HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Burmistrov

Old
12-10-2013, 04:39 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Alexander Burmistrov

What is going to happen to him? I know there was friction between Noel and Burmistrov. If Noel leaves, does Burmistrov come back? Do the Jets trade him at the draft? For me, I'd love for Minnesota to take a risk and trade for him. Granlund's injuries are a concern and Coyle works better at wing. But his value is all over the place. Jets don't want to let him go but teams probably don't want to trade for a malcontent player that is in Russia playing.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:39 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

We don't know much about the situation either.

Fact is: Burmistrov was in quite the dog house during last season under Noel. He was given tough competition and used as a role-player. No PP time at all.
He still did a pretty good job as a shut-down 3rd line center but couldn't produce as much as we hoped. But when playing with 1st line to 2nd line linemates, his production always instantly went up. We have stats about this on our board somewhere (search for posts from Garret about Burmistrov)

Rumours said that only Antropov could speak to him off the ice because he didn't want to listen to coaches or especially Noel. A lot of people don't give much into that rumour because it's not matching at all with his behaviour on the ice and in interviews. It's not something Burmistrov seems to be like, regarding his character and work ethic.

Anyway, there is no chance, IMO, the Jets give him away for low value. Why should they? He's doing exactly what we hoped: Playing good in the KHL, getting a lot of TOI and he started to produce (GP 35 G 8 A 19 P 27).

IMO, there are two possibilities:

1. He comes back to the Jets in summer, everyone start with a breeze of fresh air and move along with a more confident Burmistrov.... Or Noel is fired after missing the playoffs again and he comes back anyway. However, scenario is the same.

2. He comes back to the NHL but not to the Jets because bridges have been burned. Let's say he continues to play like he does and finishes about 15-20 overall in KHL scoring, I'm sure plenty of teams would be ALL over him to get his rights in summer. Remember, he just turned 22 in October and is going to hit RFA. His value would be quite high with a couple of teams may starting a "bidding war".

I think the earliest to start thinking about trading for him would be after the KHL season came to the end. It depends on what his opinion about the whole situation will be when the season is over and he has time to think about the next season.

He signed a one-year contract for AK Bars, btw.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
We don't know much about the situation either.

Fact is: Burmistrov was in quite the dog house during last season under Noel. He was given tough competition and used as a role-player. No PP time at all.
He still did a pretty good job as a shut-down 3rd line center but couldn't produce as much as we hoped. But when playing with 1st line to 2nd line linemates, his production always instantly went up. We have stats about this on our board somewhere (search for posts from Garret about Burmistrov)

Rumours said that only Antropov could speak to him off the ice because he didn't want to listen to coaches or especially Noel. A lot of people don't give much into that rumour because it's not matching at all with his behaviour on the ice and in interviews. It's not something Burmistrov seems to be like, regarding his character and work ethic.

Anyway, there is no chance, IMO, the Jets give him away for low value. Why should they? He's doing exactly what we hoped: Playing good in the KHL, getting a lot of TOI and he started to produce (GP 35 G 8 A 19 P 27).

IMO, there are two possibilities:

1. He comes back to the Jets in summer, everyone start with a breeze of fresh air and move along with a more confident Burmistrov.... Or Noel is fired after missing the playoffs again and he comes back anyway. However, scenario is the same.

2. He comes back to the NHL but not to the Jets because bridges have been burned. Let's say he continues to play like he does and finishes about 15-20 overall in KHL scoring, I'm sure plenty of teams would be ALL over him to get his rights in summer. Remember, he just turned 22 in October and is going to hit RFA. His value would be quite high with a couple of teams may starting a "bidding war".

I think the earliest to start thinking about trading for him would be after the KHL season came to the end. It depends on what his opinion about the whole situation will be when the season is over and he has time to think about the next season.

He signed a one-year contract for AK Bars, btw.
If scenario 2 happened. The value of Burmistrov is going to be really low....and it's gonna suck for the jets.
There are a couple of reasons:
1. Winnipeg basically has no leverage as they are merely holding on to a "dead weight player" that doesn't want to play for them.
2. There is higher probability and a fear that Burmistrov will flee back to the KHL whenever a team fails to please him. This would scare a lot of gms away and the fear will be stronger since he is Russian.
3. His character will be constantly questioned. These rumours (true or not) will definitely hurt his value.
4. This article shows that Winnipeg has tried to deal Burmistrov and apparently failed to get anything of value - http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/07/0...-thrashersjets

Quote from article:
"Yet, Cheveldayoff failed to swing a deal, leaving the Jets with nothing in return for what GMs like to call an asset."

5. Burmistrov won't sign a contract in this scenario which would severely hinder his value even more.... You would only be acquiring the rights of the player.

I'm not sure how much worth Gms put in getting points in other leagues. It doesn't necessarily translate to the smaller NHL rinks and style of play but he is a top pick so Burmistrov will probably get a chance to prove himself in the NHL but his previous production is rather disappointing for such a high pick.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:30 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I dont care what he does.
He could stay in the KHL for the remainder of his career what for it matters to me.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:21 AM
LeighDx13

I've wanted him here in Detroit since the rumours abut him being in the doghouse surfaced. Have Datsyuk mentor him and see what happens.

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:41 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
If scenario 2 happened. The value of Burmistrov is going to be really low....and it's gonna suck for the jets.
1. Winnipeg basically has no leverage as they are merely holding on to a "dead weight player" that doesn't want to play for them.
2. There is higher probability and a fear that Burmistrov will flee back to the KHL whenever a team fails to please him. This would scare a lot of gms away and the fear will be stronger since he is Russian.
3. His character will be constantly questioned. These rumours (true or not) will definitely hurt his value.
4. This article shows that Winnipeg has tried to deal Burmistrov and apparently failed to get anything of value - http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/07/0...-thrashersjets

Quote from article:
"Yet, Cheveldayoff failed to swing a deal, leaving the Jets with nothing in return for what GM’s like to call “an asset.”"

5. Burmistrov won't sign a contract in this scenario which would severely hinder his value even more.... You would only be acquiring the rights of the player.

I'm not sure how much worth Gms put in getting points in other leagues. It doesn't necessarily translate to the smaller NHL rinks and style of play but he is a top pick so Burmistrov will probably get a chance to prove himself in the NHL but his previous production is rather disappointing for such a high pick.
You have some good, valid points but what has Burmistrov done wrong? Rumours are only rumours and the facts show a gifted young russian player that came over to NA as a teenager to play hockey with the best. He's not the only player leaving NA after some struggles to boost his confidence back home and come back to succeed. If more young players would have that opportunity, more of them would use it, even if it's just for one year.

http://blogs.ajc.com/iceman-thrasher...o-bolt-to-khl/

I know this is OLD but it tells another picture about him. I wouldn't even say he "bolded" to the KHL, it was a good choice by both sides, IMO.

You may be right that some people will be scared off about the "russian factor" and the "rumours" but GMs will call their insiders and get a more detailed picture about him, not only what (pissed) Winnipeg media wrote when he left for KHL.

When he played in the AHL when the Jets asked him to during the lock-out, St.Johns staff had nothing but praise for his work ethic and on-ice character. I doubt it will scare GMs THAT much away.

But on the other hand, I may have exagerated a little with the wording "ALL over him". I give you the point that people may will have their doubts about giving up too much for him.

Old
12-10-2013, 07:43 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDx13 View Post
I've wanted him here in Detroit since the rumours abut him being in the doghouse surfaced. Have Datsyuk mentor him and see what happens.
I'd bet money on the fact that he'd thrive in Detroit. Datsyuk is his childhood hero. If they'd be willing to give up fair value for him, it could be a win-win-win situation.

Old
12-10-2013, 08:04 AM
larmex99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1200
I think what some hockey people are missing is that any Canadians or Americans going over to Russia would face huge cultural issues in dealing with day to day life. Now add to that language and missing family issues for a young man and throw in the pressure of being a first round pick, and add a little issue of coaching controversy and poof........the young man bolts for home.

I would be confident of him succeeding if he lands in the proper situation, like Detroit. They have shown patience and dedication to their prospects and they have mentors to guide Burmi in making a positive adjustment. The problem would be in trying to get proper compensation as the best fit is seldom the team willing to pay the best price. If I am Chevy I am looking for something substantial, not a bag of pucks and a used jock. It seems to me that the chance of him returning to the Jets and being successful is very slim.

larmex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:08 AM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 50
Burmistrov signed a 2-year contract. His rights can be traded still, but he won't be joining a team in the 2014-2015 season if he does decide to come back.

RaginStajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:09 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post

Quote from article:
"Yet, Cheveldayoff failed to swing a deal, leaving the Jets with nothing in return for what GMs like to call an asset."

IMO you have a pretty good handle on the situation. He was a very polarizing player among Jets fans. I was fairly neutral on him. Obviously talented and a good possession player, but would drive you crazy when he would stick handle into trouble and forgo scoring chances. Noel and him didn't see eye-to-eye. Noel preaches a North South game and Burmi is more of an East west player. Burmi reportedly tuned out the coach and would only talk with Antropov. He is almost the anti kane on the ice. last season he had 10 points in 44 games, the other 4 he was a healthy scratch. I don't expect him to ever be an offensive force in the NHL.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Vabeachblue

I'd like him in Washington, let Ovi talk some sense into him. I think he needs someone like Datsyuk, Ovi, or Malkin a legit russian superstar to mentor him. Washington loves it's Russians!

Vabeachblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:39 AM
StuckOutHere

I'd give ya Gardiner for him. Was always a fan of this kid.

StuckOutHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:43 AM
larmex99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginStajan View Post
Burmistrov signed a 2-year contract. His rights can be traded still, but he won't be joining a team in the 2014-2015 season if he does decide to come back.
In an interview he denied that he had an "out" clause in the first year of his contract. Talk about leaving the door half open.

larmex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
I was salivating at the idea of picking him up this past summer.

Would still take him on the Rangers to play behind Stepan.

12-10-2013, 09:26 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Man I would love for him to end up on the Wild

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 09:55 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabeachblue View Post
I think he needs someone like Datsyuk, Ovi, or Malkin a legit russian superstar to mentor him. Washington loves it's Russians!
As I said regarding to Detroit and Datsyuk, one out of the big russians would be pure gold for him and his development. He's a rather shy kid that seems to feel a little lost/alone sometimes.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Riptide

Quote:
I'd bet money on the fact that he'd thrive in Detroit. Datsyuk is his childhood hero. If they'd be willing to give up fair value for him, it could be a win-win-win situation.
What do you think fair value is?

"Its not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, its as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Vabeachblue

Quote:
As I said regarding to Detroit and Datsyuk, one out of the big russians would be pure gold for him and his development. He's a rather shy kid that seems to feel a little lost/alone sometimes.
You're completely right, Ovi has grown up a lot in the recent especially since he got engaged. Pretty sure Ovi would let the kid live with him (he let grabo live with him earlier this year) and would be a great influence on adapting to American culture Etc. Hoping Ovi can work wonders with Kuz if he gets here.

Vabeachblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Regier/Buffalo were supposedly in negotiations but Regier was playing his usual hard-ball and wanted extra from the Jets in the deal. The principles were rumored on TSN to be Stafford for Burmistrov, with the sticking point being Regier wanting a 2nd rounder in addition.

While his offensive numbers slid when used in a checking role, he was someone a solid section fo Sabre fans had interest in due to his ability to assume that role and yet still have growth potential. That said, with the likely cause of Burmi's departure (Noel) likely leaving and the guy interested in him for Buffalo (Regier) gone, I'm not sure anyone else strikes this back up. I suspect Burmi under a new coach is an asset the Jets won't want to deal.

12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
sjci

vCash: 50
I'd like the Sabres to take a chance on him. Got a couple of other young Russians now and Burmi could have a big role on the new look Sabres

sjci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:40 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Regier/Buffalo were supposedly in negotiations but Regier was playing his usual hard-ball and wanted extra from the Jets in the deal. The principles were rumored on TSN to be Stafford for Burmistrov, with the sticking point being Regier wanting a 2nd rounder in addition.

While his offensive numbers slid when used in a checking role, he was someone a solid section fo Sabre fans had interest in due to his ability to assume that role and yet still have growth potential. That said, with the likely cause of Burmi's departure (Noel) likely leaving and the guy interested in him for Buffalo (Regier) gone, I'm not sure anyone else strikes this back up. I suspect Burmi under a new coach is an asset the Jets won't want to deal.
For sure. If Noel is gone by mid April (and there is a realistic chance for that to happen) I highly doubt Cheveldayoff would want to move him.

Quote:
By Riptide

What do you think fair value is?

That's kinda hard to say as it depends A LOT on the amount of interest around the league. I'm not that interested in making any statements to get them ripped apart from the "proposal-police" just waiting around the corner for me to do that.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDx13 View Post
You guys or Chicago would be perfect fits for him IMO.

Only problem is Detroit doesn't seem to want to give up full value for anyone with all the depth they have in house.

We've dealt with Chicago before, but they might be fine without him too.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Larry Hoover

Edit: getting too many PM's about this. I'm done.

Last edited by Larry Hoover: 12-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Larry Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:50 AM
aemoreira1981

I have a feeling that if the Jets miss the playoffs again and Noel is fired, Burmistrov may well come back.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:49 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 923
If he (or Jets management, who knows), opposed him ever playing for the organization again, regardless of Noel, I don't think he'd have much value. Certainly not relative to his potential and (previous) draft status. Likely a second round pick, maybe + a project type prospect (of very little value) would be all someone would give up for his rights in that scenario.

If not, I can't see why they wouldn't move past it. He's getting the icetime to develop, has played well over there and can come back matured both personally and in his game.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote