HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ lolGMGM - 7 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
I think you missed my point. I want the team to be tough, I want the team to hit, I just get sick of seeing fights after clean hits leaguewide, and I'm not alone. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek about the fact that the Predators won't stick up for each other. It would have been the ultimate irony to do so after a good, hard, clean and responsible hit from the opponet.

While I love skilled hockey, I think our passiveness and our extreme conversative defensive style have made us too soft and easy to play against. I want speed, I want them to hit, I want their forecheck to be relentless, and I want them to finish every single check they can. We haven't seen that in a long, long time. I don't know if it's coaching or player makeup, but when Fisher is your most constant physical player, you've got a problem. Weber hasn't even been physical enough for 2 years. I think he's too worried about his defensive partner to take the chance to make a hit. That's getting old.
I don't want our team to hit, that means we don't have the freaking puck on our stick blade

Old
12-08-2013, 11:37 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...e-thoughts-10/

Does it seem like whenever we go with an "emotional lineup" filled with supposed grinders and good defenders, we always end up giving up 4-5 goals?
I mean this is truly absurd.

I supported Trotz and Poile when they stuck by their principles and scratched Kostitsyn and Radulov in the playoffs a couple years ago, and even when they chose to go with the same lineup for the next game. But this worship of emotional grinders is getting insane. 1) It's stupid and 2) More importantly, it DOESN'T WORK.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:47 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
I think you missed my point. I want the team to be tough, I want the team to hit, I just get sick of seeing fights after clean hits leaguewide, and I'm not alone. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek about the fact that the Predators won't stick up for each other. It would have been the ultimate irony to do so after a good, hard, clean and responsible hit from the opponet.

While I love skilled hockey, I think our passiveness and our extreme conversative defensive style have made us too soft and easy to play against. I want speed, I want them to hit, I want their forecheck to be relentless, and I want them to finish every single check they can. We haven't seen that in a long, long time. I don't know if it's coaching or player makeup, but when Fisher is your most constant physical player, you've got a problem. Weber hasn't even been physical enough for 2 years. I think he's too worried about his defensive partner to take the chance to make a hit. That's getting old.
Hockey is what it is. You nail a guy late in the game it should cause a scrum.

You think Chi would stand around like a bunch of worthless vaginas if Kane got hit like that?

Atleast go check on your teamate while he is laying with his face in the ice and help him off instead of standing there looking around jerking sticks.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Hockey is what it is. You nail a guy late in the game it should cause a scrum.

You think Chi would stand around like a bunch of worthless vaginas if Kane got hit like that?

Atleast go check on your teamate while he is laying with his face in the ice and help him off instead of standing there looking around jerking sticks.
DAAAAAMN son.

My thoughts exactly

Old
12-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Well that was a boondoggle of a game. We spent most of the time drinking copiously and checking the Auburn / Mizzou and OSU / MSU scores. Caps fans were pretty dickish to us; one guy three rows back kept yelling "LEAN BACK WEBER" when every single person in the stadium is leaning forward to see in the upper deck. This group of like 18 year old to me left just kept yelling "WOOOO" in my ear from two feet away the ENTIRE GAME; girlfriend forced me to switch seats because I likely was about 2 minutes from throwing a punch.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

From the boxscore, I'm glad I was stuck at work.

Old
12-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
girlfriend forced me to switch seats because I likely was about 2 minutes from throwing a punch.
Grit, Sandpaper and Entertainment Tax down on the ice would have watched you take a beating too.

Old
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Who gives a crap if it was a legal hit. You think any other team would stand there if one of their top players got leveled.
So we are ok now with Preds players just standing around while are players get leveled late in the third down by 3 goals??? Wow!
FYI, if you noticed at the end of the game when we were on the PK, Gaustad did go have a word with Brouwer and he skated away and the refs got in between them so nothing escalated. I do agree that no one going over to him to see if he was alright was down right wrong and I have no idea what's up with these guys. They don't seem to give a poop about one another. It's sad to see actually.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
weeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Sure am glad the Preds passed pn Mikhail Grabovski. Even if it wouldn't have cost a thing. At least we have Nystrom and Hendricks!
I was screaming to pick him up from waivers! Not saying we would be in a playoff spot but he would be someone to build off of that can score.

Closed Thread