Notices

Flames Vs Nucks

Old
01-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Canucksrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
ummm no, Bieksa speared/slashed lombardi after the goal, you can even see Huselius spin around in the scrum to see who it was before Ference comes flying in to give it to Bieksa, Lombardi made him look like the chump he is atleast 3 times tonight. Its just too bad it was one of our smaller players which had to take him on instead of someone like Regehr who would have given the plug the proper pounding he deserved.
not only is he not a plug for obvious reasons, he could also most likely fight anyone on the flames and give them a good fight. Ference was just in over his head.

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

For the most part the Flames put nothing into that game and after the first was over the Canucks certainly deserved to be ahead. Both Lombardi goals were special, that first one was just pure speed. Don't forget Burrow's goal, I was shocked that was the first he scored this season, a guy with hands like that should be closer to 10 at this point.

The reffing was horrible though (worse than most of the Canuck fan's posts in this thread), obvious calls on both sides missed and marginal ones made later to make up for them. Hey, if a ref wants to push his luck and cause a game to go completely out of control, or get beer tossed on his head, that's the best way to do it. I'm suprised there wasn't a brawl late in the game.

Quote:
Watch this, with all the grief we get for Iggy's empty net goals, the Nucks will put one in on us.....by the Sedins I bet.
I guess Henrik and Daniel aren't good enough to hit an empty net.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Tleve

I usually try not to harass in other people's boards either but I'm frustrated by this thread. The reffing was just as bad for either team. Pyatt got hooked at the net on what would have been a very good scoring chance and Krajicek got mugged and pulled back on Lombardi's second goal. Those were two missed calls that could easily have altered the game in the Canucks favour. I (and the announcers) thought that the Canucks were jobbed by the refs this game. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by Tleve: 01-03-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: had Naslund down instead of Krajicek
Tleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleve View Post
I usually try not to harass in other people's boards either but I'm frustrated by this thread. The reffing was just as bad for either team. Pyatt got hooked at the net on what would have been a very good scoring chance and Naslund got mugged and pulled back on Lombardi's second goal. Those were two missed calls that could easily have altered the game in the Canucks favour. I (and the announcers) thought that the Canucks were jobbed by the refs this game. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.
Many Flames fans here recognized that. I do find it extremely peculiar that Flames fans wanted to talk about how the refs screwed the Flames over, even though it was called horribly on both sides. Never seen or heard anything of the like before...

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Danny__K

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Bieksa did nothing after the goal was scored, maybe a little slash before he shot - which happens all the time. And if you call a 21 point defenceman - on pace for over 40 points a ''plugger'' you're out to lunch.
no Bieksa was on his ***, broken pride in hands as Lombardi shot the puck to burn him twice in the same game, then after the goal he got up and went after Lombardi, did they not show this replay 20 times on canuckovision like was on the flames broadcast? Or were you perhaps in the washroom or otherwise predisposed at the time?

Yes, Bieksa's playing over his head right now, however he has 27 career nhl points. You know who else on the Flames was really hot last season? Ference. Still didn't mean we were going around claiming he was anything more then a highly capable bottem pairing defensemen. If you think Bieksa is going to carry you to the promised land you're the one whose head needs shaking. for a so called defensive defensemen that -5 sure doesn't look to great.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:46 AM
natural420*

bieska's nothing special. and yes, there are a handful of flames that would have made it tough on bieska if they fought. you think because he got the upper-hand on ference, hes some tough guy. regehr, mccarty, iginla, phaneuf would wreck him, warrener, ritchie, and yes ference, and maybe even kobasew will give him a good fight.

Last edited by kruezer: 01-04-2007 at 02:08 PM.
natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
bieska's nothing special. and yes, there are a handful of flames that would have made bieska there biatch if they fought. you think because he got the upper-hand on ference, hes some tough guy. regehr, mccarty, iginla, phaneuf would wreck him, warrener, ritchie, and yes ference, and maybe even kobasew will give him a good fight.
I don't think so since Bieksa is a trained boxer and tough as nails.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
they really don't hava an idea about bieksa eh?

Andre Boudrias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Peter McNeely was a trained boxer too... I'd take several NHL players before him in a fight

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:00 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon44 View Post
they really don't hava an idea about bieksa eh?
Nope. Bieksa filled JF Jaques...who injured Jeff Cowan...who is a reformed middleweight tough guy. As for Ference/Bieksa - this is basically Kevin's 1st year in the league. 22 points and averaging 25 minutes a night, not too shabby.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:41 AM
natural420*

boxing training dosent mean as much in hockey and some would think. i would still defeinatley take regehr and iginla over bieska.

22 points is pretty good though

what is he. 3rd on the canucks depth chart?

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Canucksrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
actually, unlike some people, i dont speak unless i feel i know enough about it too. nice try at a burn though, you guys cant have a civil conversation without flaming can you?
I would also question your knowledge of Bieksa and his fighting abilty. Watching Bieksa in the A and in the NHL, i have never seen him lose a fight. He has quick punches and more often than not lands more than the other guy. Also is a huge weightlifter and spends alot of time inthe gym, so power shouldnt be an issue. Kesler and Iginla had a good fight which I would call a draw, Kevin would kill Kesler hands down and therefore would prolly win versus Iginla(thats if he can get off Iggys helmet + visor, because we all know Iggy wont take it off himself. Regehr I have only seen fight a couple times and I would take Bieksa just do to fighting style. Bieksa would give ANYBODY on the flames a good fight.

Rypien, when he gets back, can take on your lightweights and destroy them .

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 06:18 AM
orcatown

Lombardi showed no reaction to Bieksa. Just looked for other Flames to celebrate the goal with. If Bieksa had speared him he would have reacted in some way. Ference just acted like an idiot. Really a bad penalty that destroyed the momentum created by Lombardi's goal. Happened that way all night. Flames kept throwing away advantage by taking bad penalties. Blame them, not the refs.

Lombardi is developing into a very nice player. He did make Bieksa look bad on a couple of plays. Hopefully, from a Canuck standpoint, Bieksa learns from this game.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 07:52 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Yes, Bieksa's playing over his head right now, however he has 27 career nhl points. You know who else on the Flames was really hot last season? Ference. Still didn't mean we were going around claiming he was anything more then a highly capable bottem pairing defensemen. If you think Bieksa is going to carry you to the promised land you're the one whose head needs shaking. for a so called defensive defensemen that -5 sure doesn't look to great.
Bieksa's career is 80 games in length.

This is his first full NHL year.

Currently he is on pace for 16 goals and 42 points.

That is good.

just something to ponder about +/-: Fitzpatrick is +2.

Anyway, Bieksa DID slash lombardi and he DID get a penalty for it. Unfortunately there is the instigator rule which, stupid as it may be, resulted in a penalty for the flames.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
just something to ponder about +/-: Fitzpatrick is +2.
Thats pretty disappointing for an all-star.

Anyway, drop the personal insults in this thread now.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Danny__K

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Lombardi showed no reaction to Bieksa. Just looked for other Flames to celebrate the goal with. If Bieksa had speared him he would have reacted in some way.
Hate to bring facts into the arguement but look up the game sheetc Bieksa got 2 for slashing, which MUST have happened after the play of the penalty would have been nullified by the goal. The real question here should be why Ference got the 4 minutes for instigating when the refs aknowledge that the actions of Bieksa instigated the fight.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Hate to bring facts into the arguement but look up the game sheetc Bieksa got 2 for slashing, which MUST have happened after the play of the penalty would have been nullified by the goal. The real question here should be why Ference got the 4 minutes for instigating when the refs aknowledge that the actions of Bieksa instigated the fight.
from what i understand is you get 2 instigators of you instigate with a visor on... i dont think we normally see that rule because usually instigatrrs arent generally awarded in the first place... overall i just think you have to chalk it all up 9everythin gin that game) to McGoof wanting the spotlight

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM
serge2k

Quote:
2 for instigating and 2 for instigating with the visor on.

Slashing is not instigating a fight.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:38 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
no he isn't. Common misconception. Rypien is a trained boxer because his dad was one. Bieksa is just a good scrapper.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
no he isn't. Common misconception. Rypien is a trained boxer because his dad was one. Bieksa is just a good scrapper.
By the way, Rypien by all indications was a much much better fighter than Bieksa in the minors... Being 5'7'' 170 lbs, I'd say that has at least a bit to do with his boxing experience.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote