HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Will one of Danis or Halak be in the NHL next year?

View Poll Results: Will one of Halak or Danis be Montreal's backup goalie next year?
1 of them will be Huet's backup next year 63 91.30%
they will both be in Hamilton again next year 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-07-2007, 06:32 AM
GoHabsGO252006

vCash: 500
I expect danis to be re-signed and to fight for the back up job with Halak. Whoever performs will get it but any lack of performance will simply send them down and call up the other. Halak and Price will split duties in the Hammer. Danis as backup at 500K saves the Habs 1.4M on their backup.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 07:26 AM
jazzyreg

Send a message via AIM to jazzyreg Send a message via MSN to jazzyreg
I honestly think it's too soon to say.

Where Halak has had a great start in nets for the Bulldogs, had that string of shutouts and spent his time with Danis sharing duties, I don't think he'll play in the NHL yet. I believe he needs to spend another year in the AHL as a true number one. He hasn't played a single game in the NHL yet, this is his first season in the A and where I think it's a good option to get him some experience, I'm not as quick to say OMG BACKUP HUET!

But I do think that if Danis isn't give the backup job, he'll leave. Who can blame him after having sat in Hamilton for so long. He's made it no small fact in interviews that he was disappointed when the Habs got Aebischer. Where the point that no other team would make him an NHL backup, I beg to differ. There is always someone out there who is willing to take a risk and I hope they do. I think everyone here knows that virtually anything can happen in the post and off-season. Danis will play in the NHL next season you just have to ask with who?

jazzyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 07:43 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
After that one blown save yesterday on the shot he should have had I almost wish Abby was not around to the end of the season but he will be. Next season Halak, Danis and Price will battle but I think Halak will be the NHL backup.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
shutehinside

Huet
Halak

Danis
Price

Abbi I think will get dealt at the dead line (with Ryder, I beleive) if there are any takers. I know its good to have a solid back up for the play off run but he has NO confidence, gives up HUGE rebounds and at this point I think Danis or Halak would be a better back up, even with out the experience. Look at what Ward did last year, not to say that Halak or Danis are better, but they shouldn't be excluded based on experience for a veteran whose lost his stuff.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote