HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All-Purpose Kulikov Discussion Thread

Old
12-07-2013, 10:30 PM
BStinson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
how about kulikov and flieschman to the Wings for franzen smith and a 1st?
I think we should keep our 1st and develop our own talent. Look at last years first? Mantha is tearing it up!

BStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:41 PM
ShootIt

Interesting. Glad it fell through if Wilson was headed to Florida.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:54 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Gagner for Kulikov
Kulikov isn't worthless.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:17 AM
FrolikFan67

Kulikov + Shore to Colorado for McGinn + '15 1st rounder + D

Kulikov to Washington for Brouwer or Orlov + '14 1st rounder

how do either of those look? what would have to be added to make either work (if its lopsided)?

Last edited by FrolikFan67: 12-08-2013 at 04:06 AM.
FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:29 AM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
Kulikov + Shore to Colorado for McGinn + '15 1st rounder + D

Kulikov to Washington for Brouwer or Orlov + '14 1st rounder

how do either of those look? what would have to be added to make either work (if its lopsided)?
Would Kulikov + Matthias for Mcginn, Wilson, Elliott/2nd work?

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:35 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 50
Colorado is not giving up a first in this deal

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:05 AM
FrolikFan67

if kulikov + matthias for mcginn + elliot + wilson came up i'd probably do it, but id rather someone else over wilson if possible, someone who isn't injury prone.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:08 AM
nanzenkills

Quote:
if kulikov + matthias for mcginn + elliot + wilson came up i'd probably do it, but id rather someone else over wilson if possible, someone who isn't injury prone.
If I'm Colorado, I take this deal too.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:16 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Take your pick from the Wilson tier of defensemen. Sarich, Holden, Guenin, or Benoit.

Allen Degenerate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:47 AM
Petes2424

If Colorado is in play and they want Kulikov, I start with Barrie and Mcginn and really where does that help Florida? I'm high on Barrie so it works for me but others think Barrie's stature physically, will always get in the way. I like McGinn too but when it all comes down to it, he's a secondary need player.

Florida if moving Kulikov needs to hit on the deal. Dallas seems like a perfect fit. Glennie and Campbell, and if the Stars balk at Campbell, add Markstrom and a D like Oleksiak or Nemeth to the deal.

Kulikov is still the best player in the deal and Dallas has Lehtonen for 4 years at least and with some of their young guys really stepping it up, they can make this trade without blinking. Florida has the option of Glennie on RW where he probably fits in the NHL more. Campbell fills the hole they have in net.

Kulikov goes to a system designed for players like him and leans on a Gonchar for guidance with a young team on the upswing. Dallas is deep up the middle and won't miss Glennie when it's all said and done. It's a ten year trade for both teams. If they don't have Lehtonen, they don't do it. But they do.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Captain Awesome

Pretty sure including Oleksiak is a deal breaker, I think they'd be more open to trading Nemeth but I'm sure the stars are more looking to move out forwards. I don't know how the current regime feels about Jack Campbell at this time, but I doubt he gets a starting spot on dallas for at least another three years.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 07:30 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
If Colorado is in play and they want Kulikov, I start with Barrie and Mcginn and really where does that help Florida? I'm high on Barrie so it works for me but others think Barrie's stature physically, will always get in the way. I like McGinn too but when it all comes down to it, he's a secondary need player.

Florida if moving Kulikov needs to hit on the deal. Dallas seems like a perfect fit. Glennie and Campbell, and if the Stars balk at Campbell, add Markstrom and a D like Oleksiak or Nemeth to the deal.

Kulikov is still the best player in the deal and Dallas has Lehtonen for 4 years at least and with some of their young guys really stepping it up, they can make this trade without blinking. Florida has the option of Glennie on RW where he probably fits in the NHL more. Campbell fills the hole they have in net.

Kulikov goes to a system designed for players like him and leans on a Gonchar for guidance with a young team on the upswing. Dallas is deep up the middle and won't miss Glennie when it's all said and done. It's a ten year trade for both teams. If they don't have Lehtonen, they don't do it. But they do.
That does nothing for Florida. Why would we need Campbell when we have Markström? And Glennie is a bust.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 07:30 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Nevermind..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Pretty sure including Oleksiak is a deal breaker, I think they'd be more open to trading Nemeth but I'm sure the stars are more looking to move out forwards. I don't know how the current regime feels about Jack Campbell at this time, but I doubt he gets a starting spot on dallas for at least another three years.
Quite possibly on the Oleksiak portion. There's several different options that can be made. This type of deal can surround around Ritchie rather than Glennie too. What it comes down to for Florida is, they need to fill two spots. RW and Goaltender works. The Stars are a good trading partner. Detroit would be too but they have cap issues where Florida would have to take money back. Dallas would be a clean deal and they have the players to move that won't screw up their system.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
seancolorado

I can't see the video so I just take OP's word for it
http://www.***********/r/ColoradoAval...ell_apart_cbc/

seancolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
cgf

Quote:
Yeah, that's a trade that works for colorado. We could sub in Guenin, Sarich, Benoit or Holden, but I'd imagine between his age and game Wilson's the one who holds the most value *shrug*

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Morry83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Quite possibly on the Oleksiak portion. There's several different options that can be made. This type of deal can surround around Ritchie rather than Glennie too. What it comes down to for Florida is, they need to fill two spots. RW and Goaltender works. The Stars are a good trading partner. Detroit would be too but they have cap issues where Florida would have to take money back. Dallas would be a clean deal and they have the players to move that won't screw up their system.
Ritchie's going nowhere.

I think a Chiasson for Kulikov deal (with smaller pieces added as necessary), would be great for both teams.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Kulikov isn't worthless.
Gagner + Omark

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
Ritchie's going nowhere.

I think a Chiasson for Kulikov deal (with smaller pieces added as necessary), would be great for both teams.
I've been in Dallas quite a bit lately and have been watching this team regularly. Not sure I was really paying attention before as to the overall young depth and how good it is. Guys like Roussel are going to be really good in their rolls. I like Chiasson a lot too but if it came down to it, I'd move him in a deal.

Adding Kulikov with Dillon, Oleksiak, Goligoski, Connauton, Benn and Nemeth, adds a whole new dimension. That's not counting Daley or the older guys.

So from the Stars perspective, I'd think Chiasson would be in play in a Kulikov deal. The parameters might have to change a little but still very doable. I do think Glennie will be a RW in the league and not a C. At least not yet, which makes losing either guy long term, not a huge risk.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:26 PM
cgf

Quote:
So we can has Kuli now?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Myers888

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Nevermind..
What do the Panthers need? I imagine the Sabres would have interest in Kulikov and
Huberdeau.

Myers888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:44 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd do McGinn + Barrie (instead of Elliott + Wilson) but would want Shore instead of Matthias

"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:46 PM
TT1

kulikov for beaulieu

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:23 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
kulikov for beaulieu
why would florida downgrade to an unproven, yet very nice, prospect?

i mean, we cant just stockpile picks 24/7 and expect a change when everyone we bring in expect to produce at a high level to make us contend when they have no previous experience

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Tripod

How close is Kulikov and Mathias for Simmonds?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote