HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Dec. 7, 2013|Flyers 1 at Stars 5 (Timonen: skated Dec. 9 at OTT, will play)

Old
12-07-2013, 04:49 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
Good: Mark Streits abillity to shoot right square into the middle of a pad each time.

Bad: This team

Ugly: Getting control of the puck in our zone and maintaining it on the entry into the other zone.
Mark Streit continues to underwhelm and it is only the 1st year of his contract. Better than Carle my @$$!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:49 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
This teams needs to find a trading partner for a Top 4 PMD and/or and sniping winger.

Glaring need, but this team is still too slow regardless. It's disgusting watching how bad we are against these speedy teams.
Kulikov?

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Unless we can trade Voracek or Hartnell for Ryan, I wouldn't bother.

It would be nice if we could draft a Ryan.

Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
This teams needs to find a trading partner for a Top 4 PMD and/or and sniping winger.

Glaring need, but this team is still too slow regardless. It's disgusting watching how bad we are against these speedy teams.
Voracek for Yandle

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Chief compared him to JVR earlier this year and calls B Schenn a power forward. And no, JVR is 6'3" 200lbs, if he's more it's definitely not 20+ lbs more. Schenn is 6'1" and 190lbs (maybe more) but is more physical. While that's not particularly big its his style of play that is important.
I can't see BSchenn as a power forward. That would however explain why his stick handling is like Simmonds'. It isn't their game to do that. Geez, no wonder the second line with Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds struggle bringing the puck up the ice and Simmer is the one usually skating with the puck.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

People are going to get annoyed with me for commenting on the state of the team and the fact that I comment more on it then anything else, but I'm gonna go for it anyhow:

Good

-This game...somebody help me here.

Bad

-Everything.

Ugly

-Everything.

That's just for this game. People are concerned with B. Schenn, but in reality he's probably our smallest worry compared to the rest of the top six besides Giroux. Giroux is not a special hockey player in anything outside of point producing so he's doing what I expect him to do since you can't expect a player to produce points every game. Schenn has development time, is still putting up points, and although he's not sticking out in a good way he's also not doing things as badly as some others on this team.

The rest of the top six is a mess. Voracek is a disappointment because of his last season, but his shooting percentage was way up that season and his production for the rest of his career is usually around the 50 P range. He's concerning me more then Schenn since he seems much less likely to reach his potential at this point. Hartnell I've never liked, but he seems regressed at this point and a Hartnell that isn't scoring goals is a Hartnell that is borderline useless. Simmonds is like a younger replica of Hartnell in some ways so that feels redundant in it's own right. Raffl can't produce in the offensive zone, he just can't. Lecavalier is good enough offensively, but he is average to horrible in every other facet and he's injured a lot it seems. The top six as a whole just ranges from horrible to average when it comes to the defensive end of things.

Berube also keeps making puzzling lineup decisions on a perpetual basis and seems to keep the lineups exactly the same if we win a game regardless of how the game was won. He also preaches accountability but I haven't really seen that yet.

As for this game, this game is exactly what happens to this team when both the Couturier line and Mason don't steal the show because those two things are what keeps this team alive at the moment.

Also, Rinaldo is still an idiot.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Mark Streit continues to underwhelm and it is only the 1st year of his contract. Better than Carle my @$$!
Can Carle QB a PP yet? Or does he still singlehandedly destroy them?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
Voracek for Yandle
In a heartbeat.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Streit has 1 goal..the PP itself is weak..so I fail to see him as much of a catalyst as people thought he would be..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
I'd much rather have Carle.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Giroux was solid defensively last year, not as much this year. Very disappointing

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Streit has 1 goal..the PP itself is weak..so I fail to see him as much of a catalyst as people thought he would be..
It's weak now, it would be a complete disaster with Carle.

Remember his chances on the point? It was terrible. Imagining this PP with Carle trying to run it gives me a fever.

The main problem with a guy like Streit (and Carle, too) is if the top 6 is a trainwreck, they aren't going to produce. Carle wouldn't be faring any better, at all. Considering his deficiencies on the PP, he'd be worse.

Old
12-07-2013, 04:55 PM
MP92

Quote:
I think you've forgot just how mediocre Carle is. Im no Streit fan either, but...

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Jtown

What the hell has happened to giroux. Seirously.

Ever since he went to germany he has been no where near the player he once was. Giroux is a perimeter first line center. Name another one in the league?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
People weren't fans of the contract at the time it was made there were just some that thought this team would be good so it was an acceptable deal. His puck ability does seem greatly exaggerated though.

He's decent enough in regards to passing and carrying the puck, but his shot is really weak so he's never going to be a top PP QB just because of that.

Old
12-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I think you've forgot just how mediocre Carle is. Im no Streit fan either, but...
Yeah. Streit and Carle aren't Bobby Orr or even Mark Howe/ Ray Bourque/Pronger. They aren't going to run or propel an offense all on their own. They are just a component of the offense, and if the rest of the components are sucking they aren't going to be doing too well offensively. Problem is, they don't have the D to really make up for it.

If the forwards aren't a bumble****, a Carle/Streit type Dman ends up looking far better.

Old
12-07-2013, 05:01 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
What the hell has happened to giroux. Seirously.

Ever since he went to germany he has been no where near the player he once was. Giroux is a perimeter first line center. Name another one in the league?
He's not a perimeter player, not even close. He is however playing with the two worst forwards in the top nine right now.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:03 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Yeah. Streit and Carle aren't Bobby Orr or even Mark Howe/ Ray Bourque/Pronger. They aren't going to run or propel an offense all on their own. They are just a component of the offense, and if the rest of the components are sucking they aren't going to be doing too well offensively. Problem is, they don't have the D to really make up for it.

If the forwards aren't a bumble****, a Carle/Streit type Dman ends up looking far better.
Pretty much. The defense moves the puck adequately enough. The forwards are a mess when moving the puck through the neutral zone.

Old
12-07-2013, 05:04 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1100
Official word on Timonen is day-to-day. Termed "upper body." The team flies to Ottawa and practices there tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. ET.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Official word on Timonen is day-to-day. The team flies to Ottawa and practices there tomorrow. Termed "upper body."
So, see you next game Kimmo.

Old
Garbage Goal

The thing that bothers me with this team is that there's not many ways to address this team's needs at the moment other then waiting it out. Can't move our 1st because it's looking like it might be a really quality pick in terms of placement and we might not even make the playoffs. Our top six is horrible at the moment, but Giroux is what our offense is built around so can't really trade him and the rest of the top six just doesn't have a whole hell lot of a value. Could package some together to net a great return, but we also don't have the players to fill in any holes in the top six. Already have Raffl playing on the second line with Lecavalier out. The Couturier line draws too much defensive responsibility to put any offensive onus on them.

Old
SuchySays

"he'll BE BACK NEXT SHIFT GUYS." - Pierre on Kimmo

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:07 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Official word on Timonen is day-to-day. The team flies to Ottawa and practices there tomorrow. Termed "upper body."
He'll play. He is after all a direct descendant of Zeus.

Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1100
Quote:
So, see you next game Kimmo.
It could be a finger injury.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Rinaldo has a some major screws loose upstairs.

Mr Black is online now   Reply With Quote