HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Our window is starting now.

Old
12-05-2013, 01:57 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
What's the average commute time for someone living in Hamilton/ Burlington, Richmond Hill, or Pickering to a Leafs game?

What's the average commute time from someone from Lachenaie/ Repentigny, or Sainte-Therese, to a Habs game?

The arena is always going to be a long drive for some fans, regardless of where it is. If the arena were in the East End, people from the West End/ Kanata/ Barrhaven would be complaining. If the arena were downtown, then EVERYONE would be complaining because our downtown core isn't designed to handle that much traffic, and anyone that lived outside the city center would face an "hour+" to get to and from games.

The arena is where it is. And if it were somewhere else, a different yet equally-sized group of people would be complaining about it.

The "arena debate" is possibly the most infuriating debate on these boards. Some people say "I'd go to more games if the arena were closer", but if the arena were closer to THEM, there would be an equal number of people who all of a sudden would be far away from the arena, and then THEY would say "I'd go to more games if the arena were closer".
I think an arena originally build downtown would have been more than fair for both the east and west end people. As for the commute to the Leaf's arena, I can't say. For the habs, they have the metro system which makes the commute extremely easy, trains run fairly often and offer plenty room for a large chunk of the fans to get on in the first round. If you drive, getting there might take a bit of time (definitely nothing compared to Ottawa's recent traffic though) and on the way out you have a good chance to be on the highway within 15 minutes running at a fast speed. Montreal's situation doesn't compare to Ottawa's, but that might be because of their train system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeMyJetpack View Post
Try talking the bus, it's cheaper then the gas you use to get there and paying for parking, it's surprisingly fast both in and out. I get home in 20 minutes on the Bus now i do live close but i mean highway is highway the bus now bypasses all the parking jam.
The bus route doesn't work great for everyone in Orleans too, I tried it once and that took over an hour too because of the 2nd bus I have to take home. I think that's mainly because of where I live in Orleans (I live in avalon, I couldn't be further from Place d'Orleans if I tried). I personally think if the arena was situated in downtown then there would be less fuss, because right now it's hard to say the location doesn't favour the west end. But hey, at least we'll have bigger highways in 2017 which is something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoutineSp00nZ View Post
Sums it up quite nicely.

People in Ottawa just like to complain i think.

I'm not necessarily complaining, I'm just stating my reasons why I don't go to the games as much as I used to (10+ times a season sometimes). I don't like the fact I have to spent a couple hours in traffic going then an hour+ coming back but I do understand why I have to...short term pain will be a long term gain once the highway is opened up and bigger.

Aside from that I don't think people from Ottawa like to complain. I think people in general like to complain.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 02:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Alfredsson + Silfverberg + Noesen + 1st 2014 vs. Bobby Ryan

Dun dun dun.
Alfie+ Silfv+Noesen+1st vs Ryan AND MacArthur.

Much different now, isn't it.

Seeing as how Alfie= 2 more years while Ryan + MacArthur could be longterm, could be a win easily.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

It will be an easy win if those two re-sign, especially Ryan. Alfie didn't have much left in the tank...the only way this can hurt the sens is if Silf goes onto become a great player and exceeds Ryan or if the 1st round pick turns out to become a lottery pick but a few sens players would have to get injured for that to happen, otherwise there's no way they finish that low. The season's still kind of young, a couple hot streaks and they're back in it.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
83DIZ65

vCash: 100
can we just play the remainder of the season against the panthers?

83DIZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 03:01 PM
GimmeMyJetpack
Classless.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
The bus route doesn't work great for everyone in Orleans too, I tried it once and that took over an hour too because of the 2nd bus I have to take home. I think that's mainly because of where I live in Orleans (I live in avalon, I couldn't be further from Place d'Orleans if I tried). I personally think if the arena was situated in downtown then there would be less fuss, because right now it's hard to say the location doesn't favour the west end. But hey, at least we'll have bigger highways in 2017 which is something to look forward to.
do you guys not have a park and ride out there?

GimmeMyJetpack is online now   Reply With Quote