HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrew MacDonald to Washington

Old
12-08-2013, 03:57 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Andrew MacDonald to Washington

His contract expires this summer. What would it take to get him to DC?

Dmitry Orlov, Martin Erat, picks, Troy Brouwer are probably the obvious pieces on the table. Not all of them though.

Orlov + 3rd?

Keep in mind MacDonald is a rental.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 05:36 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
His contract expires this summer. What would it take to get him to DC?

Dmitry Orlov, Martin Erat, picks, Troy Brouwer are probably the obvious pieces on the table. Not all of them though.

Orlov + 3rd?

Keep in mind MacDonald is a rental.
There is plenty of disagreement on the isles board over giving MacDonald an extension. He has choosen a heck of a time to struggle( looking for an extension).

The Newsday speculation is that Snow wants to get a deal done and it will likely take around $3.5m per.

I have read there is a stipulation in Orlov's contract ,that he must be on the nhl roster for 30 days or he can go play in the KHL.

At this point, I would rather see McDonald extended at that $3.5m per. I am leery of losing players to the KHL ,after that nonsense with Viz coming out of the lockout.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 07:23 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There is plenty of disagreement on the isles board over giving MacDonald an extension. He has choosen a heck of a time to struggle( looking for an extension).

The Newsday speculation is that Snow wants to get a deal done and it will likely take around $3.5m per.

I have read there is a stipulation in Orlov's contract ,that he must be on the nhl roster for 30 days or he can go play in the KHL.

At this point, I would rather see McDonald extended at that $3.5m per. I am leery of losing players to the KHL ,after that nonsense with Viz coming out of the lockout.
Orlov's been up in the NHL for what, 25 days already. So if he spends 5 more until Jan. 1, he will not be eligible to return. He's RFA next summer though. But he remains committed to playing in the NHL. Both he and his agent point it out in every interview.

What if Caps go all-in this year...
Brouwer, Burakovsky/1st rd for Vanek and MacDonald?

Last edited by fedfed: 12-08-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old
12-08-2013, 07:57 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Orlov's been up in the NHL for what, 25 days already. So if he spends 5 more until Jan. 1, he will not be eligible to return. He's RFA next summer though. But he remains committed to playing in the NHL. Both he and his agent point it out in every interview.

What if Caps go all-in this year...
Brouwer, Burakovsky/1st rd for Vanek and MacDonald?
That offer is even worse.

Isles imo will have a very young blueline next season. I expect two of Reinhart/De Haan/Pulock/Donovan to stick. So, adding a quality top 4 will be a must.

Isles have Strome and Lee playing well as AHL rookies.
No need to trade for more forwards.Especially when the blueline badly needs an upgrade.

Old
12-08-2013, 09:14 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Erskine!

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Sparksrus3

We traded niinimaa for him 1000 years ago then let him walk. I thought erskine would be our next cairns but it never happened. Now we have Carkner.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:53 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

I really like Brouwer.

Brouwer, 2nd this year, 1st next year

for Vanek and Amac.

Garth gets another 1st in '15 to make the decision to defer easier. Get some more grit in the top-six with Brouwer.

Crew, I don't see us getting the type of Dman you would want in the Vanek deal. No playoff team will give up an established top-4, and we don't need anymore top D prospects. IMO Brouwer and a '15 first would be a very good centerpiece for a deal.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 02:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I really like Brouwer.

Brouwer, 2nd this year, 1st next year

for Vanek and Amac.

Garth gets another 1st in '15 to make the decision to defer easier. Get some more grit in the top-six with Brouwer.

Crew, I don't see us getting the type of Dman you would want in the Vanek deal. No playoff team will give up an established top-4, and we don't need anymore top D prospects. IMO Brouwer and a '15 first would be a very good centerpiece for a deal.
Snow went into last summer with huge question marks in his top 4 and goaltending. His two big trades have been adding Clutterbuck and Vanek.

So, he should trade MacDonald + Vanek, his two biggest trade chips and again not address his biggest need?

What is the plan? Count on 20 yr old rookies Reinhart and Pulock for top 4 roles, they have not earned and likely are not ready for?

I see some teams struggling with scoring like Vancouver and Nashville and see potential trade partners if Vanek is moved.

Old
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Snow went into last summer with huge question marks in his top 4 and goaltending. His two big trades have been adding Clutterbuck and Vanek.

So, he should trade MacDonald + Vanek, his two biggest trade chips and again not address his biggest need?

What is the plan? Count on 20 yr old rookies Reinhart and Pulock for top 4 roles, they have not earned and likely are not ready for?

I see some teams struggling with scoring like Vancouver and Nashville and see potential trade partners if Vanek is moved.
Well, if you can find a team willing to move a top-4, sign me up. I just don't see it.

Aside from that, I don't think our D is as far away as you might think. Just from adding deHaan alone you could see a difference. I'd imagine that adding Vis, Strait and Reinhart will make it at least respectable. I understand you might have doubts about Griff, but I see him as a pretty safe bet to play at a #4 level right out of the gate.

I'm honestly more worried about how thin we will be up front. We have a lot of talent coming up defensively. Not so much offensively.

Old
12-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

The Capitals should have no interest in paying for Vanek. They're not a contender this year, and even if McPhee's deluded himself into thinking otherwise it would be out of character for him to go after such an expensive rental.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Well, if you can find a team willing to move a top-4, sign me up. I just don't see it.

Aside from that, I don't think our D is as far away as you might think. Just from adding deHaan alone you could see a difference. I'd imagine that adding Vis, Strait and Reinhart will make it at least respectable. I understand you might have doubts about Griff, but I see him as a pretty safe bet to play at a #4 level right out of the gate.

I'm honestly more worried about how thin we will be up front. We have a lot of talent coming up defensively. Not so much offensively.

Snow gambled this yr on contributions from rookies. I would rather not see him again making trades that do not address the isles biggest needs.

Old
12-08-2013, 06:43 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
The Capitals should have no interest in paying for Vanek. They're not a contender this year, and even if McPhee's deluded himself into thinking otherwise it would be out of character for him to go after such an expensive rental.
I agree, not a GMGM type of move. But the one that would definitely be fun to see.

Old
12-08-2013, 08:45 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Any interest in Neuvirth?

Old
12-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Any interest in Neuvirth?
Nope.

12-08-2013, 09:33 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Snow gambled this yr on contributions from rookies. I would rather not see him again making trades that do not address the isles biggest needs.
He really didn't though. Donovan was the only one expected to be a regular. Nelson never really had a guaranteed spot. When he has played though he's looked like one of our better forwards.

Either way, Strome and Reinhart aren't your average prospects. Reinhart specifically is miles ahead of Donovan defensively. He completely outplayed him in camp as a 19 year old. Can't imagine how good he'll look at 20.