HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #29|Sat., Dec. 7, 2013|Flyers at Stars |2:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
This post just reeks of condescension and narcissism. I guess you're the leading authority on how much people are allowed to vent and how much people can't? Despite the fact that you're the only one getting all uppity about it?

Don't fault me for your selective memory either. I post in just about every GDT regardless of how good the team did. When the team doesn't show up at all people need to vent and there's more to comment on. Or does that not make enough sense to you?

I've admitted that this team is not good enough many times and people get on me for that on occasion, but I also comment on how great the Couturier line is and Mason is quite frequently. There's not much else going on with the team that is positive.
I'm not trying to be condescending and I'm certainly not being narcissistic, but if that's how you want to view it then that's up to you. Again, you're seeing things that aren't there, I'm saying how the comments come off, not demanding that people stop making them. If people want to lose their minds after a few bad goals then fine, that's their right, but I can also make a comment on that. Also, like I just said, there's a difference between venting and acting stupid. For the record, I wasn't even talking about your comment.

I think the main problem here is that you're not understanding what I'm saying about the difference between venting and being ridiculous. You keep talking about the need to vent and acting like I'm saying people shouldn't do that. What I should have done is specifically quote the comments that I'm talking about.

My comments about your posting history and my impression of you were more a response to your reply to my first comment and don't really have anything to do with the subject of my first comment. Either way, I shouldn't have said that, so I apologize.

Old
12-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I'm still thankful anytime Coburn actually uses a slapper. Watching him Carle it at the net for 48 games last season was so terrible

12-07-2013, 03:26 PM
RussianRocket10

When Brayden was still a prospect in the Kings organization, wasn't he called the best player/prospect not in the NHL or something along those lines? Because I just don't see it.

Old
12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Alright lets get this straight

We dump it in and turn it over or just give it to them for a line change because of our strong skaters.

or just have one person our team (Giroux) carry it but then lose it anyways within a second of crossing the line.

Then have the other team make a nice set of NZ passes (unheard of) and ACTUALLY CARRY it into our zone, where our first 1-2 attempts at disrupting any player at all fail. Until either a 3rd or 4th disruption happens, its iced, or get scored on.

Flyers Hockey?

Old
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
i wonder if hartnell wakes up in the morning and just laughs knowing he's fooling holmgren into thinking he's a hockey player
Considering his contract status I'd say he's already fooled him, and the laughing occurs on his trips to the bank.

Old
orange is better
than other colors...

Couldn't watch the game today: was mason as bad as his stats indicate or did the defense do him no favors as per usual?

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Amy Fadool: pretty girl with an ugly name

Old
12-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
When Brayden was still a prospect in the Kings organization, wasn't he called the best player/prospect not in the NHL or something along those lines? Because I just don't see it.
My stance at the time was "Best player not in the NHL" is a glorified was of saying "not good enough for the NHL."

Old
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Lol at Jackson and Jonesy dick riding Hartnell. I wish they had the balls to just once call this team out.

Old
Stizzle

Did Jones just say Hartnell has been a consistent performer through his 900 games? WTF?!?!?

Old
12-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Are you truly satisfied with his development so far?

I don't want him traded, but I'm deeply concerned with what we're seeing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I don't want to give up on B Schenn simply because I did with JVR, and he proved me wrong, greatly. But at the same time, he just leaves me wanting more.
Pretty much exactly how I feel. JVR was probably the last lesson I'll ever need in regards to the NHL with being patient for your young guys to develop, but at the same time I actually thought JVR did just about everything but score when he was here while Schenn is kind of the opposite. Just kind of invisible out there and listless despite managing to get points this season somehow.

I'm also thinking similarly to Beef in that I don't want him traded short of a return that makes it necessary, but it's concerning right now.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Couldn't watch the game today: was mason as bad as his stats indicate or did the defense do him no favors as per usual?
No. Mason was really good and held them in for a long time. The Schenn deflected one goal into the net and another Bounced off Timonen's butt as he went for a block.

Old
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Weak call.

Old
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Love how the ref right there wasn't going to make the call..

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
12-07-2013, 03:30 PM
flyershockey

Much worse at live speed. Shouldn't have been a penalty.

Old
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Weak call.
Left his feet. Aimed for the head.

Old
GingerFetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Lol at Jackson and Jonesy dick riding Hartnell. I wish they had the balls to just once call this team out.

Hartnell Down! Funny Commercials! Children books! Such a good hockey player.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Hahaha...Benn the Lesser.

Old
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Palm Isle View Post
Because they are showing absolutely nothing out there. Nothing.
I think Braydon does have offensive skills, he just shows them inconsistently. Luke took a large step back this season though. I never thought it was a good idea to trade for brothers from different teams. Especially for the premium haul it took to get both of them.

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:

I agree that he isn't really playing as well as most had hoped but I think some of that has to do with his linemates. Simmonds hasn't been too good this season except for a few games and Lecavelier has been off and on. None of the players on that line are really fast or exceptionally good passers so I think it hurts them. I would really like to see him play with Giroux and Voracek for a few games just to see if it would make a difference. At the very least he has a better shot than Hartnell so I think it could help.

Old
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
No. Mason was really good and held them in for a long time. The Schenn deflected one goal into the net and another Bounced off Timonen's butt as he went for a block.
Thanks beef. This team...

Old
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:

Yea I am. I don't have a problem with his development. He scores in bunches, goes on hot streaks for a handful of games then cools off. A lot of players do it. A lot more young players do it. This is why we can't have nice things. Every player that comes up and has consistency issues gets ripped to no end. This is typical of how young players develop.

Old
12-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I'm not trying to be condescending and I'm certainly not being narcissistic, but if that's how you want to view it then that's up to you. Again, you're seeing things that aren't there, I'm saying how the comments come off, not demanding that people stop making them. If people want to lose their minds after a few bad goals then fine, that's their right, but I can also make a comment on that. Also, like I just said, there's a difference between venting and acting stupid. For the record, I wasn't even talking about your comment.

I think the main problem here is that you're not understanding what I'm saying about the difference between venting and being ridiculous. You keep talking about the need to vent and acting like I'm saying people shouldn't do that. What I should have done is specifically quote the comments that I'm talking about.

My comments about your posting history and my impression of you were more a response to your reply to my first comment and don't really have anything to do with the subject of my first comment. Either way, I shouldn't have said that, so I apologize.
Appreciate it, I apologize too if I ever came off too harshly, but your initial post was very aggressive and just unnecessary in general. Your second one felt like a personal assault at times.

I understand where you're getting at, but this is a team that has shown nothing to warrant being happy overall with it over this season and last season combined with each other and this is a message board so there's always going to be people saying ridiculous things. I tend to ignore them unless they're completely not in line with reality in which case it's best to talk to those specific people rather then a general statement like you did.

Old
Flyerss

vCash: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
if Mason wasn't playing it would be 8-1 i'm not kidding

Old
GingerFetish

Trade them all.

Closed Thread