HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calling out Kovalev, Samsonov and Ryder after every single loss is getting old.

Old
01-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Alexei Yashvalev

vCash: 500
Calling out Kovalev, Samsonov and Ryder after every single loss is getting old.

Especially last game when Kovalev was better than most everyone else (Not that that's saying much).

There seems to be a certain percentage of Habs fans that despise one or more of these three players and take every opportunity to bash them justified or not. You know, I'm a 'Habs Fan', I like every player on our team because they wear the CH. The CH wins as a team and the CH loses as a team, maybe Huet didn't have his best game tonight, or Higgins for that matter, but the bashing is always on the same players.

Alexei Yashvalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Ross MacLochness

I'd like for just once to see Samsonov given a try away from Kovalev. He is still a very skilled hockey player. Why are these lines written in stone? They were never that good 5-on-5 to begin with.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:36 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Yashvalev View Post
Especially last game when Kovalev was better than most everyone else (Not that that's saying much).

There seems to be a certain percentage of Habs fans that despise one or more of these three players and take every opportunity to bash them justified or not. You know, I'm a 'Habs Fan', I like every player on our team because they wear the CH. The CH wins as a team and the CH loses as a team, maybe Huet didn't have his best game tonight, or Higgins for that matter, but the bashing is always on the same players.
Uh...hello...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:51 AM
jordi

I wore my Sammy tshirt today. *cry* I didn't mean to make it worse!

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:13 AM
ari1160

ok guys ... its not all kovalev's fault....relax ppl habs are still on top of their game... yes kovy turn over which cost a goal.. but i think every one saw.... huet cant play 4-5 games in a row.. remamber vs boston he was coming from a 3 straght game and blowed also ( not that it was huet's fault )... i dont get it every one needs a break .. and huet give out some pretty huge rebound last night.. the D was not good also...

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

Huet was left out to dry after the kovalev no goal. It wasn't his fault.

If not for the disallowed goal, kovy's got 5 points in his last 2 games. My biggest complaints with him are the bad penalties he takes but I realize he is an important part of the team.

Higgins is definitly playing sub par. It seems like the adreniline of coming back from injury has worn off and now he is just struggling to get his rythym back. It happens.

But no bashing thread can be made without Craig Rivet. That guy gets bashed routinely. But its guys like rivet that I actually would love to see succeed with the team because he is one of those guys who puts it all out on the ice and really cares about the team. Its too bad he has some limitations.

As for samsonov, not that I have anything personal against him. I've been against that signing since the day bob picked him up. I hope he gets it going but I'm becomming increasingly pessimistic.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:07 AM
David_99

They should switch Sammy with Lats. Put Sammy on the 4th with Streit and Lats in the top 2 lines. Just to see what happens. If sammy b!tÁhes again, see how he likes the AHL.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:10 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
They should switch Sammy with Lats. Put Sammy on the 4th with Streit and Lats in the top 2 lines. Just to see what happens. If sammy b!tÁhes again, see how he likes the AHL.
On RDS yesterday they said something about Carbo wanting the 2nd line to get out of their lethargy on their own. I like the idea of Sammy with Strit and Tenderness as it might wake him up but that being said he would probably take it the wrong way like last time and might create a problem in the room.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:12 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

watch the game on center ice, i thought Kovalev and Ryder had strong games.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:22 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
watch the game on center ice, i thought Kovalev and Ryder had strong games.
Kovy seemed to be playing better but as a whole the team looked a little down. Important weekend with the Rags and Devils so should be interesting and two wins would go a long way towards solidifying out 4th place in the conference.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:27 AM
GoodKiwi

Who's bashing Kovalev and Ryder? Point those people to me quick!

Samsonov on the other hand....

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:43 AM
laubelroc

boo

the fans will soon be booing boulion next few games .the way hes playing it got come someone got to tell the coachesnow before its to late .

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:

Calling out Kovalev and ESPECIALLY Samsanov is getting old. This is because Kovalev is one of our most valuable playoff assets. Secondly Samsanov has been giving his all every game. He's been unlucky and has had a bad season, I agree. But He will pick it up sooner or later. He at least gives 100%. Ryder on the other hand has been playing like crap. He hogs the puck, he doesn't put up points like he used to, he's overall been crap and wastes plays by hogging the puck.

Ryder should be on the trade block, we didn't need another Mike Ribiero(yes I know Ribs plays center and Ryder doesn't)

Anyways.... I'm tired of people bashing Kovalev. I may just flame the next Kovalev basher, so we'll see..

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:23 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Samsanov has been giving his all every game. He's been unlucky and has had a bad season, I agree. But He will pick it up sooner or later. He at least gives 100%.
Samsonov has been playing on the perimeter. It's not that he has been unlucky... he has been waiting for chances instead of creating them. He lets Kovalev and Plekanec take a beating in the corners and behind the net while he tries to float into open spots on the ice.

Samsonov is not a bad hockey player. He is a good hockey player who has been playing badly. He really needs to get involved.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
GoHabsGO252006

I get annoyed by the people who start the stop bashing people thread.

Personally I chose to bash Ryder. Sure Samsonov and Kovalev have produced little, but there's no denying they have skills and put in the right siutation I have no doubt they will perofrm. Problem is Carbo has kept them together all year.

Ryder on the other hand has virtually no skills and any goal he gets is directly a factor of somone elses hard work and a bit of luck. He can't stickhandle worth a damn, nor can he pass, one-time shots, get back on D, position himself for scoring opportunities or put the puck in wide open nets. The only thing he has is a half decent wrist shot and a great center.

I would rather have anyone in his spot on the first line, including Streit. I hope that Carbo soon loses his hard on for Ryder who i believe should be on the fourth line or prefereably traded. There is no way BG brings him back for 2.2M next year.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
Samsonov has been playing on the perimeter. It's not that he has been unlucky... he has been waiting for chances instead of creating them. He lets Kovalev and Plekanec take a beating in the corners and behind the net while he tries to float into open spots on the ice.

Samsonov is not a bad hockey player. He is a good hockey player who has been playing badly. He really needs to get involved.
Not everyone is a playmaker. Some people are just good at scoring. If you've got a guy like Pleks (no offense) trying to setup plays for guys like Kovy and Sammy of course they'll never score. Is my logic that bad??? Come on Carb, it's time to give Bonk a try with Sammy/Kovy and move Pleks down, or even Lapierre/sammy/kov

Old
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
I get annoyed by the people who start the stop bashing people thread.

Personally I chose to bash Ryder. Sure Samsonov and Kovalev have produced little, but there's no denying they have skills and put in the right siutation I have no doubt they will perofrm. Problem is Carbo has kept them together all year.

Ryder on the other hand has virtually no skills and any goal he gets is directly a factor of somone elses hard work and a bit of luck. He can't stickhandle worth a damn, nor can he pass, one-time shots, get back on D, position himself for scoring opportunities or put the puck in wide open nets. The only thing he has is a half decent wrist shot and a great center.

I would rather have anyone in his spot on the first line, including Streit. I hope that Carbo soon loses his hard on for Ryder who i believe should be on the fourth line or prefereably traded. There is no way BG brings him back for 2.2M next year.
Couldn't agree with you more. You see Kovalev and Sammy on any given night fighting to apply pressure. One thing I think a lot of people don't realize is the amount of pressure in some games the other team gets from playing against our 2nd line. They tire out the other team

Old
01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Not everyone is a playmaker. Some people are just good at scoring. If you've got a guy like Pleks (no offense) trying to setup plays for guys like Kovy and Sammy of course they'll never score. Is my logic that bad??? Come on Carb, it's time to give Bonk a try with Sammy/Kovy and move Pleks down, or even Lapierre/sammy/kov
Yes and no. No one can argue the fact they don't seem to mesh, but... seeing the three of them play, I'm pretty sure Plekanec will end his season with more points than Samsonov, and considering Plekanec is NOT having a good year offensively that says a lot...

As far as setting up the two wingers, that must be pretty hard to create offense if the only place on the ice you can find your linemates is along the boards...

the kid's might not have all the tools, but his transition game is very good, he's damn fast too... and when do you see Samsonov or Kovalev giving him the puck while he's at full speed ? never...

True, he's not having a great year offensively like I said, but he does have a few skills, and smart players like Kovalev should know how to use them...

goes both ways.

Bonk ? seriously, do you remember how good Bonk was last season after Koivu injury in the playoffs...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Astaroth

Samosnov had a very strong first half of a game with like 5 shots. The team gave up after that so whatever. Kovy was the same. Ryder well was Ryder, he's still useless unless he scores despite his improvement in off-puck play this season.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
jonny5

Quote:

Totally agree with your post, " The CH win as a TEAM," and " the CH lose as a TEAM ". But, as you can see, even in your thread about not to bash, it continues. This board in getting more and more classless by the day!!

jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post

I'd still rather see someone trying like Ryder than guys waste their talents like Kovalev and Samsonov. Also Ryder is probably the only top 6 forward who is hitting, and he is also playing the PK.

Thats the problem with player bashing. It often blinds posters to no end and has them fabricate "proofs" to prove points, case in point, your post.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote