HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2nd line (merged)

Old
01-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...51#post7440151

Your mommy never told you you shouldnt lie ?

I am not lying, I am just exposing how STUPID Catch22's argument was and still is. Since Catch22 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than us, then we have to use HIS logic. He also said that without a .85PPG second-line center, the HABS would never EVER win a Stanley Cup.

If you agreed that the .85PPG is a stupid argument, than PLEASE mention it to Catch22, not me!!

And again, show me THA numbers!!!!! 14 points in 40 games playing with Koivy and Sammy compared to 14 points for Streit.... WOW!!! We do have a hell of second-line center in our hands...of course he does the little things that leads to nothing BUT he does the little things!!!! That's what I told my wife, I was doing the little things in the house and she does the dishes, clean, washing etc... but I do the little things!!!!!!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 11:47 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
I am not lying, I am just exposing how STUPID Catch22's argument was and still is. Since Catch22 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than us, then we have to use HIS logic. He also said that without a .85PPG second-line center, the HABS would never EVER win a Stanley Cup.

If you agreed that the .85PPG is a stupid argument, than PLEASE mention it to Catch22, not me!!

And again, show me THA numbers!!!!! 14 points in 40 games playing with Koivy and Sammy compared to 14 points for Streit.... WOW!!! We do have a hell of second-line center in our hands...of course he does the little things that leads to nothing BUT he does the little things!!!! That's what I told my wife, I was doing the little things in the house and she does the dishes, clean, washing etc... but I do the little things!!!!!!
Ok, if that's what you want...

Hey Catch, the 0.85PPG argument Stefan_Latulippe is using is stupid.

Happy now ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Catch-22

Quote:

I admit that it is my research. What Latulipe never likes to acknowledge is that (a) there was an excpetion - the NJD who had low scoring centres but who were strong two-way players. Since Ribeiro is not a two-way player and Pleks is, Plek's lower point totals do not exclude him from being part of a successful team. But inadequate point totals would exclude one-dimensional players like Ribeiro. (b) Latulipe also forgets that the PPG argument was only one part of a MUCH larger argument, which included an analysis of playing styles and qualities like consistency, play on the boards, backchecking, softness etc. He thinks because he cites the PPG research over and over that he is defeating my entire argument. Wrong because of the exception [see (a)] but also because he doesn;t even respond to any of the other points. Classic ribeiro loving.

Anyway, if Latulipe really believed the PPG argument, no matter how poor his interpretation, he still wouldn't be able to claim Ribeiro is the answer, because that princess isn't going to achieve that. Yet, somehow he claims he would prefer Ribs to Pleks.... . So don't be fooled. Latulipe does not really care about the PPG argument. He only cares that Pleks is not a Francophone.

Anyway, check out my post from yesterday. Go to the link. In that thread, on page 4, Latulipe says he misses Ribeiro. Then, he validates my research on the .85 PPG, which forces him to admit that Ribeiro is not adequate because Ribeiro does not average .85 PPG. So, on page 13 he admits that he doesn't miss Ribeiro. Uhh...which way is up, please? It's absurd. Either you miss Ribeiro, or you don't miss Ribeiro.

Either way, Bob Gainey and pretty much everybody else agrees that Ribeiro had to go and that Pleks would do a better job. And Pleks is doing a better job. That's all that matters.

Last edited by Catch-22: 01-06-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
I admit that it is my research. What Latulipe never likes to acknowledge is that (a) there was an excpetion...
That's the exception that proves the rule!!!! (i don't know if it is a avlide english-epxression) in french (l'exception qui confirme la regle).....

Quote:
Either you miss Ribeiro, or you don't miss Ribeiro.
Either Pleks is a second-line center or he is not.

Quote:
Either way, Bob Gainey and pretty much everybody else agrees that Ribeiro had to go and that Pleks would do a better job. And Pleks is doing a better job. That's all that matters..
Better job? Most posters are saying that Pleks will replace Bonk on the 3rd next year so if he was doing such a grrrrrrrreat job, why is he Bonk's replacement? Maybe because he is not a frog?

Old
01-06-2007, 12:08 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I admit that it is my research. What Latulipe never likes to acknowledge is that (a) there was an excpetion - the NJD who had low scoring centres but who were strong two-way players. Since Ribeiro is not a two-way player and Pleks is, Plek's lower point totals do not exclude him from being part of a successful team. (b) Latulipe also forgets that the PPG argument was only one part of a MUCH larger argument, which included an analysis of playing styles and qualities like consistency, play on the boards, backchecking, softness etc. He thinks because he cites the PPG research over and over that he is defeating my entire argument. Wrong because of the exception [(see a)] but also because he doesn;t even respond to any of the other points. Classic.

Anyway, if Latulipe really believed the PPG argument, no matter how poor his interpretation, he still wouldn't miss Ribeiro because that princess isn't going to do it. Yet, somehow he misses Ribeiro. So don't be fooled. Latulipe does not really care about the PPG argument. He only cares that Pleks is not a Francophone.

Anyway, check out my post from yesterday. Go to the link. On page 4, Latulipe says he misses Ribeiro. Then, he validates my research on the .85 PPG, which forces him to admit that Ribeiro is not adequate because Ribeiro does not average .85 PPG. Then he admits that he doesn't miss Ribeiro. Uhh...which was is up, please? It's absurd. Either you miss Ribeiro, or you don't miss Ribeiro.
Dont have to explain cause honestly I couldnt care less... the thing is, he think it's stupid but he end up using the argument... you know...

All is good anyway, if you want a good laugh there's nothing like talking to a Ribeiro lover (same goes for Theodore lovers)

Old
01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Ok, if that's what you want...

Happy now ?
Yes I am!!!

Old
01-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Dont have to explain cause honestly I couldnt care less... the thing is, he think it's stupid but he end up using the argument... you know...
I proved that the argument was stupid, that was worth my time.

Quote:
All is good anyway, if you want a good laugh there's nothing like talking to a Ribeiro lover (same goes for Theodore lovers)
The revers is true. It is sooo funny to talk to Ribs haters, like you, because you need to make stupid arguments that are ONLY valide for Ribs and not for other players!!!!

Let's make a new argument for Pleks!!! Or for Ryder!!!

Old
01-06-2007, 12:11 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Yes I am!!!
Good, I'll tell you when to get up son.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I proved that the argument was stupid, that was worth my time.

The revers is true. It is sooo funny to talk to Ribs haters, like you, because you need to make stupid arguments that are ONLY valide for Ribs and not for other players!!!!

Let's make a new argument for Pleks!!! Or for Ryder!!!
Hmmmm... O.K. lemme see, since you seems to love stats here's one...

5 vs 5 :
Plekanec : 10 points in 40 games
Ribeiro : 14 points in 41 games

Guess you should be able to easily provide an explanation as to why you think one is so good and the other one is so bad huh ?

Old
01-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Well, too bad you affection for Pleks and your hatred toward Ribs blinds you to recognize the obvious, Pleks is not a top 6 forward.

So you mean that you like the one we have? If Gainey replaces him, it means that it is you, who has been blind all along?
I see you didn't pay much attention to the language subtleties and are interpolating your own biases. I didn't say I loved Plekanec as a second line center. I said Gainey tried to find a suitable second line center but was unsuccessful. Since Ribeiro was unsuitable (for off-ice as well as on-ice reasons) and was making a lot more than Plekanec, Gainey decided to dump Ribeiro and try Plekanec. Plekanec may not be the ideal center for Samsonov and Kovalev, but neither is Ribeiro or Bonk, and Koivu can't center both the first and second lines.

I don't hate Ribeiro but I have contempt for his attitude, his lifestyle, and his companions. Maybe you still admire José Théodore and Pierre Dagenais. I wouldn't want them to corrupt Guillaume Latendresse, who has a real future with le Canadien.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
How many were against Bush to go to war with Irak!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 90% and more were for it, now, if we asked the same question, will we reach 90% again? I don't think so.

