HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #22

Old
01-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Katicus

vCash: 500
This was the best game I've seen for a while from Lupul

Hope MacT keeps 94-10-15 together for a litttle bit longer....I think that line has some real potential....Lups firing shots while Smytty screens the goalie and Horc goes into the corners.....

Katicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Hongolia

I agree the defence was bad but we didn't lose because of the defence. The double powerplay goal really killed us. I thought we played really well in the 3rd and controlled a lot of the action.

Hongolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Wolfpack

Stupid, lazy penalties continue to cost this team. It is clear that they were previously playing over their heads on the PK and now giving up so many powerplays is catching up to them.

In no way can I agree that Horcoff played a good game. Despite the goal he was downright awful, as he has been for the last month. 12 shots on goal and as many shots wide in the last 2 games... he'd BETTER score a goal. There is no other player that gives the puck away at the opposition blueline as often as him. That is beyond just "struggling"... he is making preventable mistakes over and over again. 3 for 9 last night on faceoffs to boot.

Playing next to Ryan Smyth and Horcoff's +/- is currently -9.

I am not anti-Horcoff, but this team needs him to stop making rookie mistakes. Yes, our defence is brutal, but I see that as more of a personel problem than anything. We don't have the horses. In Horcoff's case, he can play MUCH better than he has. Whatever Stoll is eating for his pregame meals, he should be giving Horcoff the leftovers.

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:13 PM
kashirat

I really don't think we played that bad of a game yesterday. Our D were moving the puck up the ice much better, and for the most part were getting out of our zone better than we have been the past games.

Our pk of late has been the thing that has been killing us. The 5 on 3 yesterday was the big one, and we've been giving up a lot of power play goals lately.

kashirat is offline   Reply With Quote