013, 02:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
The dump, chase, and forecheck strategy doesn't really help offensive stats.
I think as others have said, its not a strategy... I suspect Trotz isnt telling them to do this deliberately... it simply reflects a lack of ability to carry the puck into the zone, ie a lack of skill...

Old
12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think as others have said, its not a strategy... I suspect Trotz isnt telling them to do this deliberately... it simply reflects a lack of ability to carry the puck into the zone, ie a lack of skill...
I think Trotz is. He's constantly talking about getting pucks deep and eliminating turnovers, dumping and chasing is the easiest way to do those 2....

Old
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm posting this here because it's more on topic. Mods can delete the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Again. You guys are confusing lines with traditional teams.

Ice time wise our team leader by position are

Mike Fisher, 18:10 per game good for 89th among forwards in the league, funny it is less than most 2nd liners.

On wing we have Hornqvist who averages 16:16 per game good for 150th among forwards in the NHL or on average as much as a borderline 3rd liner.

We're talking about Wilson being on our top line he is the next top winger, at 16:10 good for 155th in the league.

Craig Smith you ask? 14:41 Good for 231st among forwards in the NHL, or about as much as a good 4th liner.

Speaking of 4th liners. Stalberg is coming in at 13:08 per game or about like most 4th liners. Last year he was a 3rd liner on Chicago and averaged 14:08 per game.

If Fisher was on the Nucks his current ice time would put him on the 3rd line, and he's our leader.

Those of you that ask, how does Trotz system prevent guys from putting up big numbers, here's some evidence.

But the didn't stop Kariya, Sullivan, Dumont or Arnott, right? Kariya under Trotz in his last season 20:22 per game, Arnott's best 18:59, Dumont's best 18:29.

These guys produced because they got time to do it, we're playing guys the same minutes as a 3rd liner and calling him a 1st liner and wondering why his results don't match. We're wondering why guys show no chemistry but we don't get them enough time on the ice to develop it. We don't have a 1st line, we roll 3 3rd lines, that's the way this team is built, that's what Trotz wants and what Poile gave him.

Old
12-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I'm posting this here because it's more on topic. Mods can delete the other one.
I couldnt agree more.

12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Spot on.

Old
12-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Thanks for doing that research and putting together a detailed post ... yours and dulzhok's post about the number of events from Shea's arbitration on down, make me depressed as a season ticket holder

Old
12-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Preds33

according to Twitter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hoag ‏@Forechecker
A Festivus Miracle? RT @ThePredatorial: Piskula heading back to Milwaukee, Klein will be in tonight. Fast two weeks.

Old
12-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
according to Twitter:
If he isn't 100% he's going to get injured again. This team can't stay healthy.

Old
12-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Iron Duke

Kleiner's a stud.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:02 AM
Ryker

Is Smith as bad in his defensive part of the game as I think he is based on his game against the Flyers the other night?

Old
12-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Liquidfire3240

Preds plane hit a hawk on the way to washington and had to divert back to BNA.
Needless to say the preds players on twitter are...bored.

Rich Clune ‏@richcluneshow 1m
When Matt Hendricks is done his workout the gym needs ice packs and Bengay.
24:07 PM - 6 Dec 13 · Details

Old
12-06-2013, 06:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Is Smith as bad in his defensive part of the game as I think he is based on his game against the Flyers the other night?
Yes. He's got a nice offensive skillset...top three on the team...but he's defensively bankrupt.

Closed Thread