HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mon., Dec. 9, 2013|Flyers 4 at Senators 5 (SO)

Old
12-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Giroux has been a non-factor offensively even strength, he's just as much to blame as anyone else on that line.

Sean frickin' Couturier has three more even strength points than Giroux this year, stop making excuses for him.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Giroux has been a non-factor offensively even strength, he's just as much to blame as anyone else on that line.

Sean frickin' Couturier has three more even strength points than Giroux this year, stop making excuses for him.
This! Giroux was non factor on EV last year too and especially before voracek was paired with him.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:19 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
You're definition of a superstar is quite puzzling.

Also, I'm pretty sure G is not the only "super star" on your list there that is struggling with his line mates this year.
Ok the, star player. Either way, every player on that list is still better than Jake and Hartnell. Even the best players in the game will struggle to produce with lesser talent around them. That's not even debatable. We'll never see the best of Giroux until he gets a legitimate star winger to play with.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
flyershockey

Quote:

He's also not playing against other team's shut down lines with two dog **** wingers. Let's focus on the leading scorer though and not the ever regressing Hartnell and the biggest disappointment on the team in Voracek.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:

If you paid attention you'd notice that the difference is that Couturiers linemates can win battles along the boards, maintain possession, pass the puck, and shoot the puck. Hartnell can't do any of this and Voracek seems like he doesn't want to half the time. The way Berube is having them play in the offensive zone makes the centers rely on the the wingers, and if the wingers aren't doing their jobs the center isn't going to be successful.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:23 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This! Giroux was non factor on EV last year too and especially before voracek was paired with him.
Yet you support the routinely invisible Brayden Schenn to death.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

NHL.com is so ****ed.

They have given Couts an assist on Kimmos goal now... and taken Downies off!

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Flying

i'm thinking more and more - just move giroux to wing with vinny centering him. neither of giroux's wingers are putting in the effort.

b. schenn was invisible.it's games like this where i get the vibe he tops out as a 50-60pt player in his best years, he still needs to work on his consistency from night to night (this whole team does though). luke did alright, so did simmonds.

raffl isn't a top 6 player.

streit is paid 5m too much.

this game we got pretty unlucky with bounces, but... Chicago isn't going to score on us with lucky bounces. they are going to go in on the flyers, and they are going to go in dry.

this team is like where the 76ers were a couple years ago - .500, low playoff seed early out at best, but not awful enough to get a really good high draft pick.

at least we're not far out from the metro division top 4.

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Yeah, I don't honestly ever expect superstar numbers from him even strength, but he's done absolutely nothing this year. The one thing that is expected is for him to be a dominant PP player and he's been quite mediocre thus far this year. Combine the two and it's not exactly a surprise where this team is at.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:27 PM
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake

And Tony Romo has been BENCHED

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:29 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Ok the, star player. Either way, every player on that list is still better than Jake and Hartnell. Even the best players in the game will struggle to produce with lesser talent around them. That's not even debatable. We'll never see the best of Giroux until he gets a legitimate star winger to play with.
Yeah, I don't know about that. Coming off last year's performance, before this season started, I think Voracek was being considered as a star player. And he's talented enough to be a star player in this league, just needs to stop making such low percentage plays, and play smarter. Hartnell feeds off of what other players on his line do. If G and Voracek are not playing smart, than Hartnell is useless. Much like Kunitz, Dupuis, or Neal in Pittsburgh.

And Giroux has shown what he can produce without a "star" player on his wing. I don't think Jagr and Hartnell were considered star players in the league to the extent you're talking about two years ago. He just needs players that have good chemistry going, and right now, that's not happening with Voracek and Hartnell.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
i'm thinking more and more - just move giroux to wing with vinny centering him. neither of giroux's wingers are putting in the effort.

b. schenn was invisible.it's games like this where i get the vibe he tops out as a 50-60pt player in his best years, he still needs to work on his consistency from night to night (this whole team does though). luke did alright, so did simmonds.

raffl isn't a top 6 player.

streit is paid 5m too much.

this game we got pretty unlucky with bounces, but... Chicago isn't going to score on us with lucky bounces. they are going to go in on the flyers, and they are going to go in dry.

this team is like where the 76ers were a couple years ago - .500, low playoff seed early out at best, but not awful enough to get a really good high draft pick.

at least we're not far out from the metro division top 4.
Well, Vinny is on LTIR.

Flying

yeah, i know, i meant when he comes back and gets into match fit form. until then, not much else can be done except watch hartnell fall down and voracek doing his best 2004 alexei yashin impression

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
He's also not playing against other team's shut down lines with two dog **** wingers. Let's focus on the leading scorer though and not the ever regressing Hartnell and the biggest disappointment on the team in Voracek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
If you paid attention you'd notice that the difference is that Couturiers linemates can win battles along the boards, maintain possession, pass the puck, and shoot the puck. Hartnell can't do any of this and Voracek seems like he doesn't want to half the time. The way Berube is having them play in the offensive zone makes the centers rely on the the wingers, and if the wingers aren't doing their jobs the center isn't going to be successful.
Voracek and Hartnell haven't played well, sure. Blaming them for Giroux playing terrible and pretty uninspired for the most part is also ridiculous. He's the captain and face of the franchise, let's stop trying to blame his linemates for all of his problems.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Disappointing outcome, although I wasn't unable to watch the game in its entirety.

Our top 6 is still a problem it seems to be. Congrats to Raffl on his first goal, though.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FLYERSFAN18

When Vinny comes back he needs to be on G's wing. He desperately needs someone who can shoot.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winston Wolf

Voracek somehow turned into a stronger Maxim Afinogenov. And Giroux looks like Mike Cammalleri.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I couldn't be a bigger hater of the schenns?

I support all flyers but i am not going to deny when a player is not playing up to a standard that us fans and the organization expect from him. ANd that is what is happening with giroux. He was given the C and 8.3 mill a year to lead this team and be force on offense.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:38 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Good: Raffl, Couturier, L. Schenn
Bad: Mason (Wait a minute, what the hell?)
Ugly: Streit, Potvin

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Yeah, I don't know about that. Coming off last year's performance, before this season started, I think Voracek was being considered as a star player. And he's talented enough to be a star player in this league, just needs to stop making such low percentage plays, and play smarter. Hartnell feeds off of what other players on his line do. If G and Voracek are not playing smart, than Hartnell is useless. Much like Kunitz, Dupuis, or Neal in Pittsburgh.

And Giroux has shown what he can produce without a "star" player on his wing. I don't think Jagr and Hartnell were considered star players in the league to the extent you're talking about two years ago. He just needs players that have good chemistry going, and right now, that's not happening with Voracek and Hartnell.
Jake hasn't been anything close to a star player this year. He's skating, sometimes, but not doing much else. It takes a whole line to produce points. Giroux can't be expected to carry two other guts who are playing like crap. There are very few players in the league that are capable of doing that for an entire game, let alone an entire season.

You can hate in Neal and Kunitz all you want, but they would both be our best wingers right now, and they're both capable of doing a lot more than piggy backing the super stars they play with. Hartnell is the definition of a complimentary winger. The only asset he offers to Giroux is his occasionally good shot. He's average to below average in every other facet of the game. Jake has the skill set, but he's pissing it away at this point. I said it last week, but if he doesn't get more consistent, he'll be a Viktor Kozlov-like player in the sense that he's always leaving you wanting more out of him.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:44 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
I couldn't be a bigger hater of the schenns?

I support all flyers but i am not going to deny when a player is not playing up to a standard that us fans and the organization expect from him. ANd that is what is happening with giroux. He was given the C and 8.3 mill a year to lead this team and be force on offense.
I must of confused you with another poster then. Apologies. Once again, there are very few, if any, players in the league capable of producing with two under-performing line mates.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Three lucky bounce goals for the Sens and Anderson makes some amazing saves. I'm happy with one point, although I am extremely frustrated about it.

Flyers played pretty well all and all.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Giroux needs to stop pulling up and giving a one handed stick lunge every time he tries to play a puck. He's then caught stationary when it doesn't work and quickly out of the play. Move your feet.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM
phil162888

Quote:
Jake hasn't been anything close to a star player this year. He's skating, sometimes, but not doing much else. It takes a whole line to produce points. Giroux can't be expected to carry two other guts who are playing like crap. There are very few players in the league that are capable of doing that for an entire game, let alone an entire season.

You can hate in Neal and Kunitz all you want, but they would both be our best wingers right now, and they're both capable of doing a lot more than piggy backing the super stars they play with. Hartnell is the definition of a complimentary winger. The only asset he offers to Giroux is his occasionally good shot. He's average to below average in every other facet of the game. Jake has the skill set, but he's pissing it away at this point. I said it last week, but if he doesn't get more consistent, he'll be a Viktor Kozlov-like player in the sense that he's always leaving you wanting more out of him.
You get Giroux with a finisher and watch what happens. This guy if not traded (which is always possible with this team) will go down as one of the top 3 Flyers of all time. He's that good. Voracek is a great 2nd line player but he's no goal scorer and he's killing that line. Hartnell has actually been playing better lately its Voracek its like he's in his own universe (Bryz referance). Homer's priorities are clear find a 1st line winger and find a top 2 dmen under 30. Oh and get rid of Streit

phil162888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
lol. yeah, what's the excuse for Brayden Schenn?

he can't even kill penalties.. BUST

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote