HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons 2013/14

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2013, 03:47 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Brossoit stops 36 of 37 shots. Kid had a good night, and hope he can build on it. It should give him some confidence, and hopefully he looks less shaky from here on out.

Horak didn't have a point, but he was in the starting lineup for the opening face-off as the centre, and he still has 5 points in 5 games so far.

Congrats to Ewanyk on his first 2 pro goals. Fedun had a hell of a night with a goal, 2 assists and a +2. Lander with 2 goals and a +1.

Pretty good night for the Barons and many of our young prospects. Too bad Klef missed this one.

Last edited by KarmaPolice: 11-22-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old
11-22-2013, 09:45 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Brossoit stops 36 of 37 shots. Kid had a good night, and hope he can build on it. It should give him some confidence, and hopefully he looks less shaky from here on out.

Horak didn't have a point, but he was in the starting lineup for the opening face-off as the centre, and he still has 5 points in 5 games so far.

Congrats to Ewanyk on his for 2 pro goals. Fedun had a hell of a night with a goal, 2 assists and a +2. Lander with 2 goals and a +1.

Pretty good night for the Barons and many of our young prospects. Too bad Klef missed this one.
i saw that he wasn't in the lineup... does anybody know why?

somewhat concerning if he is getting healthy scratched

edit: i see that they are rotating defensive pairs because we have too many dmen in the organization.... que the obligatory "holy crap, we have a lot of defenceman!" quote, lol.... yuo'd think that maybe we should send a couple guys down to the ECHL so they can at least get some mondo minutes.... not sure what sitting in the PB does to help advance a 20-21 year old dmans game?

Old
11-22-2013, 10:10 AM
LTIR

vCash: 300
Assuming Musil\Gernat and Grebeshkov are part of the rotation, I just dont see the point of sitting Klefa out for one of these 3. Grebs will not be part of the organization after this season and the other 2 can be playing big minutes in ECHL.

Klefbom is a top prospect and shouldnt be sitting out unless they play 3 games in 3 nights.

Old
11-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Assuming Musil\Gernat and Grebeshkov are part of the rotation, I just dont see the point of sitting Klefa out for one of these 3. Grebs will not be part of the organization after this season and the other 2 can be playing big minutes in ECHL.

Klefbom is a top prospect and shouldnt be sitting out unless they play 3 games in 3 nights.
Agreed unless he's nursing an injury. We need guys like Marincin, Klefbom and Fedun playing every night.

11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Agreed unless he's nursing an injury. We need guys like Marincin, Klefbom and Fedun playing every night.
Klefbom was back in last game, got an assist and +1 in the loss with a penalty for interference. Hopefully that means he wasn't injured (and isn't playing injured), and was just scratched. Good that he's back in!

Old
11-24-2013, 04:18 PM
vb

How has Kessy looked?

Rieder numbers look great.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:08 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb View Post
How has Kessy looked?
I heard coach Nelson saying yesterday that he was sent down because the Barons got healthy. He said Kessy thinks the game better than most people expect. Was happy with his play.

Labarbera is playing very well in his first AHL start for more than five years. Barons getting out shot 30-17 in the second. Eager just went down with a suspected shoulder injury. Decent stream up on firstrow for anyone interested. 1-0 Stars atm.

Old
11-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Seanzie888

Can anyone tell me what the Barons' line-up looks like these days? I'm wondering who's playing with who and how they're doing as coverage of the team has been lacking of late.

Thanks!

Old
11-28-2013, 06:58 PM
OilBuoy

Lines from last night:

Omark-Lander-Miller
R.Hamilton-Horak-Ford
C.Hamilton-Martindale-Nesbitt
Eager-Ewanyk-Stretch

Marincin-Fedun
Klefbom-Hunt
Davidson-Gernat

Labarbera
Brossoit

Scratches: MacIntyre, Musil

Old
11-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Seanzie888

Thank you!

Old
11-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Seanzie888

I'm impressed that they are running such a young D-core. All of them recent draft picks of the organization. How have they been thus far?

Old
11-29-2013, 02:35 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by udontnohockey View Post
Lines from last night:

Omark-Lander-Miller
R.Hamilton-Horak-Ford
C.Hamilton-Martindale-Nesbitt
Eager-Ewanyk-Stretch

Marincin-Fedun
Klefbom-Hunt
Davidson-Gernat

Labarbera
Brossoit

Scratches: MacIntyre, Musil
Whoa! Curtis Hamilton and Martindale are back from Mystery Injury Land?

Old
11-29-2013, 06:31 AM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Whoa! Curtis Hamilton and Martindale are back from Mystery Injury Land?
Those two visit there way too frequently. I had high hope for Hamilton.

Old
11-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Auguste Escoffier

I think we all did; his size, making team Canada and being rated as a late first to early second round pick.

I wonder if the Oilers even bother qualifying him after this year. Not to mention Martindale and Abney.

Old
11-29-2013, 10:11 AM
MoneyGuy

wrong thread

Old
11-30-2013, 11:17 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Man Lander scores again. He's really turned a corner this season.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NHL next year unless we go out and sign a really good experienced and mean 4th line center.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post

I'm a little behind here but Nelson told Stauffer on Oilers now that he rolls out D pairings every game. So they play 3 games and then sit one. This was a few weeks ago.

Old
12-02-2013, 06:22 PM
VayaConDios

Ty Rimmer gets the callup to OKC, good for Bunz as he can play lots of games in bakersfield. Brossoit will also have a good opportunity.

Old
12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Oh how is Brossoit doing...

...oh

OH DEAR LORD.

(I'm sure he'll be fine, it's early)

Old
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
jadeddog

for people who actually watch the OKC games, is klefbom as bad as his stats indicate? he is a team worst -12 (next guy is -8).... he is also an offensive BLACK HOLE OF SUCK.... 2 assists and 11 shots through 21 games played! yikes, that is absolutely terrible!

if he is playing anywhere near what his stats indicate, you can chalk this player up as (yet another) draft bust who was hyped way, way, way more than he should have been given the on-ice results he had in the SEL

Old
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
VayaConDios

Its his debut season in North America after many injuries. Give him a break and stats dont tell the full story.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Delicious Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
for people who actually watch the OKC games, is klefbom as bad as his stats indicate? he is a team worst -12 (next guy is -8).... he is also an offensive BLACK HOLE OF SUCK.... 2 assists and 11 shots through 21 games played! yikes, that is absolutely terrible!

if he is playing anywhere near what his stats indicate, you can chalk this player up as (yet another) draft bust who was hyped way, way, way more than he should have been given the on-ice results he had in the SEL
It often takes a couple years after a serious injury for players to return to form. No need to jump the gun on calling him a bust. First year in NA is probably an adjustment too.

Old
12-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post

Willis: Klefbom has generally played quite well. He skates well, engages physically and moves the puck exceptionally for a defensive defenceman. The problem is that hes still awfully raw. He doesnt think the game like an NHL defenceman; hell get there but he needs time. How much time? At this point Id pencil him in for third pairing minutes in the NHL next season and leave him with Todd Nelson for the rest of this year. Hes killing penalties and learning both sides of the ice in Oklahoma; its better for him to make those mistakes down here than at the NHL level where its going to cost the team and open the player up to high levels of criticism.

Old
12-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
It often takes a couple years after a serious injury for players to return to form. No need to jump the gun on calling him a bust. First year in NA is probably an adjustment too.

How many players are this bad in their first year in North America and ever amount to anything resembling an impact NHLer?

Its an honest question because I don't know the answer. But I can't imagine there are many. I read a guy like Willis who says he doesn't think like an NHL d-man... well thats a big ****ing concern right there.

Calling a player raw. Is just a good way to try and not call them bad.

Old
12-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

AHL dmen probably shouldn't look like NHL dmen

Closed Thread