HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ lolGMGM - 7 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Gotta say, I switched to the Bruins game after it got to be 2-0. Now THAT was one hell of a game.

Old
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeb View Post
I'm still astonished by the idea that Craig Smith was benched this game. Preds have issues scoring lately, why scratch him?
That's a head scratcher. Got a feeling this guy would do really well on another team.

Old
12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I'm in "don't care right now" mode due to issues from my two accidents.

Old
12-07-2013, 10:00 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Can we just call up half the admirals just so we don't have to risk injuries to the players on this team with actual talent. I feel like virtually all our good playershave had some sort of injury this season
While watching the past few games, I really got to thinking - why not give guys like Beck, Watson, Cehlin, Budish, Moser some big league PT.

I know you don't want to rush these guys, but I really don't think they could be any less productive than what we've got. Maybe we lose 4-1 instead of 4-2 every night.

At least we get to watch other guys lose. That might be worth tuning in for next game.

Old
12-07-2013, 10:05 PM
AintLifeGrand

I think the team has lost Trotz

I am officially in favor of blowing this team up and getting our dudes in Milwaukee some real playing time for the rest of the season.

Out: Wilson, Legwand, Klein, Gaustad, Hendricks, Bourque, Stalberg , Ellis ,Weber

In: Watson, Sissons , Salomakii , Beck , Jarvinen

Old
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
hockey diva

I watched The Incredibles on the Disney channel. Much more entertaining

Old
12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
agreed.. still can't understand the contracts we have recently given to hendricks, nystrom, gaustad, cullen, stalberg, etc
Because in just a matter of a few games, Eric freaking Nystrom will be leading this team in goals!!!!!He is the only plus from the insanity shown on Free Agent Frenzy - even with the pathetic efforts shown from his teammates, he was still very much into the game as the closing seconds ticked off tonight.

Old
12-07-2013, 10:17 PM
1stLineCottonCandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I think the team has lost Trotz

I am officially in favor of blowing this team up and getting our dudes in Milwaukee some real playing time for the rest of the season.

Out: Wilson, Legwand, Klein, Gaustad, Hendricks, Bourque, Stalberg , Ellis ,Weber

In: Watson, Sissons , Salomakii , Beck , Jarvinen

Your talking about a 2 to 4 year rebuild. This franchise could not handle that imo

Old
12-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Your talking about a 2 to 4 year rebuild. This franchise could not handle that imo
Don't know if you noticed, but like it or not, the rebuild is already here. It's been here since Suter left.

Old
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
PFL615

Bench Smith but not Legwand who has been invisible for awhile now. Horny gets leveled and not one *** player comes to his aid. Legwand I'm looking at you Veteran!!

Old
12-07-2013, 11:25 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Why the **** would Nashville re sign Legwand? Move on from that turd...

Old
12-07-2013, 11:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Bench Smith but not Legwand who has been invisible for awhile now. Horny gets leveled and not one *** player comes to his aid. Legwand I'm looking at you Veteran!!
It's because they are showcasing Legwand for a trade

Old
12-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Montross

Sure am glad the Preds passed pn Mikhail Grabovski. Even if it wouldn't have cost a thing. At least we have Nystrom and Hendricks!

Old
12-08-2013, 12:01 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Sure am glad the Preds passed pn Mikhail Grabovski. Even if it wouldn't have cost a thing. At least we have Nystrom and Hendricks!
Grabo wouldn't have fixed this team. Trotz would probably bench him.
We need more then just 1 player. Thinking oh if we only got a top 3 forward it would fix the team isn't going to work if he has nobody to play with. We need an entire 1st line. We need top 6 players and not 3rd liners.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Some thoughts from tonight's game.
Smith scratched for Clune? (2nd leading scorer)
Cullen played about 4 minutes in the 3rd period ( 5th scorer, 2 Pts behind Smith)
Wilson played 3 1/2 minutes in the 3rd? ( 4th in scoring, 1 behind Smith )
The Preds need goals and it's not like anyone stands out as a huge scorer on this team, but I am thinking some key offense was missing.
Also looking at the stats and there are now only 3 players not - on the team. That kind of season so far. Legwand, a team leading -12!
I still enjoy following this team and will continue to watch the games I can, but this is a tough stretch for you hometown Preds Fans.
Not sure which change would make the most impact? Coaching or player change?

Old
12-08-2013, 12:24 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Below is the quote from Barry Trotz on why Smith was scratched: “We put our emotional people in this game,” he said. “I thought we’ve been really soft, and you want to get a forecheck and play our game, so we went with the guys who were doing that a little bit more.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...e-thoughts-10/

Does it seem like whenever we go with an "emotional lineup" filled with supposed grinders and good defenders, we always end up giving up 4-5 goals?

Old
12-08-2013, 12:35 AM
glenngineer

So as others have said, can't score goals, play more grinders. How as a GM can Poile keep Trotz around, especially after his quote and lack of goals for the last 5 games. 7 goals in the last 5 games? Let's scratch Smith and put a grinder in who can't win a fight either. Yeah, that seems smart. Ekholm on the bench again? Really? I hope we keep losing so someone might finally get fired, whether it's Poile for not having the nads to can Trotz or Trotz for doing a number on these kids year in and year out. Have talent sit in place of an emotional guy. I'm emotional, do I get to play on Tuesday? I have the day off so I could make the morning skate and dress for the night. I'll go out there and suck but at least I'll have emotion.

As far as Horny being leveled, it was a good hit and it's a physical game. I thought it was late at first but after watching it, good hit by Brouwer. Too bad our "sandpaper" guys don't hit like that.

I'm still baffled we spent all this money in the offseason for the crap we ended up getting. And seriously, who pays that much money to guys who are 4th liners? Save the money or pool it towards overpaying guys with actual talent. Stupid stupid stupid.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:53 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Asked before and no one responded...

Jones' minutes are all over the map. Only 12+ tonight. What gives?

Old
12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So as others have said, can't score goals, play more grinders. How as a GM can Poile keep Trotz around, especially after his quote and lack of goals for the last 5 games. 7 goals in the last 5 games? Let's scratch Smith and put a grinder in who can't win a fight either. Yeah, that seems smart. Ekholm on the bench again? Really? I hope we keep losing so someone might finally get fired, whether it's Poile for not having the nads to can Trotz or Trotz for doing a number on these kids year in and year out. Have talent sit in place of an emotional guy. I'm emotional, do I get to play on Tuesday? I have the day off so I could make the morning skate and dress for the night. I'll go out there and suck but at least I'll have emotion.

As far as Horny being leveled, it was a good hit and it's a physical game. I thought it was late at first but after watching it, good hit by Brouwer. Too bad our "sandpaper" guys don't hit like that.

I'm still baffled we spent all this money in the offseason for the crap we ended up getting. And seriously, who pays that much money to guys who are 4th liners? Save the money or pool it towards overpaying guys with actual talent. Stupid stupid stupid.
This is the exact thing that crept into my mind as soon as he hit him. I was glad to see there wasn't someone going after someone after a clean hit, but I guess the likelihood of that happening, clean or dirty, was rather slim anyway.

I can live without fights and silly over the top crap, but for Christ's sake, finish your hits, forecheck, backcheck, shoot. Be relentless.

Honqvist's injury looked bad. really bad.

Old
12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Asked before and no one responded...

Jones' minutes are all over the map. Only 12+ tonight. What gives?
Josi, Klein, and Weber are all in the lineup. So when he makes a mistake, Trotz can bump him down or limit his minutes. Jones would never have had 25+ minutes with the abovementioned three healthy.

Old
12-08-2013, 01:10 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Josi, Klein, and Weber are all in the lineup. So when he makes a mistake, Trotz can bump him down or limit his minutes. Jones would never had 25+ minutes with the abovementioned three healthy.
Thank you.

Old
12-08-2013, 08:03 AM
PFL615

Who gives a crap if it was a legal hit. You think any other team would stand there if one of their top players got leveled.
So we are ok now with Preds players just standing around while are players get leveled late in the third down by 3 goals??? Wow!

Old
12-08-2013, 11:10 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Who gives a crap if it was a legal hit. You think any other team would stand there if one of their top players got leveled.
So we are ok now with Preds players just standing around while are players get leveled late in the third down by 3 goals??? Wow!
It's been "the predator way" for years, why start now? Downie STILL hasn't paid for that b.s. he pulled on Josie.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:19 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

**** Trotz

Old
12-08-2013, 11:25 AM
JR303

Quote:
I think you missed my point. I want the team to be tough, I want the team to hit, I just get sick of seeing fights after clean hits leaguewide, and I'm not alone. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek about the fact that the Predators won't stick up for each other. It would have been the ultimate irony to do so after a good, hard, clean and responsible hit from the opponet.

While I love skilled hockey, I think our passiveness and our extreme conversative defensive style have made us too soft and easy to play against. I want speed, I want them to hit, I want their forecheck to be relentless, and I want them to finish every single check they can. We haven't seen that in a long, long time. I don't know if it's coaching or player makeup, but when Fisher is your most constant physical player, you've got a problem. Weber hasn't even been physical enough for 2 years. I think he's too worried about his defensive partner to take the chance to make a hit. That's getting old.

Closed Thread