Pleks will not finish the year on the second line, you can write it down, and Pleks will do like Fortier, Ribs, Dags, Sunny and will play in Europe in less that 3-4 years, that you can write it down to!
Not that it's relevant, but I was totally opposed to invading Iraq. It was easy to foresee the chaos that would result from unleashing vicious sectarian animosities that couldn't be checked in the absence of a strong central government.

I don't know why you mentioned Sundstrom. He had a long NHL career. Let's see if Ribeiro matches it.

As for Plekanec, if he isn't playing for the Habs in 3 years, he'll be playing for another NHL team--maybe even in Dallas en lieu de Ribeiro.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 02:46 PM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
They could see that Ribeiro couldn't do the job because he flopped with Kovalev in both the regular season and the playoffs and he didn't mesh with Samsonov and Kovalev in the preseason. He was a bad influence on Latendresse and there were rumors that the Three Amigos were on cocaine. Gainey decided to get rid of him, and no one has heard Carbonneau complaining about it. Gainey tried but couldn't find an affordable second line center in a trade but he had Plekanec, who was making a lot less than Ribeiro. Too bad your affection for Ribeiro blinds you to Gainey's predicament.
Kovy was close to the 1 PPG when he played with Ribeiro last season .

During the playoffs they were the most dangerous duo .

Howmuch games they played together during the pre-season ? 1 or 2 ? that means anything .

Who said that Ribeiro was having a bad influence on Latendresse ? quote for that ? or it is only a dream from you ?

Each players were drug tested last season ; that means that if they would have took drug , they won't have passed the test .

Gainey said after the trade ( during the press conference ), that he wasn't "trying" to trade Ribeiro , and that Ribs wasn't having any problem with the team .

It's not that i want to defend Ribeiro -AND I AM HAPPY HE'S GONE - , but your post is only a patchwork of insane lies .

If you don't like Ribeiro , just say it ; i don't like him . But don't reinvent all his life just to prove us that your judgement is right .

Your mother never told you you shouldnt lie ?

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
I don't know why you mentioned Sundstrom. He had a long NHL career. Let's see if Ribeiro matches it.
Let's see if Pleks matches Ribs than matches Sunny.....

Quote:
As for Plekanec, if he isn't playing for the Habs in 3 years, he'll be playing for another NHL team--maybe even in Dallas en lieu de Ribeiro.
Probably! He won't be playing for the Habs on the second-line, that's for sure.

Old
01-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
I see you didn't pay much attention to the language subtleties and are interpolating your own biases.
English is not my first language so I might have missed the subtleties, sorry.

Quote:
Since Ribeiro was unsuitable (for off-ice as well as on-ice reasons) and was making a lot more than Plekanec, Gainey decided to dump Ribeiro and try Plekanec.
Who gave the monye to Ribs in the first place? There was no reason to give that huge salary increase last summer.

Quote:
I wouldn't want them to corrupt Guillaume Latendresse, who has a real future with le Canadien.
Well if Guillaume is soooo solid, he would not have been corrupted.

Old
01-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Hmmmm... O.K. lemme see, since you seems to love stats here's one...

5 vs 5 :
Plekanec : 10 points in 40 games
Ribeiro : 14 points in 41 games

Guess you should be able to easily provide an explanation as to why you think one is so good and the other one is so bad huh ?
Hummm...did I say that one was sooooooooooo good?

All I am saying is that poor little Pleky is not the solution on the 1st or on the 2nd!!! He proved me right, again, last night!

Old
01-07-2007, 09:38 AM
terreur

vCash: 50
I think Grabovski deserves a try on that second line for a few games. If Bonk is injured for a few games, Pleky can do a real good job on that third line.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur View Post
I think Grabovski deserves a try on that second line for a few games. If Bonk is injured for a few games, Pleky can do a real good job on that third line.
amen !

May be he's the solution . Plekanec is playing better lately , but i just can't trust him as a second liner . And it just could be worst if ever Saku get injured . We need another center , and if gainey doesn't want to move , or that the offer are not enough good to accept a trade , than i prefer Grabovsky to get used to the NHL game , as soon as possible

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote