HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NYR/CHI] Kyle Beach to the Rangers for Brandon Mashinter

Old
12-07-2013, 01:45 AM
PlamsUnlimited
Get in the Boat Pls

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
he will be a fan favorite over at the Rangers board for 2 weeks.. He is worthless but doesn't have a rep for being a fighter so people there will love him.. 2 weeks in he will have a fight and the rangers board will explode and hold protests in the streets because he shows a violent streak.. Hate how passive the Rangers have become,
You again?

Dude, enough with your spiel on how fighting is the best thing ever. Everyone already knows this guy's a head case anyhow. Please.

PlamsUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 01:47 AM
LandofLincoln*

vCash: 500
Rangers win this trade

Rangers win this trade easily. Beach needed a change of scenery. Is he a Jessiman? Maybe he is but the Hawks will never know because they never called him up.

Beach has a lightning rod shot and easily could be a 30PTs type guy on a 3rd or 4th line. Probably a fourth line. As long as he doesn't fight the Rangers are good. He likes to fight and he is a little less than average at fighting. If he can just become a hitter like a Clutterbuck or Brouwer this could be a guy that plays 5-6 years.

I don't want to make it sound like NYR got diamonds they didn't. Beach had a hat trick last week in the AHL and would have had a 4th goal had the crossbar goal counted. He can go on negative streaks and disappear for 5-6 games but all bottom six guys have that problem. I don't see him being a locker room cancer, but potential for that is there.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 01:51 AM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresEH View Post
I know for a fact that their Kelowna based scout said not to go anywhere near Beach. Everyone in Kelowna knows about Beach and the effed up stuff he did as a kid. Maybe the other scouts were willing to take a risk but Gillis was definitely told by one to stay away. Good thing he listened.
Agreed, but I've met the family and unless they act completely different in private, he's one of the more level headed members of it.

Honestly, I'd expect a ton of **** to come out to the media if he ever has a biography piece done.

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:37 AM
achtungbaby

Oh how the Beachey have fallen.

Ok... That was a terrible pun. It's late.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:39 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post
Agreed, but I've met the family and unless they act completely different in private, he's one of the more level headed members of it.

Honestly, I'd expect a ton of **** to come out to the media if he ever has a biography piece done.
Intriguing. Outside of his draft year, I haven't read much about him. Care to link?

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:55 AM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Intriguing. Outside of his draft year, I haven't read much about him. Care to link?
No article, just grew up in the same area and met a few members of his family a handful of times. None of what he's done is that shocking if you've met the guy.

It's just my opinion, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some messed up stories to tell and whether he does is up to him.

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:13 AM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Regardless of how big a bust Beach has been, any time you can get a former 11th overall pick for an AHL'er, you pull the trigger.
Not if the 'former 11th overall pick' has the attitude to go with that tag, which Beach does, from all reports.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:33 AM
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest

If all this crap is true (and the videos seem to support it), we lost this trade. I liked Mash. He didn't have a ton of skill, but I thought he was okay on the 4th line and added some energy. He'd fight. Rangers needed that kind of thing. He just never found offense, which, as many said, he seemed to have for a bit as a Sharks prospect.

I'll be optimistic and hope Beach sorts his crap out, but judging by what everyone's saying here and the videos, he has severe attitude problems, and I don't know if anyone in NY can really break him out of that. I'd love to have Torts tear him apart, but, alas, those days are gone. I don't know. I thought the Rangers might've gotten a steal, but with this immaturity bull...

Sounds like he should be traded to a team of psychotherapists.

OnlyRevolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:56 AM
hanrahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
So Beach is Huge Jessiman 2.0?
pretty much, at this point.

hanrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
he will be a fan favorite over at the Rangers board for 2 weeks.. He is worthless but doesn't have a rep for being a fighter so people there will love him.. 2 weeks in he will have a fight and the rangers board will explode and hold protests in the streets because he shows a violent streak.. Hate how passive the Rangers have become,
Ummm…. what…?

Sean Avery was a cult hero for most fans, and everyone loved Prust. One of the main criticisms about Boyle on our board is that he doesn't fight.

I'm not really sure what you're on about…

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:15 AM
Barnaby

He might be nothing, but Mashinter was def nothing so it's worth a roll of the dice. If he pulls his crap together, then maybe he could stir some stuff up and be decent as a 4th liner. If not, then he walks at the end of the year. No risk, medium reward. I personally love having a pest on the team just for entertainment value, and to stir the team up and keep them alive when necessary...

Old
12-07-2013, 04:29 AM
damicius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Regardless of how big a bust Beach has been, any time you can get a former 11th overall pick for an AHL'er, you pull the trigger.
10 Mikhail Yakubov
11 Pavel Vorobiev
3 Cam Barker
7 Jack Skille

nothing new for Chicago

And Chicago is far from Columbus etc.

damicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:36 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Here's a good one to start. This is against a teammate in training camp.

Here's some recent comments by Rockford head coach Ted Dent on Beach's maturity or lack therefore of (pretty rare to see a coach go off on a player like that)
http://www.thethirdmanin.com/wp/audi...tGameScrum.mp3

The Blackhawks won't even recall Beach to be a black ace in the playoffs over fears that he will disrupt the team.
And that sidelined Olimb http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4225 who wouldn't fight, for several weeks and maybe denied him a shot up in Chicago.
But he has never complained about it or called out Beach. Played trough his one year ELC and returned to Sweden and Frølunda.

Beach was in SHL and HV 71 on loan and played 7 games, scoring to goals and had an assist and 35 PIM. HV71 let him go after a big hit that sidelined an opponent for a while. They said they couldn't offer him enough icetime.
http://translate.google.com/translat...far-lamna-hv71
"Will leave HV71
Extends not with Kyle Beach
The tackle on Tomas Hyka that rendered the match penalty was the last thing that Kyle Beach scored in HV71-shirt. Now, the club announced that he was not allowed to stay.
- Now that we have brought in new forwards we see that Kyle would have a limited role in the team, says sports director Fredrik Stillman.
Kyle Beach was borrowed by HV71 from the Chicago Blackhawks at the beginning of October. After three weeks and a total of seven games in SHL it is now clear that the former junior star is not offered to remain in the club.

In a press release writes Fredrik Stillman, HV71's sporting director, the man from the club's side do not believe they have room for Beach in the squad in and with the signings of primarily Toni Rajala and Erik Christensen as has been done in the last week. "
Seems like former Ranger Eric Christensen has left KHL for SHL.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:41 AM
damicius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick rash View Post
so, Hugh Jessiman 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrahan View Post
pretty much, at this point.

no way, 2003 was the best draft in this century

10 FW picked directly after Jessiman
Dustin Brown
Robert Nilsson
Steve Bernier
Zach Parise
Eric Fehr
Ryan Getzlaf
Brent Burns
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Ryan Kesler
Mike Richards

10 FW picked directly after Beach
Zach Boychuk
Joe Colborne
Anton Gustafsson
Jordan Eberle
Mattias Tedenby
Greg Nemisz
Tyler Ennis
Viktor Tikhonov
Daultan Leveille
Phil McRae

Jessiman wins the bust competition

damicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by damicius View Post

Dustin Brown
Robert Nilsson
Steve Bernier
Zach Parise
Eric Fehr
Ryan Getzlaf
Brent Burns
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Ryan Kesler
Mike Richards

Zach Boychuk
Joe Colborne
Anton Gustafsson
Jordan Eberle
Mattias Tedenby
Greg Nemisz
Tyler Ennis
Viktor Tikhonov
Daultan Leveille
Phil McRae

Not sure if 'wins' is the right word!

Old
12-07-2013, 10:07 AM
The Fuhr*

Sens can retain 3.0 of his cap hit and it would not cost us a penny

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 11:47 AM
sabresEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post

Says a lot about the family eh . He and his brother are just different cats. I spent more time with Kyle growing up so I don't know much about what Cody has done but if he's done worse than what Beach has done than that family needs .

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 12:15 PM
bernmeister

Beach to this point has higher intangibles --- anger mgmt, immaturity, whatever --- vs. him.

Both have potential, Beach way more than Mash, who is more immediately 'available' let's say.

Hawks did not lose here. They lost when they drafted him, which was a true 'who knew?' scenario, with red flags, but enough basis on paper to grab him.

Beach shoots R. Mashinter, L I believe (plays LW).
One good this this does for Rangers is allows Yogan to move up in the comp for 4th LW.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damicius View Post

Dustin Brown
Robert Nilsson
Steve Bernier
Zach Parise
Eric Fehr
Ryan Getzlaf
Brent Burns
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Ryan Kesler
Mike Richards

Zach Boychuk
Joe Colborne
Anton Gustafsson
Jordan Eberle
Mattias Tedenby
Greg Nemisz
Tyler Ennis
Viktor Tikhonov
Daultan Leveille
Phil McRae

Lots of good Defensemen picked after Beach though. Myers, Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa, Del Zotto, Carlson, Voynov, Josi, Schultz, Hamonic, Scandella all in the first two rounds.

Both are busts, I guess Beach could turn it around, but it's pretty unlikely unless the Hawk management was just way off on the guy. He wasn't even a Black Ace in the Playoffs.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:27 PM
a tribe cq
the undertaker

McIlrath, Asham, and Haley will pound Beach's face in if he acts up.

Too many character/team guys down in HTFD for Beach to come in and start ****ing around.

a tribe cq is offline   Reply With Quote