HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something Brewing with the Blues?

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 12:59 PM
TimothyR

vCash: 500
Something Brewing with the Blues?

Hadley is reporting on his site that the Blues suits are all meeing in Columbia today. http://www.hadleyonsports.com/getRep...15519&size=595

All the rumours floating around is that Pleau is really working the phones for more scoring. I have to agree with Hadley, with MacInnis and Jackman out and all the injuries, the Blues well doesn't seem very deep for trading. I can see teams wanting to dump some vet's for the new CBA, but I don't know how well that would help the team.

Old
01-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

"As I reported last night on the Big 550, the Blues are in legit negotiations with Carolina... the focus being Jeff O'Neill. While Blues officials are intrigued with Eric Cole, I'm told he is not available. In addition, the Blues are eyeing a defensemen with Glen Wesley topping the list."

I seen an O'neill trading thread on the Trade board and wondered why I didn't see any proposals from the Blues. I guess the main concern would be what we would give up for him? Picks? Mayers? Khamanov(sp?)? Maybe we could slip in BJ when they're not looking.

What do you guys think? I like O'Neill and I think he could compliment Weight wonderfully.

Old
01-20-2004, 09:24 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
"As I reported last night on the Big 550, the Blues are in legit negotiations with Carolina... the focus being Jeff O'Neill. While Blues officials are intrigued with Eric Cole, I'm told he is not available. In addition, the Blues are eyeing a defensemen with Glen Wesley topping the list."

I seen an O'neill trading thread on the Trade board and wondered why I didn't see any proposals from the Blues. I guess the main concern would be what we would give up for him? Picks? Mayers? Khamanov(sp?)? Maybe we could slip in BJ when they're not looking.

What do you guys think? I like O'Neill and I think he could compliment Weight wonderfully.
I think a Drake-Weight-O'Neill line would be amazing, but who would Pleau give up?
If the 'Canes have sent any scouts to Blues games, they'd know that Khavanov is worth just about squat. The Blues carry a variety of grinders which are fun for the team but worth little in trade value. Maybe the 'Canes would take a chance on Varlamov . . .

Old
01-21-2004, 06:39 AM
DrHockeyMD

I would almost bet that Carolina is looking at either Belle, Backman, and/or Sejna. Would anyone mind giving one or a couple of them up?

Old
01-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHockeyMD
I would almost bet that Carolina is looking at either Belle, Backman, and/or Sejna. Would anyone mind giving one or a couple of them up?
I really don't want to give up Backman. I could give Sejna. Belle is a little difficult, but if it got O'neill back in the process, I would do it.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:48 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
I really don't want to give up Backman. I could give Sejna. Belle is a little difficult, but if it got O'neill back in the process, I would do it.
Just remember one thing, O"Neil is just a rental, if not mistaken. Is any of the three really worth a guy for 3 or 4 months

Old
01-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
Just remember one thing, O"Neil is just a rental, if not mistaken. Is any of the three really worth a guy for 3 or 4 months
I don't think he would be a rental. He is not 30 and I do not believe he is an UFA at the end of the season. Maybe a RFA, but not UFA. Does anyone know for sure?

degroat?

Old
01-21-2004, 12:34 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
He is only 28. So unless the cba lowers the ufa age, he will still be whoever he plays for's property.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:36 PM
King of Stankonia

Quote:
The problem with the 'Canes giving up Markov is that they are now in the hunt for a defenceman. I wouldn't be surprised if the least that they were demanding would be a Salvador, Sejna, 2nd round pick combo. I wouldn't mind seeing any of these go, but would Carolina really want them?

Old
01-21-2004, 10:33 PM
DrHockeyMD

I wouldn't mind giving up Salvador and Sejna, but our second, too? Maybe a third, but not the second. It's about time we retain some of those draft picks instead of trading them all away.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:01 PM
King of Stankonia

Quote:
I wouldn't mind giving up Salvador and Sejna, but our second, too? Maybe a third, but not the second. It's about time we retain some of those draft picks instead of trading them all away.
In truth, I'd rather see the Blues have a third than a second. Everyone tries to be so safe with a second. . .

Old
01-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Irish Blues

For O'Neill, I'd make them take Khavanov if they get a 2nd from us. Then we can talk about a mid-level forward prospect to them in return for a 5th or 6th-round pick (likely 6th).

O'Neill will cost, but no reason that we should bend over in the deal.

BTW...I get this sneaking suspicion that Demitra might be gone by the trade deadline. Nothing to base it on...just a feeling that won't go away.

01-23-2004, 04:49 PM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
BTW...I get this sneaking suspicion that Demitra might be gone by the trade deadline. Nothing to base it on...just a feeling that won't go away.
It's weird for me. I have that same feeling, but I also feel that the Blues are not going to change very much. I just don't feel that the Blues have much to offer as far as trading and they are not going to pick up expensive vet's.

We will see. The Caps just traded Jagr to the Rangers. Rumours are that the Caps are going to have a fire sale on a number of their players. Driving home, on KFNS, they said that there are a lot of rumours flying that include Demitra, Cajanek and Weight. The Weight one is new to me.

Old
01-23-2004, 11:57 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
What hadley said was the blues would probably be going for middle teir guys, becasue they would be had for even cheaper than superstars. Because he basically said that is who isnt getting the job done for the blues. He talkied about how he has seen other teams scouting reports on cajanek, and they are not good this season.

I know degroat, its weired that im giving hadley any credit. But he stuck up for pleau tonight, and earned major bonus points from me. He made alot of sense to me tonight. But im drunk so that may be the reason, and its the reason for my spelling errors.

After watching the last few games, im thinking the blues need a new pp quarterback. Becasue the point players are geeting more and more pressure since mac has been out. We need someone besides pronger with a bomb of a shot on the point. I fgonchar could be had that would be great. If not him maybe a few poor mans finnishers. Like huselius, parrish, bates, or even a rental player like bondra. Which a 3rd team in the ruunig hasnt been named, so hopefully its us.

Whatever happens , i hope it sbefore the trade deadline, becasue this team needs a fire under its arse. Some shakeup to spark them.

Closed Thread