HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
12-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Your opinion is wrong I think. Draft pedigree matters a lot. Skill level matters a lot, even when the player isn't scoring.
I guess the question is this, do you feel any GM is going to pay your full percieved value for Yak with the way he is playing right now? I think GM's would line up at the chance to trade for him "if the price is right", but nobody is paying a king's ransom for a kid that has 9 points in 29 games...is horrible defensively...has complained in the media about his coach and icetime. It just doesn't matter were he was drafted, it's what he is right now.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Case in point.

If you look at current stars around the league, a lot of them had worse career stats at that point in their career than Yakupov

Neither is Yakupov (apart from the speculation of random HF posters).
How many of these current stars were rumored to be on the block at that time? What do you think there trade value was....at that time? If you could gurantee me that Yak becomes Kessel...or Stamkos, i'll pay you your king's ransom....but you can't.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Your opinion is wrong I think. Draft pedigree matters a lot. Skill level matters a lot, even when the player isn't scoring.
No it doesn't...

There are more draft busts in the top 10 overall picks than there are players who have met their potential as a top 10 pick...

Of course every draft produces more success outside the top 15 (or maybe even the first round) than the first 15 picks generate. Of course there are 200+ players picked after the first round, however that just proves draft position doesn't matter.

I'd say that the 1st overall player chosen is justified as the 1st overall only 50% of the time...

I agree, it's too early for Yak but it's not looking good for him and if he doesn't pan out on his ELC you could see him heading to the KHL -which is always a risk with drafting Russian players.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
How many of these current stars were rumored to be on the block at that time? What do you think there trade value was....at that time? If you could gurantee me that Yak becomes Kessel...or Stamkos, i'll pay you your king's ransom....but you can't.
I would like one of these guaranteed super star players please. I am prepared to pay you exactly...three 2nd round picks.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Neither is Yakupov (apart from the speculation of random HF posters).
If he doesn't progress he's as good as gone once his ELC is up, he'll go running to the KHL with his tail between his legs (not that I wouldn't blame him).

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:30 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Mid round pick (14th overall), he has played terribly and he looks like he is regressing. These are the years he should be getting better and better, not the other way around.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore450 View Post
What is the value of the former 1st overall right now? Any comparable? How many Yak dollars would it take to acquire him ?
that depends ...did he score a point in the last game or 2?
...if yes, then he is untouchable, and about to break out, if not, then he's a bust in the making, but, you still need to overpay because he was a 1st overall pick.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Mid round pick (14th overall), he has played terribly and he looks like he is regressing. These are the years he should be getting better and better, not the other way around.
Hfboards needs a way for clueless posters to be blocked. It's annoying to have to trudge through garbage like this to get to any worthwhile post.

Yakupov hasnt played as well this year as last, but unfortunately the Oilers are still a huge mess. Instead of having a veteran coach and veteran support to help him learn the game, he has a clueless rookie coach and a bunch of second and third year players.

I think a reasonable gm would see his value as relatively unchanged. His lackluster play this year is balanced by the fact that he scored at a 30g pace last year.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:58 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore450 View Post
What is the value of the former 1st overall right now? Any comparable? How many Yak dollars would it take to acquire him ?

What's the conversion rate for 1 "Yak Dollar" to either of the following?

or

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
No it doesn't...

There are more draft busts in the top 10 overall picks than there are players who have met their potential as a top 10 pick...

Of course every draft produces more success outside the top 15 (or maybe even the first round) than the first 15 picks generate. Of course there are 200+ players picked after the first round, however that just proves draft position doesn't matter.

I'd say that the 1st overall player chosen is justified as the 1st overall only 50% of the time...

I agree, it's too early for Yak but it's not looking good for him and if he doesn't pan out on his ELC you could see him heading to the KHL -which is always a risk with drafting Russian players.
If draft pedigree meant nothing, than Kyle Turris wouldn't have had any interest when Phoenix was trying to move him. It was his skill and draft pedigree that gave him value.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:40 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
If he doesn't progress he's as good as gone once his ELC is up, he'll go running to the KHL with his tail between his legs (not that I wouldn't blame him).
Baseless speculation.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:57 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Baseless misinformation created only to serve your own preconceived notions.

Do you have any support for this post whatsoever?

RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:07 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I would give up Adam Larsson for Nail Yakupov.

Several Devils posters don't want Nail but he'd be the perfect type of player we'd need to kick start this piss poor cast of forwards we currently have.

Adam Larsson has the same type of upside as Yakupov, both players are young and got picked in the same draft (4 picks apart) and this move helps both teams in terms of "team needs".

**** the "Russian factor"... the kid came to NA at the age of 16 and if he wanted to get paid and stay in the KHL, he wouldn't of played his junior hockey in Sarnia.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

Starbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

You would tend to think the idea that a player fleeing to Russia because he feels he is being treated like crap would lead to teams treating their player better but rather it has lead to teams finding players they can treat like crap and not say or do anything about it. Go figure.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Whether it's fair or not his value is not very high right now.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:35 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
please also tell me the lottery numbers as xmas gifts are needed since you have amazing psychic powers

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
in that case i wonder what baerschi is at right now? oilers will give you a proven nhl dman like potter or garbagekov for Sven

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:45 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
I guess the question is this, do you feel any GM is going to pay your full percieved value for Yak with the way he is playing right now? I think GM's would line up at the chance to trade for him "if the price is right", but nobody is paying a king's ransom for a kid that has 9 points in 29 games...is horrible defensively...has complained in the media about his coach and icetime. It just doesn't matter were he was drafted, it's what he is right now.
I guess my response is this, we are not trying to move Yakupov, so anyone interested would need to come at us pretty hard. The Oilers have stated a number of times that they see no problem with letting Yakupov play through this sophomore slump, so its not effecting his value. Potential counts huge, and he still has 40 goal potential in this leauge.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:51 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDevil View Post
Problem is Oiler fans are going to argue that hes a 1st overall pick with insane offensive potential who had 17 goals and 30 points as a rookie. Everyone else is going to argue hes a struggling, one dimensional top 6 winger struggling to score goals on an offensively gifted team.
The Oilers will value Yakupov as a 1st overall pick who already scored 20 goals and hasn't even played 82 games yet.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
I guess my response is this, we are not trying to move Yakupov, so anyone interested would need to come at us pretty hard. The Oilers have stated a number of times that they see no problem with letting Yakupov play through this sophomore slump, so its not effecting his value. Potential counts huge, and he still has 40 goal potential in this leauge.
I was just going off of the OP's title of what is Yak worth now. I don't see any GM's paying the price of a 40 goal scorer...i see them paying the price of a struggling sophmore who may break out. Then again, i don't see him being traded at all either...so....

Old
12-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I do question why suddenly a 48 game sample size and an 82 game one suddenly are roughly equal due to the fact we played a 48 game season, once, as opposed to the normal 82 game one. I mean, in regards to awards you kind of have to bite the bullet but in regards to overall value and projections? I don't think so.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I would give up Adam Larsson for Nail Yakupov.

Several Devils posters don't want Nail but he'd be the perfect type of player we'd need to kick start this piss poor cast of forwards we currently have.

Adam Larsson has the same type of upside as Yakupov, both players are young and got picked in the same draft (4 picks apart) and this move helps both teams in terms of "team needs".

**** the "Russian factor"... the kid came to NA at the age of 16 and if he wanted to get paid and stay in the KHL, he wouldn't of played his junior hockey in Sarnia.
This is a deal that the Oilers should explore as well. Yakupov might end up being more or a star, but we need a potential top pairing defender more than another potential top line winger, plus Larsson could really help Klefbom next season. I see it as a win-win.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:01 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
I was just going off of the OP's title of what is Yak worth now. I don't see any GM's paying the price of a 40 goal scorer...i see them paying the price of a struggling sophmore who may break out. Then again, i don't see him being traded at all either...so....
I think he has the value of a top six winger with top line, star player potential. GM's won't pay a 40 goal scorer's price for anything but a 40 goal scorer, but remember that he was on pace for around 30 last year, and that's the number that GM's should really look at.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:06 PM
vanwest

What is his value now?
Very, very high.
Unlike many HF posters, GM's of NHL teams take a long term view for the most part on prospects. That is why you didn't see Seguin traded for scraps even when Boston trumpeted his so-called character issues.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote