HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Edmonton

Old
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Good thing your not a GM if that's the best offer they could make.
List of players Habs don't trade one-on-one for Yakupov: Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller, Gallagher, Emelin, a re-sign Markov, Gorges, Galchenyuk and Fucale. The rest is available. I don't know what Edmonton fans would want from the Habs for Yakupov but i really doubt Bergevin is willing to give good players or prospects for Yakupov.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Yea. Just no.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:38 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
List of players Habs don't trade one-on-one for Yakupov: Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller, Gallagher, Emelin, a re-sign Markov, Gorges, Galchenyuk and Fucale. The rest is available. I don't know what Edmonton fans would want from the Habs for Yakupov but i really doubt Bergevin is willing to give good players or prospects for Yakupov.
If the guys you listed are off the table, so is Yakupov.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
And I doubt Oilers trade the first overall pick from one year ago, in a sophmore slump, on a bad team with a new coach who is trying to get his system going for b level prospect, mid to late first's and scraps.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:43 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
lol.. ok

I can't imagine anyone worth their hockey salt not taking Galchenyuk over Yakupov right now.
There is a guy that would take Bournival over Yak, so someone taking yak over Galchenyuk isn't exactly taboo.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
There is a guy that would take Bournival over Yak, so someone taking yak over Galchenyuk isn't exactly taboo.
It definately is not....to each their own. I am just thankful that EDM and CBJ both passed on him. Galchenyuk is going to be a great player. (this is not a commentary on who is/will be better, just happy to get a Centre with size.....FINALLY!!!!!)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:48 AM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
lol.. ok

I can't imagine anyone worth their hockey salt not taking Galchenyuk over Yakupov right now.
Lets take a look at HF opinions on Hall vs. Seguin since their draft years

draft= Hall>Seguin
2010= Hall>>>>Seguin
2011= Seguin>>>>Hall
2012= Hall>>>>Seguin
this season= Hall=Seguin

Things change with young players, right now its quite obvious Galchy is playing better, lets just wait until they play more then 80 games before we label one as superior to another.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Eberle i could see going if it comes to that but I doubt Hall goes anywhere.
Since when have the Edmonton Oilers ever done what their fans expected them to do?

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
It definately is not....to each their own. I am just thankful that EDM and CBJ both passed on him. Galchenyuk is going to be a great player. (this is not a commentary on who is/will be better, just happy to get a Centre with size.....FINALLY!!!!!)
I was a Habs fan until moving to Edmonton as a kid, always wanted a player like Galchenyuk on the Habs, hes a great player.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
And I doubt Oilers trade the first overall pick from one year ago, in a sophmore slump, on a bad team with a new coach who is trying to get his system going for b level prospect, mid to late first's and scraps.
Good ! The Habs seem to do just fine without Yakupov superstar and his 9 points and his -17. Bergevin like players with character and players that play for the team and not only for themself. Unless the Habs could get him for almost nothing like the sens with Turris (Beaulieu+2nd round pick) i doubt Bergevin is interested in Yakupov.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:54 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I have nothing against the kid, and think it's too early to really say who is the better option long-term. It's not like Galchenyuk is that much bigger than RNH so I can't say we passed on a mean #1 center.

Personally trading Yak has to be a perfect scenario. I don't think there are a lot out there. Other Gm's are going to try tell MacT that Yak is struggling that he isn't worth much, so why would we move him in a sophomore slump if this is the case? There is just too much risk at this point in us moving Yak, unless there is a GM out there that really likes him and needs to do something to their team now. Otherwise we just wait.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Quote:
Good ! The Habs seem to do just fine without Yakupov superstar and his 9 points and his -17. Bergevin like players with character and players that play for the team and not only for themself. Unless the Habs could get him for almost nothing like the sens with Turris (Beaulieu+2nd round pick) i doubt Bergevin is interested in Yakupov.
And get it in your head that we aren't dealing Yakupov for your scrubs.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
You don't win Stanley cup with only top 6 forwards. Bournival his and will be a perfect 3rd liners for the Habs for many years. Yakupov will probably be a better player or points Producer than Bournival but Bournival is not going anywhere. I also made a better offer than Bournival ( 1st round pick+ Pateryn+ Collberg).

Old
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Quote:
You don't win Stanley cup with only top 6 forwards. Bournival his and will be a perfect 3rd liners for the Habs for many years. Yakupov will probably be a better player or points Producer than Bournival but Bournival is not going anywhere. I also made a better offer than Bournival ( 1st round pick+ Pateryn+ Collberg).
Would you take your better offer for Galchenyuk? If not, then don't make that offer.

Ps.

Oilers hang up.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Not even sure the Habs trade Bournival straight up for Yakupov. Bournival is a local talent and a heart and soul player. You win Stanley cup with players like Bournival you win 1st overall pick with players like Yakupov.
I'm a Habs fan and I do NOT approve this message.

I bet you wouldn't trade DD for Ovechkin either.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-10-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: not needed
Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
And get it in your head that we aren't dealing Yakupov for your scrubs.
I'm fine with that our scrubs could probably get a better or a more complete player than Yakupov.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-10-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: trolling
Old
12-10-2013, 12:02 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
In case you missed it you can sign depth guys like we did this summer with Ference and Gordon, you don't need to move potential superstars for depth.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Would you take your better offer for Galchenyuk? If not, then don't make that offer.

Ps.

Oilers hang up.
Galchenyuk is not Yakupov the very best the Habs could offer is Gorges and a 2nd round pick. But like i said before Habs don't absolutely need Yakupov and are doing fine without him.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
I doubt you have a firm grip on what Bergevin is interested in. Yak is struggling no doubt but to say a sophmore slump on a bad team has made in a unattractive piece that Bergevin would only be interested in if he was giving up scraps is a assinine comment with no basis. If the Oilers were shopping Yak right now, you can bet even with his rough play this year so far alot of teams (Montreal included) would be offiering more than Beaulieu + a 2nd round pick.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I'm a Habs fan and I do NOT approve this message.

I bet you wouldn't trade DD for Ovechkin either.
I have explain myself after this post. DD is an all time best in shoot out but I know Ovechkin is way better.

Bournival is a local talent, with great speed, great attitude. There is no reason to trade him right now. I made 2 better offer than just Bournival alone. It's not my fault if people are not able to read.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-10-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: qep
Old
12-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
Galchenyuk is not Yakupov the very best the Habs could offer is Gorges and a 2nd round pick. But like i said before Habs don't absolutely need Yakupov and are doing fine without him.

Good thing your not running that team. Bergevin could and probably would offer more if Yak was available.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
I doubt you have a firm grip on what Bergevin is interested in. Yak is struggling no doubt but to say a sophmore slump on a bad team has made in a unattractive piece that Bergevin would only be interested in if he was giving up scraps is a assinine comment with no basis.

If the Oilers were shopping Yak right now, you can bet even with his rough play this year so far alot of teams (Montreal included) would be offiering more than Beaulieu + a 2nd round pick.
I never said that Edmonton should sell Yakupov for scraps, I just say that Bergevin should not give what Edmonton fans want and he should not enter in a bidding war for Yakupov. There are better, more complete and more affordable players available on the market.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-10-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: trolling
Old
12-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
I never said that Edmonton should sell Yakupov for scraps, I just say that Bergevin should not give what Edmonton fans want and he should not enter in a bidding war for Yakupov. There are better, more complete and more affordable players available on the market.
You said he wouldn't not shouldn't that is where this all started from.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-10-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: qep, not needed
Old
12-10-2013, 12:20 PM
mrinsane

Sorry Oilers fans but Yaks value is zero now .. high talented but lazy and stupid to level up his play. MTL/EDM are not good trade partner at the moment

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:

Good thing your not running that team. Bergevin could and probably would offer more if Yak was available.
I don't see how it is possible. If the Habs make a better Package like Eller+ 1st roud pick+ Beaulieu, Habs will target Evander Kane and not Yakupov.