HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie off market...

Old
01-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Comrie off market...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2718511

To Ottawa...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:56 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Though thats a pretty damn good deal for the Sens..

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Levitate

Can't say I'm dissapointed. His skill makes him attractive, but he's a chronic underachiever with a history of issues, and it's no coincidence that he was traded for just a pretty "meh" prospect.

Plus he's undersized

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:01 PM
TheRedressor

they had to do something after being robbed out of Petr Nedved.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Larry Melnyk

Depending on the cost for the Rangers, he might have been worth it...Curious to whether Sather was in the game for this kid..I'm sure the Rangers are seriously kicking the tires of some other potential trades for a Top 6 forward (center) that will see at least one youngster got the other way...We shall see

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Seems like a fair deal given the circumstances surrounding both teams. Kaigorodov's value to PHX is higher than someone similar the Rangers could offer, and at the same time, lower to OTT than someone similar the Rangers would want to part with.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Never wanted him anyways...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Never wanted him anyways...
agreed. Glad we didnt pick up that perennial slacker

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
frozenrubber

Makes me hopeful (and delusional) to think that Jan Marek may have some worth...

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I didn't want him either, but I wonder what the Rangers might have offered considering the fact that he's a UFA to be. At first I thought this would be Arnason version 2.0, but then I remembered that Spezza and Fisher are injured so Comrie will actually get some quality ice time. Although you have to wonder about a guy as young as Comrie who is already with his fourth team.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I didn't want him either, but I wonder what the Rangers might have offered considering the fact that he's a UFA to be. At first I thought this would be Arnason version 2.0, but then I remembered that Spezza and Fisher are injured so Comrie will actually get some quality ice time. Although you have to wonder about a guy as young as Comrie who is already with his fourth team.
Attitude and has only played 2 full NHL seasons due to injury or holdout(from Edmonton where his family makes millions).

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Makes me hopeful (and delusional) to think that Jan Marek may have some worth...
Is that the player in our system you'd liken to Kaigorodov?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Is that the player in our system you'd liken to Kaigorodov?
Not really...but Marek is a star in the RSL, on Metallurg (Dave King's team) as well. Jan Marek is no longer really a prospect at 27, but would like an opportunity on an NHL squad (like Kaigorodov, won't go to the AHL). However, it's always nice to see successful players in possibly the 2nd best league in the world having some value for players over here.

Now, what is the closest thing in our system to Kaigorodov?

In the disposable nature, Jarkko Immonen. However, in a Kaigorodov to Immonen comparison, one would side w/ the slicker Alex Kaigorodov. He still needs to learn the physical element of the game, but for the Rangers to make a similar offer, it would of been Immonen plus a pick (2nd/3rdish)...

As for talent who's ready or very near ready to play, Nigel Dawes is the closest thing we had in value to Kaigorodov (ignoring his Ottawa/Russia fiasco). If you put aside Alexei's problems w/ Murray and Ottawa, both Nigel and him do predict to be 2nd line material.

If the Rangers could of gotten Comrie for Immonen, even if it was for a UFA rental, I don't see too many complaining...

However, who here would of been willing to part w/ Dawes?

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
so basically the Rangers missed out on Comrie and Vishnevski. The Rangers could have offered more than the Sens did. Oh wait Comrie is too young, yep u heard it first, Sather will overpay for Conroy, not that he is bad, but we can use a player in their mid 20s. Vishnevski on the other hand was basically dealt for a 2ed round pick, since Stewart was put on waivers a few weeks later. Sather could have offered Immonen and 2ed and it would have been a better trade. I guess Vishnevski is too young and physical for our poke checking defense. And Comrie is too skilled and young for our forwards. Sather I think drafted Comrie so maybe he knows something that we dont. Anyways, The Rangers should go after Doan or Nagy.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
so basically the Rangers missed out on Comrie and Vishnevski. The Rangers could have offered more than the Sens did. Oh wait Comrie is too young, yep u heard it first, Sather will overpay for Conroy, not that he is bad, but we can use a player in their mid 20s. Vishnevski on the other hand was basically dealt for a 2ed round pick, since Stewart was put on waivers a few weeks later. Sather could have offered Immonen and 2ed and it would have been a better trade. I guess Vishnevski is too young and physical for our poke checking defense. And Comrie is too skilled and young for our forwards. Sather I think drafted Comrie so maybe he knows something that we dont. Anyways, The Rangers should go after Doan or Nagy.
I agree with you about Vishnevski, but I don't like Comrie's game - the Rangers have enough small skill guys (especially if Dawes gets called up). I also don't need any problem children on my team. Good pass, IMO.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Never wanted him.

Rather would get Fedorov or Conroy.

Hell, I'd take Morrison over Comrie.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 01:10 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I agree with you about Vishnevski, but I don't like Comrie's game - the Rangers have enough small skill guys (especially if Dawes gets called up). I also don't need any problem children on my team. Good pass, IMO.
id love to get boynton or morris. I wish we got Vishnevski. On Comrie I dont like his personal baggage. Id rather have Doan, Conroy, maybe Modano if he is available. Id love to get LeCavilier or Richards. Maybe a guy like Chris Gratton id take a risk on. If the Wings need to cut salary I can see Lang as a Ranger. Hed fit in well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 06:22 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Never wanted him.

Rather would get Fedorov or Conroy.

Hell, I'd take Morrison over Comrie.
Keep me as far away from Fedorov as possible.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 06:23 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
id love to get boynton or morris. I wish we got Vishnevski. On Comrie I dont like his personal baggage. Id rather have Doan, Conroy, maybe Modano if he is available. Id love to get LeCavilier or Richards. Maybe a guy like Chris Gratton id take a risk on. If the Wings need to cut salary I can see Lang as a Ranger. Hed fit in well.
Vishnevski is the man. Can you picture him on a line with Kaspar & Hollweg.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Levitate

I'd love to get Doan, but I don't see Phoenix parting with him.

I'd like Nagy, if he could stay healthy. He could be a star

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
As for talent who's ready or very near ready to play, Nigel Dawes is the closest thing we had in value to Kaigorodov (ignoring his Ottawa/Russia fiasco). If you put aside Alexei's problems w/ Murray and Ottawa, both Nigel and him do predict to be 2nd line material.
But Dawes is worth a lot more to the Rangers than Kaigorodov was to Ottawa, so theoretically, that's a higher price to pay.

Immonen presumably wouldn't hold any interest for a team that's trying to make room for Reinprecht's return.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Just food for thought, but he had 2 assists last night for Ottawa during the 6-3 win over the Sabres.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Larry Brooks did one of those Blueshirt Bulletin chats on Wednesday night and he wrote the Rangers had no interest in Mike Comrie which says something considering Glen Sather and Comrie's father Bill are old time friends from Edmonton.Bill Comrie owns The Brick which is a retailer of furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronics and computers.They have stores all over Canada

Quote:
Three other teams offered Phoenix draft picks for Comrie, but the Coyotes wanted a prospect
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...tesnb0104.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote