HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Will Alexander Radulov ever come back to the NHL?

Old
12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Pizza Rules
Ilya Kovalsucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyAwesome View Post
Cause in the playoffs he skipped on curfew with Sergei Kostitsyn to a bar and was generally seen as unhappy and taking it seriously.
Andrei*

Pizza Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
GalchenyukSting*

Maybe.

GalchenyukSting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
BeersHockey

Have you seen this guy lately? He looks all beer chubby, probably no where near in shape for the NHL. He is living the dream - playing hockey in his home country for millions of bucks and he gets to party all the time because he is just that much better than everyone else. It's like getting paid to go play pee-wee at the age of 21 (or 19 for my north of the border friends).

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I can't get over the amount of hate supposed "me first" players get. As if any of you give one real **** about the company you work for.
I'm sorry, I've been with the same engineering firm for the last 6 years now (hired after graduation). Love the atmosphere, flexibility, benefits and salary that I have here, so why would I leave??

I guess Radulov was not happy about the entire league, since he decided to bolt twice from North America

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
I'm sorry, I've been with the same engineering firm for the last 6 years now (hired after graduation). Love the atmosphere, flexibility, benefits and salary that I have here, so why would I leave??

I guess Radulov was not happy about the entire league, since he decided to bolt twice from North America
Say what you will about his attitude (which is probably warranted either way), but I wouldn't think twice about doing what I love at home, close to the family, and being paid 2x as much as I could get in a workplace halfway across the globe with no friends/family and making less money. He probably just wanted to come and try out what it'd be like in the NHL. However, Nashville did nothing wrong in asking him to keep the same level of professionalism they ask for in their players and he didn't do it. I highly doubt he'll ever be back in his good years. Maybe when he's old as hell and wants a chance at the Cup as he's already done everything back in the KHL. I doubt anyone would want him then though.

Flowzak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Djp

Nashville had his rights....

This summer he is a UFA being 27 on July 1st.

He is under sontract in the KHL

Will he return to the NHL---yes---purpose would be to win the stanley cup. He would return to a team who is loaded.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
TheOllieC
panthers #badnwagon

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Carolina?
He was probably thinking of Dadonov

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
For the opposition.....amirite???

It isn't happening anyways.
For both goaltenders.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
CanadianSharks

I seriously doubt it, but I'd like to see him return.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
JoeCool16

Hope he'll return. NHL can always use talented, exciting players and he's definitely that. As for returning...

There's competition, which is overall better than the KHL if that's something he's interested in. There's history, and it's possible he'd want to leave his mark playing for a team that's been part of the oldest and best hockey league. I'd argue it'd be a better league to leave a legacy in, although he would probably be more dominant in the K.

For reasons to stay, he'll make more money (NHL cap is going up, but I don't see a FA out of the KHL at 29/30 getting the 9 million he's getting now), he's close to home and his home culture (if that's what he wants) and he brings legitimacy to his league by being a guy that could definitely succeed in the NHL but chooses to remain home. Maybe he's patriotic?

I'd take him on my team in a snap though. Would I worry he'd bolt if things went bad? Maybe. But I'd take that chance for sure.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
last i heard carolina still had his rights. he has nhl talent the contract rules just dont work for every player
Carolina? unless I missed something Carolina doesn't have his rights

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Garbage Goal

I don't doubt that he has a bad attitude for a team game, but the priority for most players is money. Other things do get consideration for players, but money is by far the biggest thing for them. You'll rarely see someone take a massive pay cut and any pay cuts taken are usually speculation and/or relatively minor. Money and salary come before everything else even if other things are a part of it at times and Radulov is getting paid probably more then twice as much as he would receive in the NHL in a place that's as close to home as he can get while playing professional hockey.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post

Those all sound like selfish reasons to me, which there is nothing at all wrong with.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:49 PM
neutral*

I'll take him on the Canucks. He's one of the best non NHL players.

neutral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:50 PM
FAMOUSfin

He'll probably sign with a team near league minimum just so he can play in he playoffs and then go back to the KHL.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Zine

Radulov was treated like crap by the media upon his return to Nashville. Some of it brought upon himself however.

Nonetheless Radulov is a hothead. Sergei Fedorov (GM of CSKA) stripped him of his captaincy because of discipline problems...gave it to Morozov.

Regardless, a happy and content Radulov is a legitimate 1st line NHLer.

Last edited by Zine: 12-10-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:57 PM
surdle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I can't get over the amount of hate supposed "me first" players get. As if any of you give one real **** about the company you work for.
Actually I will shed my last drop of blood for the company I work for. I could be making 3x what I earn per hour. But chose to remain. And my wife is ok with my desicion.

surdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:00 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

As a Preds fan I wish he never left and would love him back. Poile can't seem to draft skilled forwards but when he finally does, it's Radulov who got homesick.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Radulov was treated like crap by the media upon his return to Nashville. Some of it brought upon himself however.
Huh? I mean the Nashville media kept asking him about why he left and he obviously was uncomfortable with those questions but I don't think anyone treated him like crap.

Unless you are referring to him and AK being ratted out for being out past curfew by a media member.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdle View Post
Actually I will shed my last drop of blood for the company I work for. I could be making 3x what I earn per hour. But chose to remain. And my wife is ok with my desicion.
You should reconsider....unless you have some family money. Then you can do whatever you want.

Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by surdle View Post

OK, but I doubt your job is half-way across the globe.

If you were working in Russia and a Canadian company offered you 3x your current salary, you'd be home in a heartbeat.

Screw company loyalty.

Old
12-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Huh? I mean the Nashville media kept asking him about why he left and he obviously was uncomfortable with those questions but I don't think anyone treated him like crap.

Unless you are referring to him and AK being ratted out for being out past curfew by a media member.

Not only did the media rat out Radulov for breaking of curfew, they blew it waaaaaay out of proportion.
Radulov/Kostitsyn were no less than an hour late, returning from dinner at a non-alcohol serving establishment.

Plus there was that TV analyst who character assassinated Radulov (complete with 'select' video clips) despite 90% of Nashville players performing much worse (I'm looking in your direction Suter/Weber).

NHL 'Good ole boy' media types were out for blood with Radulov from the beginning.

Old
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
cgf
Fire [new coach]

He'll come win a cup for Roy in Colorado in a few years after we win #1!!!!!!

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

No. And I hope he doesn't to be honest.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Arthur

vCash: 833
He has a massive paycheck and is an authoritative player in the club and league all around, even if disliked by many.

Why disrupt anything when he obviously is content with the situation?

Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote