HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Your team's sniper to the Canucks

Old
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
No interest in glass players.
That glass player has 118 in the 132 games he has played. Yes, we are definitely interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK 17 View Post
Lupul certainly intrigues me, don't get me wrong he has many flaws but he's the type of offensive player we've been lacking for years. He's obviously atrocious defensively but paired with a guy like Kesler I don't see that being as much of an issue.
I would try him with the Sedins first, though a line of Burrows/Kesler/Lupul could be something. Either way, I would certainly consider Tanev+ or Edler if Lupul were in play. His aforementioned point total overshadows his injury history, imo.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
Is it just me or is this stupid cap management? Canucks have one of the best d-corps in the league, a number of offensively gifted forwards, good goaltending...and a bottom 6 that mostly belongs in the AHL.

Address that balance issue and the Canucks'll start piling up wins. Adding another high prices scorer won't help them in the standings very much. 3 more low key, inexpensive, and NHL-quality bottom 6 forwards would go a lot farther than a Setoguchi type.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
EA Sports GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Is it just me or is this stupid cap management? Canucks have one of the best d-corps in the league, a number of offensively gifted forwards, good goaltending...and a bottom 6 that mostly belongs in the AHL.

Address that balance issue and the Canucks'll start piling up wins. Adding another high prices scorer won't help them in the standings very much. 3 more low key, inexpensive, and NHL-quality bottom 6 forwards would go a lot farther than a Setoguchi type.
Trickle-down effect, if you acquire someone for the top 6, it bumps a defensively responsible tweener (Higgins, Hansen, Santo) down, where they can insulate the bottom 6 a bit.

EA Sports GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Vanek.

Please, Gillis.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
Tanev and Lack/Gaunce for Vanek.

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Castle1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
That glass player has 118 in the 132 games he has played. Yes, we are definitely interested in him.

I would try him with the Sedins first, though a line of Burrows/Kesler/Lupul could be something. Either way, I would certainly consider Tanev+ or Edler if Lupul were in play. His aforementioned point total overshadows his injury history, imo.
Since nonis dicked around the Canucks in the Luongo trade i have a strong hate for the leaves. i hate them and i hate their players.

Irrational? Certainly. I hate lupul and his fragility (is that a word?). Hate him and dont want him. When I see his face i want to kick him in the throat.

If we got him would 3 games of him getting points win me over??? Maybe.

Tanev plus a bit would be ok although I think Tanev is very good and has lots of upside. Edler for lupul? leaves need to add. Don't get me wrong...i hate lupul and dont want him but i get he would be a good piece and would score for us.

I just do not see a deal being made between nonis and Gillis. Too much bad blood...most people in life do not get over this and those two don't seem to be the types to man up and get over things imo.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Vanek.

Please, Gillis.
With the 71.1 million cap I'm all for this now. Go hard or go home. Give me a decent offer say 7x7? Vanek will be fairly close to his summer home, but also be given a good chance to win and play in the playoffs.
Vanek is also the right age to add to this core, he can stick around after the Sedins retires with Kesler and be the go to scorer.

Tanev Jensen 2014 1st

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
huntison

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
With the 71.1 million cap I'm all for this now. Go hard or go home. Give me a decent offer say 7x7? Vanek will be fairly close to his summer home, but also be given a good chance to win and play in the playoffs.
Vanek is also the right age to add to this core, he can stick around after the Sedins retires with Kesler and be the go to scorer.

Tanev Jensen 2014 1st
Deal. Only if resigned.

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post

I'm sorry but which of Booth, Richardson, Hansen, Weise or Kassian belong in the AHL? All these guys are at worst above average 4th liners.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Deal. Only if resigned.
I'd go as high as 7.5 million cap hit if it came too it. Canucks lack this exact type of sniper and he's no stranger to the front of the net and potted the garbage on the PP. Gives the Canucks a legit first line player to play with Kesler or on the top line with the Sedins.
Underrated playmaker too.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:56 PM
PTH

How about Rene Bourque ? Say for a 3d rounder and an expiring contract.

PTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH View Post
How about Rene Bourque ? Say for a 3d rounder and an expiring contract.
Bourgue for Booth straight up

Old
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
whats your best offer for Ryder?

Devils need picks and close to NHL ready forward prospects.
2nd round pick.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
I'm sorry but which of Booth, Richardson, Hansen, Weise or Kassian belong in the AHL? All these guys are at worst above average 4th liners.
I think he meant Dalpe, Welsh and Sestito, which I agree with

That being said, acquiring someone to play on the 2nd line, instead of say Hansen or Booth, would allow a guy like Richardson to move down to the 4th line, essentially becoming one of the best 4C's in the league

Gives the Canucks something like

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
X player - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Santorelli - Higgins
Hansen - Richardson - Weise
whoever

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Garrison
Bieksa - Stanton

makes the lineup very solid from top to bottom when everyone is healthy

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
Tanev and Jensen or Jensen and 1st 2014

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Tanev and Lack/Gaunce for Vanek.
I guess I would do this. Props for making a good proposal.
Quote:

Tanev Jensen 2014 1st
Make the 1st a 2nd and I would do it
Quote:
Bourgue for Booth straight up
I would do this easily.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:27 AM
AmeriHab

Danny Briere or Gionta from the Habs

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Danny Briere or Gionta from the Habs
Briere has a two year deal and is not playing particularly well. Pass. I actually wouldn't mind Gionta, but hesitant because of his one dimensional, "shoot first" mentality, limiting his versatility. Gionta would be useless with Kesler, thus it's either the Sedins or bust for him.

Only way Van takes that gamble is if Montreal held back salary, and probably a good portion of it.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

What's the plus?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
I think he meant Dalpe, Welsh and Sestito, which I agree with

That being said, acquiring someone to play on the 2nd line, instead of say Hansen or Booth, would allow a guy like Richardson to move down to the 4th line, essentially becoming one of the best 4C's in the league

Gives the Canucks something like

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
X player - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Santorelli - Higgins
Hansen - Richardson - Weise
whoever

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Garrison
Bieksa - Stanton

makes the lineup very solid from top to bottom when everyone is healthy
When our lineup is healthy none of those players are on our roster. The posters said most of our bottom 6 is made of mostly AHL players which is not true.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:42 PM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
Quote:
Actually Alex Burrows is a much better fit with the twins than Carter was.
Burrows is no where near the fit Carter was for the twins, for everything Carter lacked (skating speed, defensive awareness) he fit the Sedins like a glove and currently two players I would love to see with them are Patric Hornqvist and also Eric Fehr. The reason these guys would make good fits is that they know where to go to score goals and are good shooters.

sdbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
I guess I would do this. Props for making a good proposal.

Make the 1st a 2nd and I would do it

I would do this easily.
Gotta give to get man. Vanek being the best option out there and Canucks probably have the biggest need for him. It's easier just to pay than it is to ***** and complain over what? One round of drafting in a crap draft year?
Meh two first round picks last summer make me not even care if the Canucks pick this year.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Tanev and Jensen or Jensen and 1st 2014
I would do this, even though I'm incredibly high on Jensen. Vanek is more or less a maximum potential-developed version of him.

I just want that 1st to be Ehlers protected

Hansen 36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:13 PM
bossram

Poster a couple posts up mentioned acquiring Eric Fehr. If Washington is falling out of it, I think this is the type of move Gillis should be looking at: cheap-to-acquire depth scorer. His best assets are being big and being a good shooter - things we need.

I don't know if going after the big fish like Vanek is the right play. We're more or less in a transitional year. Maybe we can contend but likely not. And we still don't have a plethora of young assets. It will cost a lot for Vanek and we don't have many young, valuable pieces that are "expendable".

I say we ride it out this season, go after a cheaper option and in the offseason we'll be in much better position with more flexibility to make a big move.

bossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:41 PM
sirwilliam
Assume it's sarcasm

I don't know about Vanek. It seems pretty likely that he'll bolt for free agency.

Moulson seems to provide similar scoring, and I think we'd have a good chance of re-signing him if it was a good fit.

sirwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote