HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
DJOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
What is his value now?
Very, very high.
Unlike many HF posters, GM's of NHL teams take a long term view for the most part on prospects. That is why you didn't see Seguin traded for scraps even when Boston trumpeted his so-called character issues.
You could also look at what Jack Johnson and Kyle Turris returned.

I'd suggest Edler + ??? (not much) for Yakupov + Petry

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
This is a deal that the Oilers should explore as well. Yakupov might end up being more or a star, but we need a potential top pairing defender more than another potential top line winger, plus Larsson could really help Klefbom next season. I see it as a win-win.
If Larsson was offered, i agree, Edm should jump at it. As you say, Yak may become a star, but Edm's biggest need is defense...and Larsson looks really good.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post

You can suggest all you want, Oilers will just laugh and hang up.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I think he has the value of a top six winger with top line, star player potential. GM's won't pay a 40 goal scorer's price for anything but a 40 goal scorer, but remember that he was on pace for around 30 last year, and that's the number that GM's should really look at.
I agree....to a point. But GM's can't disregard his struggles this season either.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore450 View Post
What is the value of the former 1st overall right now? Any comparable? How many Yak dollars would it take to acquire him ?
10 7th-round picks.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post

You mean the Jack Johnson who refused to sign a deal with Carolina? And the Kyle Turris who demanded a trade? No, those aren't good comparables, Johnson wasn't even an NHL'er yet, and Turris has done nothing with two or three years and held out during a contract extension. Horrible comparables.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I agree....to a point. But GM's can't disregard his struggles this season either.
GM's will look at what they think he will bring over his career, not his struggles for less than half a season. They can certainly argue that the struggles would decrease his value. Then we say, sorry, no, we still like him. Thanks for calling.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

A Larsson for Yakupov deal would help both franchise... we need offense and the Oilers need defense.

Pick up the pigeon carrier Lou and send his ass towards Alberta.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:24 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
If Larsson was offered, i agree, Edm should jump at it. As you say, Yak may become a star, but Edm's biggest need is defense...and Larsson looks really good.
I think that's a deal that would work for both teams. Yakupov playing the rest of this season with Jagr would do wonders for him I think. Even if it isn't as linemates, just as teammates.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I think that's a deal that would work for both teams. Yakupov playing the rest of this season with Jagr would do wonders for him I think. Even if it isn't as linemates, just as teammates.
Yup...i agree.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:37 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
I totally disagree. I am not convinced Larsson will ever have the offense to be a top pairing D. This season is a write off for the Oilers, so they may as well wait a season or two until Yak is a 40g thread and then look at trading him if the Oilers still need D help.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
This is a deal that the Oilers should explore as well. Yakupov might end up being more or a star, but we need a potential top pairing defender more than another potential top line winger, plus Larsson could really help Klefbom next season. I see it as a win-win.

As much as I hate to give up Yakupov because I love him, this is definitely a good deal for both sides.

It seems like both players need a change of scenery. With the young D depth in New Jersey and the forwards in edmonton, both players aren't getting the ice time they need to develop.

I think Yak will end up being the better player, but Larsson fills a huge need and will give the oilers and amazing young D core with him, Klefbom, Nurse and Marincin.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I totally disagree. I am not convinced Larsson will ever have the offense to be a top pairing D. This season is a write off for the Oilers, so they may as well wait a season or two until Yak is a 40g thread and then look at trading him if the Oilers still need D help.
Color me confused. It doesen't take big offense to be top pairing, it takes big defense. You can pair him with an offensive D to balance it out.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
sailorjerry96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
As much as I hate to give up Yakupov because I love him, this is definitely a good deal for both sides.

It seems like both players need a change of scenery. With the young D depth in New Jersey and the forwards in edmonton, both players aren't getting the ice time they need to develop.

I think Yak will end up being the better player, but Larsson fills a huge need and will give the oilers and amazing young D core with him, Klefbom, Nurse and Marincin.
As sad as I would see Yakupov go, I would be equally as happy to finally have someone who is a projected top pairing D.

sailorjerry96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
A Larsson for Yakupov deal would help both franchise... we need offense and the Oilers need defense.

Pick up the pigeon carrier Lou and send his ass towards Alberta.
Fair deal... only thing I would wanted added from NJ is a winger to play in top nine... don't think you folks would complain losing Brunner...

Larsson + Brunner for Yak + 3rd

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Brunner
Smyth-Arcobello-Hemsky
Gazdic-Gordon-Jones

Ference-Petry
N. Schultz-J. Schultz
Belov-Larsson
Larsen

Dubnyk
Bryzgalov*

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Color me confused. It doesen't take big offense to be top pairing, it takes big defense. You can pair him with an offensive D to balance it out.
Can you name me a player you would consider a top pairing D that puts up less than 30 points a season?

Old
12-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Opado

vCash: 494
I dont know hes value... but i do see lot of talk about Yak value and how he`s nr.1 draft pick keeps his value up. I just can`t understand that logic. "Hey he sucks ass and is -19 atm but hey, hes nr.1 from 2012 so give us something good, like really solid young top4 D". Please.. If nr.1 draft pick makes player so valuable then i guess Pens would be stupid not to trade Maatta for Yak? Or nr. 17 pick of that year, Thomas Hertl?

Just let the kid figure it out. He might do what Thorton did or he might do what Daigle did. Atm, you should not even think trading him, but if you do, you aint gonna get what hes potential upside is. But you get much more than what hes lowest side can be.

It is true that you cant keep up with same great pace all the time tough. The values in the world of sport are performance-based. A common cliché in sport is that you are only as good as your last game. If your significance and self-worth are determined by your last performance on the sports field, then you have a problem. Even the greatest of sportspeople cannot achieve to the same standard all the time.

Last edited by Opado: 12-10-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Opado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Can you name me a player you would consider a top pairing D that puts up less than 30 points a season?
Can you tell me why we all have to accept that Yak will be a star because we can't evaluate him on his young carreer, yet in the same breath, we should just accept that Larrson is topped out in his progression?

The last thing an Oilers fan should be worrying about is offensive production from their D. Your forward group can score plenty.....your defense needs to worry about keeping the puck out of the net.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I agree.

No need to rush into a trade at this point. I would think we are more likely to see the Oilers move their 1st then Nail, who is further along in his development.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ryan McDonagh has only scored in that range once, as I recall.

12-10-2013, 02:16 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
A lot of people considered Marc Staal a top pairing defenseman before his eye injury, and he as barely a 10 point d-man. Karl Alzner I don't think gets 30. Robin Regehr never did while with Calgary. Plus, 30 points isn't that difficult to reach for a defenseman with even slightly above average skills.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Can you tell me why we all have to accept that Yak will be a star because we can't evaluate him on his young carreer, yet in the same breath, we should just accept that Larrson is topped out in his progression?

The last thing an Oilers fan should be worrying about is offensive production from their D. Your forward group can score plenty.....your defense needs to worry about keeping the puck out of the net.
A top pairing D needs to be able to play big minutes and move the puck well and put up points. A defensive only D that can't contribute on the offensive side isn't going to be worth giving up a player with the potential of a Yakupov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Ryan McDonagh has only scored in that range once, as I recall.
A valid example, although one could say his lack of production is because of the style of the team he plays on. Besides, I don't see Rangers fans jumping at the idea of a Yakupov for McDonagh deal.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
A top pairing D needs to be able to play big minutes and move the puck well and put up points. A defensive only D that can't contribute on the offensive side isn't going to be worth giving up a player with the potential of a Yakupov.

A valid example, although one could say his lack of production is because of the style of the team he plays on. Besides, I don't see Rangers fans jumping at the idea of a Yakupov for McDonagh deal.
Wait, so you think NJ is playing a wide open offensive style?

Old
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Wait, so you think NJ is playing a wide open offensive style?
No but Larrson has never put up offensive numbers. Not in the Swedish league, and he certainly hasn't shown any offensive production in the NHL to quiet those worries. McDonagh has a 32 p season in his young career, Larsson hasn't hit 20 yet.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:29 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 50
Yakupov has outright said he doesn't like to skate, doesn't like to forecheck, doesn't like to play defense. Russian scouts are saying he plays no defense and won't make it in the NHL as a one-dimensional player who doesn't utilize his teammates. Yet he's worth Adam Larsson to the NJ Devils?

The Devils demand skating, demand forechecking, demand defense from every player that takes the ice. They demanded it from Kovalchuk who has 10 times the resume Yak has.

The idea that Yak is worth Larsson is reactionary lunacy (from Devils fans) because we can't score consistently. With a level-head though, I feel like my fellow Devils fans wouldn't pull off the trade. We are all prone to that lunacy and heck I think I've been swayed to the Yak boat with my fair share of reactionary lunacy from time to time but certainly not for Larsson.

The Devils would never pay the price of Adam Larsson (nevermind +) for that kind of player. D-Men develop much later and Yak comes with far more glaring concerns as a player and a person than Adam Larsson.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote