HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Somebody please pinch me

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2007, 12:30 PM
  #26
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He said he had to PROVE he wasn't a flash in the pan.
NO ... He said he is a flash in the pan, which is why he was picking the Habs to miss the playoffs.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
  #27
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
When did he say he'll be a flash in the pan? Can you find a quote? I listen to him every day on the radio here.
And I've seen him say it at least twice on TSN broadcasts of the Habs. Twice more he tried denouncing his success, and predicted his failure.

Seeing as it's kind of difficult to find a quote from an NHL broadcast, you'll just have to take my word on this one.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 04:38 PM
  #28
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
And I've seen him say it at least twice on TSN broadcasts of the Habs. Twice more he tried denouncing his success, and predicted his failure.

Seeing as it's kind of difficult to find a quote from an NHL broadcast, you'll just have to take my word on this one.
I seriously doubt he would say something like that while he was calling a game.

"Save by Huet!"

"He's a flash in the pan, Gord."

Never happened.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
  #29
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Well, as someone already mentioned, at least he hads the b-lls to say he was wrong...

Heck, back on draft day, the big majority of us were livid we didn't pick Kopitar...a part of me even now says we probably should have...
Did Pierre really have a choice? The kid he trashed on draft day, just won the Gold, and MVP of the World Juniors.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 05:26 PM
  #30
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Did Pierre really have a choice? The kid he trashed on draft day, just won the Gold, and MVP of the World Juniors.
The hell is up with all this revisionist history? He NEVER trashed Price. NEVER. He said that Price was a bad pick for a team like Montreal who has depth in goal but not at centre!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
  #31
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I seriously doubt he would say something like that while he was calling a game.

"Save by Huet!"

"He's a flash in the pan, Gord."

Never happened.
Ok, so now we're all liars. Go away, there's no point in debating something when someone dismisses what you say.


Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 01-06-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 05:49 PM
  #32
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The hell is up with all this revisionist history? He NEVER trashed Price. NEVER. He said that Price was a bad pick for a team like Montreal who has depth in goal but not at centre!
True, he did not trash Price, but he did trash the organization for taking Price instead of ???? whoever he thought they should take...his words were, that is a huge error in judgement on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens...anyhow, like previously stated, he admitted about being rough on the Habs, and their selection, and he now admitted he was wrong...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
  #33
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Ok, so now we're all liars. Go away, there's no point in debating something when someone dismisses what you say.
I don't think you're a liar, I just think you have it out for McGuire and only hear what you want to hear about him.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:07 AM
  #34
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
100% of habs fan questioned the selection. Carey Price himself questioned the selection.
------------- ---------------- --------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
99.9% of the habs fans ..


Make that 99.8% of HAB fans

I rarely question Mr. Gainey



P.S.: I have to be honest though...I did question (a little) the Kostitsyn choice ('cause I really really wanted Zach Parise from the Devils, but...I'm a fan of Kosts' heavy shot & skating ever since I've seen him 1-2 years ago...I'm a believer now more than ever...)

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:13 AM
  #35
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
True, he did not trash Price, but he did trash the organization for taking Price instead of ???? whoever he thought they should take...his words were, that is a huge error in judgement on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens...anyhow, like previously stated, he admitted about being rough on the Habs, and their selection, and he now admitted he was wrong...
I'm almost 100% sure that he mentioned Jack Skille.
Pierre said something like this, "why Price when they have Theo? I don't get it? There was Skille available for the HABS to grab..."

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.