HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Philadelphia

Old
12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

vCash: 500
No from the Flyers
Don't want Gardiner
Don't want Kulemin
Couts ain't for sale.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Brayden Schenn
2nd

For

Jake Gardiner
1st
I would actually consider this. Nice job.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:11 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I would actually consider this. Nice job.
I wouldn't. Schenn is by far the best player in the deal and with the pick likely in the bottom Half the draft the player taken with it typically becomes a 3rd line player.

I have a question, why do all Leaf fans balk at package deals where they are the ones sending the best player and receiving multiple lesser players and/or better picks to make up the difference but it's perfectly fine when they do it and the other teams fans are idiots for NOT accepting their quantity for quality?

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I wouldn't. Schenn is by far the best player in the deal and with the pick likely in the bottom Half the draft the player taken with it typically becomes a 3rd line player.

I have a question, why do all Leaf fans balk at package deals where they are the ones sending the best player and receiving multiple lesser players and/or better picks to make up the difference but it's perfectly fine when they do it and the other teams fans are idiots for NOT accepting their quantity for quality?
My response was to a Philly fan who proposed this. Not sure why the bolded was needed.

Also, what has Schenn done to prove he is BY FAR the best player in this deal?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Hotlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
I believe a similar thing was dook's point. Philly doesn't want to give up Coburn, because he's the most mobile defenseman we have at this point. We need another athletic, positionally sound defenseman, like Coburn.
Haha Toronto wants Coburn to be another Gunnarsson and Philly wants Gunnarsson so they have another Coburn. I don't believe either team can afford to trade their mobile positionally sound D.

As a Leafs fan, I do not want Couturier for his asking price. If we assume his price is Gardiner and our 1st, I would rather have 2 puck moving D in Rielly and Gardiner with McClement playing shut down & Bolland as the 3C (+ our first) then have only Rielly and 3 Centers who are capable 3Cs who can sub into 2C.

We have plenty of C depth when we are healthy. No need for any new Centers unless Bolland or McClement walk or a #1 becomes available.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Renegade

No Percy, and no 1st round pick.

Gardiner for Couturier has been discussed before, and I think that's a pretty fair value.

But for Coburn I don't know, would probably have to add significant assets/picks.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Girouxtiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
No Percy, and no 1st round pick.
lol

Quote:
Gardiner for Couturier has been discussed before, and I think that's a pretty fair value.
lol

Quote:
But for Coburn I don't know, would probably have to add significant assets/picks.
Considering that we've (read: you've) removed the 1st and Percy, then we're left with Kulemin and a conditional 3rd for Coburn (arguably Philly's best dman this year). So yeah, I'd say it would take some significant assets.

You're a crazy person if your homerism doesn't let you see how ridiculous your post is haha.

As to the original proposal - I suppose the value isn't awful, but the Flyers decline without hesitation. The Flyers have the best players in the deal - I see no point in them down-grading for possible futures and scraps. Couturier is a special player. He's not for sale (and if he was, we would start with Rielly and then the Leafs can talk about what they'd have to add).

Girouxtiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:43 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
What? You're kidding right? Couts has better defensive skills than Gardiner...

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote