HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Oilers totally Oilers themselves. 2-1 Flames.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  #201
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I'll say it again.

This team will not win unless they stumble upon a #1 Defenceman for free, or the trade 2 of Gagner, Eberle, or Yak for D help and some high end size and veteran grit upfront.

Oh and hires a real coach.

Honestly, can anyone with a straight face tell me Arcobello isn't better overall than Gagner? He's smarter with the puck, has good defensive zone coverage, and creates offense when playing with offensive players. He hits, he's better on the face off, falls down less. Outside of his shot, I don't see much Gagner is actually better than. If we were smart we'd ship Gagner for some damn defensive help and let Arcobello slide in his spot.
i'm pretty sure 90% of the oilers fanbase agrees with you, the problem is finding another GM to take gagner and give us a dman in return... not likely to be honest

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:14 PM
  #202
okgooil
Registered User
 
okgooil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 12,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssistantCaptain View Post
Hey Bryanbryoil,
You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."

...


In the post-game interview David Perron was asked what the difference is between st.Louis and Edmonton. He said the oilers are still trying to adjust to Eakins' system, which is, playing a 200' game. He also stated that its easy for him to adapt because that's what he was taught in stl and the young guys are still in the learning phase.
After hearing that, I'd have to say it has rejuvenated my patience because Eakins is introducing a system I can agree with and I can forgive their poor record since they are still in the learning phase. Thoughts?
I agree. I am in the patient camp. I think every one who wants to change everything has to realize at some point you have to work with what you have. I believe in Eakins and Mac T. I think they both have a plan, I just think they hoped there would be less bumps along the way. However, no reason to change course.

Many will say I am a blinded by my oil loyalty, but whatever, Eakins and Mac T aren't going any where. So I guess we can just wait and find out. When we are a Contender next year... We can see who gets the last laugh.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:21 PM
  #203
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I agree. I am in the patient camp. I think every one who wants to change everything has to realize at some point you have to work with what you have. I believe in Eakins and Mac T. I think they both have a plan, I just think they hoped there would be less bumps along the way. However, no reason to change course.

Many will say I am a blinded by my oil loyalty, but whatever, Eakins and Mac T aren't going any where. So I guess we can just wait and find out. When we are a Contender next year... We can see who gets the last laugh.
Having RNH and Gagner as our top 2 centers in a recipe for disaster. How didnt trade Gagner this summer I don't know but as long as we have those two anchoring our top two center positions were bound to suck. Also need to greatly improve the defence.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:24 PM
  #204
DeathbyCheerios
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I agree. I am in the patient camp. I think every one who wants to change everything has to realize at some point you have to work with what you have. I believe in Eakins and Mac T. I think they both have a plan, I just think they hoped there would be less bumps along the way. However, no reason to change course.

Many will say I am a blinded by my oil loyalty, but whatever, Eakins and Mac T aren't going any where. So I guess we can just wait and find out. When we are a Contender next year... We can see who gets the last laugh.
I have patience because when we are on, my god is it glorious to watch. We destroyed that Avalanche who has been one of the top teams in the west. We made Varlamov look like Lolbarabera.

If our young guys smarten up and play as they should and we get a couple good defenseman and at least average goaltending every night... We will be scary

DeathbyCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:25 PM
  #205
okgooil
Registered User
 
okgooil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 12,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Having RNH and Gagner as our top 2 centers in a recipe for disaster. How didnt trade Gagner this summer I don't know but as long as we have those two anchoring our top two center positions were bound to suck. Also need to greatly improve the defence.
Agree with the second point, but not the first. I think we can win with those two at C.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 06:14 PM
  #206
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Dubnyk didn't do the team any favours on either goal. I know the first was created by a terrible giveaway, but I'm willing to bet most goalies would have stopped both goals.

Can we get Bryz back?

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 07:36 PM
  #207
Pennertration
Registered User
 
Pennertration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Dubnyk didn't do the team any favours on either goal. I know the first was created by a terrible giveaway, but I'm willing to bet most goalies would have stopped both goals.

Can we get Bryz back?
Dubnyk is so far down the list of goats in that game that I think I blame the backup goalie before him (whoever that was last night). Dubnyk did his job. Many others did not.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 07:41 PM
  #208
The Nuge
Some Say...
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,456
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Dubnyk is so far down the list of goats in that game that I think I blame the backup goalie before him (whoever that was last night). Dubnyk did his job. Many others did not.
Ya, when you let in 1 goal in 60 minutes, and I don't care how bad it is, you're not the one who's to blame

__________________
"The Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it" - dnicks17
The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
  #209
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Dubnyk is so far down the list of goats in that game that I think I blame the backup goalie before him (whoever that was last night). Dubnyk did his job. Many others did not.
That's fair, I honestly didn't even watch any of the game. I just watched the highlights on TSN. Sounds like the whole team was garbage.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:12 PM
  #210
Pennertration
Registered User
 
Pennertration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Ya, when you let in 1 goal in 60 minutes, and I don't care how bad it is, you're not the one who's to blame
Not to mention he made big saves when the team needed him to. And that's been the big knock on him (apart from totally sucking) is that he can't give them a save when they really need it.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
  #211
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Agree with the second point, but not the first. I think we can win with those two at C.
Do you actually think RNH & Gagner will be good enough to go against Thornton & Couture, Kopitar & Richards, Toews & Sharp, Crosby & Malkin, Krejci & Bergeron, Sedin & Kesler, Datsyuk & Zetterberg in a 7 game series and win? I don't, not in the next 3 years anyways.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
  #212
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Do you actually think RNH & Gagner will be good enough to go against Thornton & Couture, Kopitar & Richards, Toews & Sharp, Crosby & Malkin, Krejci & Bergeron, Sedin & Kesler, Datsyuk & Zetterberg in a 7 game series and win? I don't, not in the next 3 years anyways.
That's not a fair thing to say because those teams likely don't have Hall/Eberle/Perron level talents on their wings.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:45 PM
  #213
Six in O6
Registered User
 
Six in O6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
That's not a fair thing to say because those teams likely don't have Hall/Eberle/Perron level talents on their wings.
... all of those teams do...

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:57 PM
  #214
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
... all of those teams do...
I wouldn't say LA does.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:37 AM
  #215
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
That's not a fair thing to say because those teams likely don't have Hall/Eberle/Perron level talents on their wings.
Hossa, Kane, Shaw, Versteeg for Chicago to go along with Toews and Sharp(plays mostly LW), for the Kings Brown, Carter, Williams, King, for Boston Lucic, Marchand, Iginla, Eriksson, I know most dont but a few have good enough wings to keep up with ours and neutralize them. If we want to win a cup we need to be better then these teams. Like I said I dont see it happening with Gagner and RNH as our top 2 centermen.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:48 AM
  #216
Playa Hejda
Registered User
 
Playa Hejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: #yeg
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 667
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i'm pretty sure 90% of the oilers fanbase agrees with you, the problem is finding another GM to take gagner and give us a dman in return... not likely to be honest
We only need one! The trick would be to find the most incompetent GM / management group in that league and.... crap.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:41 AM
  #217
thinlizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Too many giving a piss poor effort. This team's top six is really getting their perimeter game going visa vis Petr Nedved style except for Perron. I noticed our giveways bloating to 19. We shouldn't have even got a point with that ugly number. Back to back and sick and we still **** the bed. Bag skate the lot.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.