HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avalanche Recalls Guite/Richardson reassigned to Albany

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

vCash: 50
You are so superior to all of us, Ghost.

Hail to the king

Old
01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22's Ghost View Post
I don't really have the time or interest these days to argue such arguments.
Quote:
I can't justify spending so much time on what I consider elementary arguments.
Quote:
Frankly, it's too mundane a way to spend my time.
You know, for a guy who has no time or interest in putting up with rubes like us, you sure do spend a lot of time telling us about it.

Quote:
Frankly, few posters see what I see in a hockey game. I never used to understand that because if I could see it, I couldn't understand how others couldn't. It is what it is and I've accepted it now.
It must be a really sad, lonely world for you. I mean that sincerely. It must be tough on you to be so unmatched in your ability to analyze a hockey game.

Quote:
There's no accountability for the BS that comes out of a poster's mouth and I just don't respect that kind of behavior.
I know what you mean. Kind of like that poster who told us that Boychuk was "a lock" during camp. Where's the accountability?

Old
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
As stated above, look at Stastny's even strength time. Even if you want to use the average minutes for the year instead of just the past month's, it'll let you know how Q uses him. That should hopefully eliminate the "ice time equates to play" argument you were beginning. Q doesn't work like that. Stastny sees substantial minutes on specialty teams (I could try to make the argument that Stastny is a big part of one of the worst PK's in the league, but that would require me continuing the argument when you respond which I won't have the time or inclination to do).

And I'm not shocked that you don't see Stastny's shortcomings. Frankly, few posters see what I see in a hockey game. I never used to understand that because if I could see it, I couldn't understand how others couldn't. It is what it is and I've accepted it now. The names have changed over the years, but the arguments are generally the same. Skoula didn't used to suck in his own end, even when I pointed out his defensive shortcomings for years. A couple of years later, everyone's saying how bad the kid is defensively. But when I said it, I have KL babbling on about puck poise, turnover totals and his offensive output. It was all just me trying to slag the Avs. Same with Jeff Shantz and a number of other shoddy players the Avs have tried to put on the ice and tell everyone that that fecal aroma they smell isn't said player. Few seem to understand that I have issues with a number of players and have no problem saying so. Brewer is having the worst season I've seen from a supposed top 4 D in a decade. And the Blues board is going to tell me the same thing; I didn't see it so it's not true. Just like you said one season about Tanguay. And where's the person that called Vaananen a poor man's Foote? Or the asinine Oilers fan that tried to BS his way through MA Bergeron's major defensive shortcomings by providing offensive totals? Or the people that tried to explain how a rookie forward has it just as hard, if not harder, than a rookie defenseman playing top four on a so-so Predators team? There's no accountability for the BS that comes out of a poster's mouth and I just don't respect that kind of behavior.

Frankly, it's too mundane a way to spend my time. I left HF because of a major disagreement with some fools in "power", but it was easy to leave behind because there's nothing of value to argue any more. I speak from a position of good knowledge, analyzing the subtle things I see, and I argue based on that. The problem with that is most everybody counters that by saying they didn't see that so it must not be true. From there, my recourse inevitably becomes pointing out game by game what the subtle things are. I'm not a babysitter and far too often, it ended up being like that. I don't miss that at all.

You, sir, are a modern-day treasure.

Old
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Thread closed as it went quite off what it was meant to be.

Closed Thread