HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils at Rangers 12/7/13

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
  #351
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Not going to lie, that is a core I would build around...

Keep both Goaltenders

Dump Nash for an actual goal scorer, not his finesse "I'm a power forward" ********. Drop all the dead weight in Boyle, Pyatt, Pouliot, etc. Trade Girardi and Callahan at the deadline for some of these assets. Pull up ONE to THREE players from the farm in Miller, McIlrath, possible Kristo. Evaluate the currently employed defensive roster and see who fits, and who does not (as much as I hate MDZ, it's possible he can work, where as guys like Staal need to go... That point blank pass he missed yesterday was just garbage. That could have and should have been an early 3rd period go ahead goal)

Acquire some working pieces for a system AV wants to implement, and then start up again.

In all honesty, it's not a MASSIVE rebuild. Just a re-tooling

I would keep nash unless someone offers the world for him. I understand he can have stretches when he doesnt do much like last night but when he is on his game he is un stoppable. We need another top 6 scorer badly. I like kristo but after watching a lot of hartford games his defense is really bad still even wors ethan kreider was when he first came in. Hopefully Mcilrath comes up this year although i still dont know how good of a defensemen he will be

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:23 PM
  #352
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
My 2 cents on this, is that AV actually try to get his team to play hockey, fun ,entertaining and skilled hockey. And that is very hard to do on Garden slush ice surface.
I still don't get that. A bazillion dollar, multi-year renovation....yet they didn't do anything to attempt to make the ice surface better for games?

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
  #353
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
I still don't get that. A bazillion dollar, multi-year renovation....yet they didn't do anything to attempt to make the ice surface better for games?
Lord, the entire system was torn out and replaced with a brand new one. The technology is just not good enough for an arena this busy. Ice sucks everywhere. The only places it's passable are where there are no NBA teams or concert schedules to screw everything up.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
  #354
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Lord, the entire system was torn out and replaced with a brand new one. The technology is just not good enough for an arena this busy. Ice sucks everywhere. The only places it's passable are where there are no NBA teams or concert schedules to screw everything up.
Maybe the key is the flooring put over the ice, then. There has to be a way to make it better.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:47 PM
  #355
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I think Torts did the best that could have been done with the team as constructed. If he didn't push them as hard as he did and play that horrible system, we never make it to the ECF. It was ugly.

But this team (still) does not have thr RIGHT players.

AV has a different style but it doesn't matter. We do not have the right combination of players in the required positions to win enough to get us there.

What we have is a mish-mosh of talented and semi-talented players who as individuals are mostly good players in their own right, plus a few hacks, and borderline NHLers.

There is no cohesion. Players we have for the most part do not compliment each other in game play.

This is the problem with Sather's organization. We look for good players instead of the RIGHT players.
Sather makes it up as he goes along. In 18 months he

-gutted the middle of the lineup for Nash
-traded Gaborik to get some depth back
-fired the coach
-Hired a new coach/new system

Decisions are made in a vacuum. At no time did any Ranger coaches have a roster that was capable of a championship. I think that '11-12 team went as far as they were possibly capable of, but it leaves a lot of fans wanting more -- thinking a tweak here or there puts us over the top.

Meanwhile, Sather is the guy that goes to fix a leak while 2 more leaks open up across the room.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
  #356
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Sean Hartnett ‏@HartnettHockey 15m

A trusted source observed #NJDevils head coach Pete DeBoer referring to #NYR goalie Henrik Lundqvist: "8 million goalie... my ass."
DeBoer is right, Lundqvist isn't an 8 million dollar goalie. He is an $8.5 million dollar goalie. Stupid DeBoer.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:08 PM
  #357
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I would keep nash unless someone offers the world for him. I understand he can have stretches when he doesnt do much like last night but when he is on his game he is un stoppable. We need another top 6 scorer badly. I like kristo but after watching a lot of hartford games his defense is really bad still even wors ethan kreider was when he first came in. Hopefully Mcilrath comes up this year although i still dont know how good of a defensemen he will be
I am OK with trading Nash for a guy that can easily (and I mean on a quick time table) score 25-40 goals... Obviously the package would have to be huge. It would probably end up being a 3 way trade to get those pieces, but you understand my point.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
  #358
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I am OK with trading Nash for a guy that can easily (and I mean on a quick time table) score 25-40 goals... Obviously the package would have to be huge. It would probably end up being a 3 way trade to get those pieces, but you understand my point.
Nash can score 30-40 goals. Whats the point?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:17 PM
  #359
McD27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Maybe the key is the flooring put over the ice, then. There has to be a way to make it better.
Now we are blaming the ice for the team's poor play? Isn't the ice equally bad for our opponents?

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
  #360
CheeseTortorella
Registered User
 
CheeseTortorella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Sucks we couldn't get the win, but a point is better than no point.

J. Moore made a huge mistake, and with Staal being out, it'll be tough to scratch him.

CheeseTortorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
  #361
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Now we are blaming the ice for the team's poor play? Isn't the ice equally bad for our opponents?
Exactly this.

And the Rangers play 41 games per year or more on our crappy ice. Shouldn't they be used to it? It should be an advantage.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
  #362
Bulls9220
Registered User
 
Bulls9220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
one of the most embarrassing threads ive seen....

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
  #363
laurenmiller24
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
lolol i have never read such ridiculous posts in my life. trade cally. trade girardi. trade hank. lol what a joke.

laurenmiller24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
  #364
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I am OK with trading Nash for a guy that can easily (and I mean on a quick time table) score 25-40 goals... Obviously the package would have to be huge. It would probably end up being a 3 way trade to get those pieces, but you understand my point.
wait what?

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:17 PM
  #365
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmiller24 View Post
lolol i have never read such ridiculous posts in my life. trade cally. trade girardi. trade hank. lol what a joke.

Whats ridiculous about trading Callahan or Girardi?

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.