HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mtl-Phi fantasy proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2007, 02:26 AM
  #26
fredez
Registered User
 
fredez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
I have yet to see a mega multi player deal under Gainey.

PS.: I hope you never become GM of the Habs.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 05:14 AM
  #27
THECHFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Philly will possibly accept the deal ...

The chance to grab a goltender like carey price in the next draft of with a trade and to nhl ready witthin 2 years is very small...

And to be honnest latendresse and carter right now... Its hard to choose!

THECHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 07:39 AM
  #28
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Latendresse has the tools to become a power forward but he'll have to work for it. He'll be a good player. I said he was a project since we want him to be the power forward we're waiting for since a lot of time. He's a John LeClair project if you find it easier to understand. That's not bad at all. He's just not a special talent.

BTW, I should know you were going to react that way since Jesus Latendresse and Carey Brodeur are include in the deal. IMO, there's no doubt that Pitkanen is the best player right now and also probably for the future.

You might not like it. But the ones who say it's a dumb proposal are the ones who overrate our players in a ridiculous way.


The one who made this proposal has no clue about the game of hockey. Carter had a decent rookie season but is one of the main reasons the Flyers are where they are this season. As for Pitkanen he is a good dman who is having a bad year. He is way in the minus and has not even been able to score a goal yet.

We would be giving up the guy that just won the MVP of the world juniors and will likely be the number one here in 3 or 4 years. We lose the power forward that we have wanted for so long who to boot is a french quebecer which makes so many people happy. Add to that the 1st round pick which is so important these days with the cap and I do not see how you can say this is a good deal.

The second deal is also a problem as you give up tons of youth for a guy that will be an UFA at the end of the current season. How does this help us?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
  #29
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Latendresse is not a project, projects don't developp this quickly and become quality NHL players at 19 years old. I also like how you mention Pitkanen as a "better overrall" defencemen then Souray, which is a ridiculous notion. Pitkanen is weaker in every single aspect of hockey outside of stickhandling.

Ridiculous super trades back to back involving 10 players in total in the span of 2 weeks never happen and will never happen with Gainey. Especially when it makes the team weaker both at the present moment and for the future. Give it up already, you're proposals are always out of touch with reality and always involve Souray and Ryder.

Do you even realize in your proposals you successfully dump a 3 LWs to then trade Souray for a LW.
I have 4 questions for you...

1-Why not put me on your ignore list?

2-When you see perezhogin_19 and proposal, why don't you just avoid the thread?

3-I know it's hard to understand, but do you realize that in "fantasy proposal", there's also the word "FANTASY". (I even said myself that it would never happen)

4-What's your point now?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 11:33 AM
  #30
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
I have 4 questions for you...

1-Why not put me on your ignore list?

2-When you see perezhogin_19 and proposal, why don't you just avoid the thread?

3-I know it's hard to understand, but do you realize that in "fantasy proposal", there's also the word "FANTASY". (I even said myself that it would never happen)

4-What's your point now?
tHEN WHY WASTE UR TIME AND EVERONE ELSES???

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 12:47 PM
  #31
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post


tHEN WHY WASTE UR TIME AND EVERONE ELSES???
Fantasy proposal or proposal mean the same thing at the end. It will likely never happen. I was just waiting for some opinions. There was no need for that much bashing saying I was destroying the team.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:17 PM
  #32
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Fantasy proposal or proposal mean the same thing at the end. It will likely never happen. I was just waiting for some opinions. There was no need for that much bashing saying I was destroying the team.
Fantasy proposal doesnt mean you can shove any kind of weird ideas in our face. What did you expect as a response? If you make threads with outlandish proposals you can expect that kind of response. This is hockey forum where people have some kind of knowledge about the subjec. The more outlandish the proposal the more intense the replies will be. Just stop it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:44 PM
  #33
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Fantasy proposal doesnt mean you can shove any kind of weird ideas in our face. What did you expect as a response? If you make threads with outlandish proposals you can expect that kind of response. This is hockey forum where people have some kind of knowledge about the subjec. The more outlandish the proposal the more intense the replies will be. Just stop it.
So what?

Pitkanen is already proven and Carter has a great rookie season. He's in a slump right now but I think that most of the habs players would be playing that way with the Flyers.

Latendresse is a quebecer and a lot of us expect him to be THE power forward. The fact is that he could also turn out to be a bust. He's playing well right now and his value is higher than his worth. I like the guy so don't take it as bashing.

Price seems to have Brodeur value right now for us. I agree that it was kind of stupid to put him in a deal 'cause with the WJC, we're blind when we talk about him. The fact is that he just prove he has a lot of potential. We all knew it. I would like to know what's more stupid between my proposal or the fact that 80% of people on these boards argue that he will be a top goalie in the NHL. Come on! We don't even have a clue.

The 1st rounder and O'Byrne are just throw in when you think about the players include.

I can understand your point to want to keep Lats and Price. However, you should accept the fact that I would prefer to have Pitkanen and Carter.

The reactions I get are just ridiculous. You have near 9000 posts boy and you're a habs fans. I thought you should know what is a bad proposal.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
  #34
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
So what?

Pitkanen is already proven and Carter has a great rookie season. He's in a slump right now but I think that most of the habs players would be playing that way with the Flyers.

Latendresse is a quebecer and a lot of us expect him to be THE power forward. The fact is that he could also turn out to be a bust. He's playing well right now and his value is higher than his worth. I like the guy so don't take it as bashing.

Price seems to have Brodeur value right now for us. I agree that it was kind of stupid to put him in a deal 'cause with the WJC, we're blind when we talk about him. The fact is that he just prove he has a lot of potential. We all knew it. I would like to know what's more stupid between my proposal or the fact that 80% of people on these boards argue that he will be a top goalie in the NHL. Come on! We don't even have a clue.

The 1st rounder and O'Byrne are just throw in when you think about the players include.

I can understand your point to want to keep Lats and Price. However, you should accept the fact that I would prefer to have Pitkanen and Carter.

The reactions I get are just ridiculous. You have near 9000 posts boy and you're a habs fans. I thought you should know what is a bad proposal.

Then why trade him if you dont have a clue? Since you used the name of Brodeur... Imagine NJ trading Brodeur in a package for a decent D(not a great D) before he even played on NHL game. How can you justify that?

You're trading the TOP2 prospects in the organization. 2 guys that have at least 7 years before they become UFA. 2 guys that will be relativly cheap salary wise over the next few years.

And when a 1st round pick and O'Byrne are just throw ins....GET a clue lol.

This is probably a joke account or something so I'll stop arguing with you. It's fun arguing whit someone when they make a bit of sense. But its impossible to argue when things make no sense.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
  #35
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Then why trade him if you dont have a clue? Since you used the name of Brodeur... Imagine NJ trading Brodeur in a package for a decent D(not a great D) before he even played on NHL game. How can you justify that?

You're trading the TOP2 prospects in the organization. 2 guys that have at least 7 years before they become UFA. 2 guys that will be relativly cheap salary wise over the next few years.

And when a 1st round pick and O'Byrne are just throw ins....GET a clue lol.

This is probably a joke account or something so I'll stop arguing with you. It's fun arguing whit someone when they make a bit of sense. But its impossible to argue when things make no sense.
It's hard to argue with someone who can't understand or at least who doesn't want to understand.

A late 1st round pick and a future 5-6th d-man are "throw in" when you compare them to the quality of the four other players.

I'm trading two great prospects but we get a d-man who will likely battle for the Norris year after year for years to come.

Carter vs Latendresse is just a question of opinion. Latendresse could be the power forward we need and Carter could be the center we need.

IMO, we will likely win a Stanley Cup in the next 10 years. Such a deal would just give us a chance to win it before.

BTW, I was talking about Brodeur since we overrate Price right now. I will gladly keep Price and Lats. However, I would prefer to have Pitkanen and Carter.

I don't see why you can't understand that. I'm not saying we should do such a trade. It's my opinion.

If you want to continue to argue, you will do it alone. I think we can agree on one thing. You think I have no clue and I think you have no clue.

That's fine with me.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM
  #36
Ghostki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
You're right tho. We'll prolly win the cup within 10 years, but i think Price and Latendresse would contribute more to us in that sense than Carter and Pitkanen would. Why trade a possible franchise goalie when everyone is looking for one. What if Halak doesn't translate? What if Danis doesn't. Then, it might take us that 10 years to win. Price is going nowhere and so is Latendresse. BG knows alot better than any of us. That's my opinion.

Ghostki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 04:09 PM
  #37
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
It's hard to argue with someone who can't understand or at least who doesn't want to understand.

A late 1st round pick and a future 5-6th d-man are "throw in" when you compare them to the quality of the four other players.

I'm trading two great prospects but we get a d-man who will likely battle for the Norris year after year for years to come.

Carter vs Latendresse is just a question of opinion. Latendresse could be the power forward we need and Carter could be the center we need.

IMO, we will likely win a Stanley Cup in the next 10 years. Such a deal would just give us a chance to win it before.

BTW, I was talking about Brodeur since we overrate Price right now. I will gladly keep Price and Lats. However, I would prefer to have Pitkanen and Carter.

I don't see why you can't understand that. I'm not saying we should do such a trade. It's my opinion.

If you want to continue to argue, you will do it alone. I think we can agree on one thing. You think I have no clue and I think you have no clue.

That's fine with me.

I think that you're just giving to much!

Price, Chipchura, O'Byrne, another first rounders and Latendresse are our tops prospect!

Me too I would like Carter but not at this price...

Here my proposal...

Grabovski, Ryder, Aebischer for Carter and a Pick

But still it's hard to tell because we are no GM.. So we don't know which players are availables or how to deal....

But IMO this trade can be good for both team!

The ryder trade give the place to insert Kostitsyn
Grabovski is great prospect so he can interest the flyers
Aebischer can be good for Philly..
Carter can be our second center and be good with Kovy!

But like you said it yourself.. it's just fantasy.. just for fun... and never going to happens!

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.