HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Final Ranked Ranger Prospects - 7/27/06

Old
07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Final Ranked Ranger Prospects - 7/27/06

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Jarkko Immonen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 8th Round by the Leafs in 2002.
#4 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#5 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#6 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#7 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Owen Sound Attack (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#8 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#9 -- Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#10 - Hugh Jessiman (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 12th overall in the 2003 Draft.
#11 - Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#12 - Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#13 - Marc-André Cliche (F) - Playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2005 Draft.
#14 - Ryan Callahan (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#15 - Dwight Helminen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in 2002 in the 8th Round by the Oilers
#16 - Tommy Pyatt (F) - Playing for the Saginaw Spirit (OHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#17 - Thomas Pöck (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Undrafted, signed by Rangers in 03.
#18 - Brodie Dupont (F) - Playing for the Calgary Hitmen (WHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2005 Draft
#19 - Bruce Graham (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft
#20 - Billy Ryan (F) - Playing for Univ. of Maine (NCAA) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#21 - Ryan Hillier (F) - Playing for the Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2006 Draft.
#22 - Darin Olver (F) - Playing for Northern Michigan (NCAA) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#23 - Zdenek Bahensky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#24 - Dan Girardi (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Undrafted, signed by the Rangers in '06.
#25 - Ryan Russell (F) - Playing for the Kootenay Ice (WHL) - Drafted in the 7th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#26 - David Kveton (F) - Playing for the Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2006 Draft.
#27 - David Liffiton (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2003 Draft by the Avs.
#28 - Bryce Lampman (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2001 Draft.
#29 - Chris Holt (G) - Playing for Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 6th Round in the 2003 Draft.
#30 - Dane Byers (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.

"Honorable Mentions"(In no order)
Jakub Petruzalek (F) - Playing for the Barrie Colts (OHL) - Drafted in the 9th Round in the 2004 Draft
Eric Hunter (F) - Playing for Prince George (WHL) - Drafted in the 7th Round in the 2002 Draft.
Tomas Zaborsky (F) - Playing for the Saginaw Spirit (OHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2004 Draft.
Lee Falardeau (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2002 Draft.

1/23/06 Prospest List
6/13/05 Prospect List

Well here she is, thoughts?

Last edited by FLYLine24: 08-16-2006 at 05:20 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 12:56 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

No comments? C'on....i'll start. I feel Dan Girardi should be in top 20, I think hes got a pretty decent chance to make team as a 5-6 defenseman from his play as a 1st year pro player. Decent offensive stats but he also played solid defense IMO. If he continues to improve then I wouldnt be suprised to see him with a decent shot to make the team in '08. (Or at the very least be used as a callup for injuries). Could be turn into another Lampman?(who really only will be a callup for injuries because of the future defenseman we have in the system) Yea. But I think its too early to mark him as that.

Old
07-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Geogaddi

Compared to Poll Completed on 1/23/06
Biggest Riser = Greg Moore (+12)
Biggest Fall = David Liffiton (-9)

1. Marc Staal = 0
2. Al Montoya = 0
3. Jarrko Immonen = 0
4. Brandon Dubinsky + 3
5. Nigel Dawes - 1
6. Lauri Korpikoski = 0
7. Bobby Sanguinetti *New
8. Michael Sauer = 0
9. Greg Moore + 12
10. Hugh Jessiman - 5
11. Ivan Baranka - 2
12. Artem Anisimov *New
13. Marc-Andre Cliche + 1
14. Ryan Callahan - 1
15. Dwight Helminen - 4
16. Tommy Pyatt - 1
17. Thomas Pock - 7
18. Brodie Dupont + 6
19. Bruce Graham - 7
20. Billy Ryan - 3
21. Ryan Hillier *New
22. Darin Olver - 3
23. Zdenek Bahensky -7
24. Dan Girardi *New
25. Ryan Russell - 5
26. David Kveton *New
27. David Liffiton - 9
28. Bryce Lampman - 5
29. Chris Holt = 0
30. Dane Byers *New

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Sunshine

comments...OK, here goes:

personally, like Dubinsky at 3, Dawes 4, Sang 5, Korp 6 and Immonen 7...

Greg Moore is a bit too high at 9, but that just shows his progress...

Pyatt at 16, I have him around 10 on my list (ahead of Moore) & equal with Jessiman

I'm becoming a Girardi believer and I could see him passing Pock (who I see as the next Mike Mottau) in the next ranking...our eyes have been opened with Girardi, a strong couple months in Hartford could push him to the show

Russell at 25 is a serious darkhorse

Lastly, IMHO - our prospects #5-25 are deeper than any other NHL system.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 06:39 AM
eco's bones

It's a good list. There would be some I might change around a couple or a few spots but nothing glaring to me until No. 23. Maybe I'm being too hard on Zdenek but he IMO got an AHL contract for a reason beyond not enough space to carry 50 contracts. Anyway he does not make my list at all. Potter I have a concern about not because I don't think he's worthy (in much the same way as Guenin) but because I don't see the Rangers signing him--or Guenin--or Crabb. Other than that it is excellent--so 1 medium quibble and 1 minor one. I will however end with this that I believe that either one or maybe both of Philippe Furrer and Dylan Reese are going to make it somewhere in the NHL someday.

Last edited by eco's bones: 07-28-2006 at 06:40 AM. Reason: add two words
eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:10 AM
TheRedressor

Any chance we can put this on HF instead of the one that is up there?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
good list... a little long but good

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont like Lampman being on this list. He barely played the last two years, hasnt really shown much. He shouldnt even be on Honorable Mention list. Rather see him out, Zaborksy in the Top 30 and Crabb on the Honorable mention list.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

What's most exciting is that the Rangers farm system is so incredibly deep. Although a team like the Leafs for instance, have some upper Tier players, they don't have the numbers or potential of this farm... I honestly think a large # of the top 20 can become regular NHL players even if they are 3rd liners. That's pretty dam good.

barrel_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 11:52 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I dont like Lampman being on this list. He barely played the last two years, hasnt really shown much. He shouldnt even be on Honorable Mention list. Rather see him out, Zaborksy in the Top 30 and Crabb on the Honorable mention list.
Lampman made the team two years ago out of camp and the only thing that prevented him from being the first call-up last year, was that he was injured. He can play.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Lampman deserves to be on the list. There are guys on the list above him who won't achieve even what he has already by playing in the NHL.

The guy I'm surprised fell is Ivan Baranka. I'm confident that he's going to be a solid NHL'er and I'm not sure that Moore really should be above him.

The top eight look very promising to me, but the best part is that the list overall looks much stronger than the previous lists. The downside is that there still aren't any future stars on the cupboard. I feel only Montoya really has that megastar élite quality.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post

Lastly, IMHO - our prospects #5-25 are deeper than any other NHL system.
And how many other team's prospects do you follow as religiously as those belonging to the Rangers?

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
And how many other team's prospects do you follow as religiously as those belonging to the Rangers?
Honestly, 11 through 18 are better then a lot of other teams guys... I really do think this pool is pretty deep.

barrel_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Lampman made the team two years ago out of camp and the only thing that prevented him from being the first call-up last year, was that he was injured. He can play.
i agree, he seems to be injury prone at his young pro career

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 05:20 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Potter was removed from our HMs since he is no longer a Ranger prospect.

Old
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
QcS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
#26 - David Kveton (F) - Playing for the Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2006 Draft.
David Kveton went back to the Czech Republic yesterday. Apparently he didn't like it here, and even though both the Olympiques and the Rangers desperately tried convincing him to stay, he left. Both teams refused to pay for his plane ticket back home so his family paid for it.

Reports of him finding the 'Piques practices too hard and missing his home Czech Republic have proven true.
I've heard that the Rangers even wanted to sign him for 3 years, but he still decided to go back home.

It's too bad, because he was talented. In the games he played for the Piques, he was on the first line and had very good vision. He scored 5 points in 5 games with Gatineau.

I now doubt we'll see the Rangers ever sign him.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28 View Post
David Kveton went back to the Czech Republic yesterday. Apparently he didn't like it here, and even though both the Olympiques and the Rangers desperately tried convincing him to stay, he left. Both teams refused to pay for his plane ticket back home so his family paid for it.

Reports of him finding the 'Piques practices too hard and missing his home Czech Republic have proven true.
I've heard that the Rangers even wanted to sign him for 3 years, but he still decided to go back home.

It's too bad, because he was talented. In the games he played for the Piques, he was on the first line and had very good vision. He scored 5 points in 5 games with Gatineau.

Not just NYR, most NHL teams except Detroit wants their players to come to North America ASAP. However, I belive that in many cases a European kid develops better in Europe then he does in NA. How players are developt in Europe from age 18 to they are in the mid 20's are big reason for the amount of late bloomers comming out of Sweden for example. For every Marian Hossa there seems to be 3-4 Milan Hejduks and Henrik Zetterbergs...

This is a big reason for example why Detroit always have prefeered that their young europeans should stay in Europe rather then comming over right away.

I don't have a problem with Kveton gooing home. As long as he signs a deal with us within two years.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28 View Post

Damn that sucks. He was the only CHL import that was doing anything. The other 2 have a combined 1 assist between them..

Old
10-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Anyone who thinks a CHL practice is too hard can go join Brendl in Europe for all I care. Give us a call when you grow a pair, David.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
dank

anyone wanna take another stab at rankings now that most seasons are almost halfway done?

i would be im horribly unawares about much in this regard..

all i could probably say with certainty is that Chris Holt drops to below Tomas Zaborsky.. thats for sure..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:39 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
anyone wanna take another stab at rankings now that most seasons are almost halfway done?

i would be im horribly unawares about much in this regard..

all i could probably say with certainty is that Chris Holt drops to below Tomas Zaborsky.. thats for sure..
Yea...and hopefully people stop voting Jessiman in the top 10

I'd predict some of the big drop offs are, Jessiman, Helminen, Bahensky, and Holt.

Big risers, Callahan, Pyatt, Dupont, Zaborsky and Byers.

We usually do another vote mid Jan after the WJC's.

Old
12-17-2006, 03:50 PM
dank

very cool, i'll be looking forward to it..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
UAGoalieGuy

WJC's are over after today so should we start a new prospect ranking this weekend?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
All I know is that Callahan would now be in my top 5 and Immonen would drop a bit.

Jessiman takes a free-fall. Maybe even out of the top 20.

Cliche moves up a few spots. Anisimov the same (BTW, anyone check that SICK goal he scored against the Swedes?).

Kveton has disappointed so far.

Pyatt has impressed me but I'm not really sure of his upside enough to warrant moving him up.

Graham should drop off the list.

Byers and Olver both move up a slight bit.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
WJC's are over after today so should we start a new prospect ranking this weekend?
Yah, put that martini dow FLY and get on that, will ya.

Are Pock and Immonen still eligible? Should they be?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote