HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Burmistrov

Old
12-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

vCash: 500
Dallas could really use him and they've done everything they can to make Nichushkin welcome. He'd be another young cog and really fill a hole as the 2nd/3rd line center. I doubt they want to give up something huge but they have several 2nd tier prospects that could be used to get a deal done.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:03 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
If scenario 2 happened. The value of Burmistrov is going to be really low....and it's gonna suck for the jets.
There are a couple of reasons:
1. Winnipeg basically has no leverage as they are merely holding on to a "dead weight player" that doesn't want to play for them.
2. There is higher probability and a fear that Burmistrov will flee back to the KHL whenever a team fails to please him. This would scare a lot of gms away and the fear will be stronger since he is Russian.
3. His character will be constantly questioned. These rumours (true or not) will definitely hurt his value.
4. This article shows that Winnipeg has tried to deal Burmistrov and apparently failed to get anything of value - http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/07/0...-thrashersjets

Quote from article:
"Yet, Cheveldayoff failed to swing a deal, leaving the Jets with nothing in return for what GMs like to call an asset."

5. Burmistrov won't sign a contract in this scenario which would severely hinder his value even more.... You would only be acquiring the rights of the player.

I'm not sure how much worth Gms put in getting points in other leagues. It doesn't necessarily translate to the smaller NHL rinks and style of play but he is a top pick so Burmistrov will probably get a chance to prove himself in the NHL but his previous production is rather disappointing for such a high pick.
That article was written by a columnist who covers a lot of different sports. He's not a name in hockey, and likely has very little connections outside of face value quotes he pulls from other reporters.

theIceWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
nucksauce

I believe with tension likely between the two sides regardless who is coaching Burmi won't be back in the peg. That being said I would say a close comparison could be what happened with Turris a couple years back. Value not the same of course. GM's offer conditional draft picks and future considerations all the time now. Traded with conditions would be a viable option to go say he stays and plays Winnipeg attains a 1st or whatever.

Reading above the proposition to send him Detroit is/would be the best fit. A deal around Riley Sheahan and conditional picks could work for both sides.

nucksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
drw02
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksauce View Post
I believe with tension likely between the two sides regardless who is coaching Burmi won't be back in the peg. That being said I would say a close comparison could be what happened with Turris a couple years back. Value not the same of course. GM's offer conditional draft picks and future considerations all the time now. Traded with conditions would be a viable option to go say he stays and plays Winnipeg attains a 1st or whatever.

Reading above the proposition to send him Detroit is/would be the best fit. A deal around Riley Sheahan and conditional picks could work for both sides.
Doubt Wings are going to give up a player unless they have an agreed contract in place with Burmi. Sheahan isn't a great prospect but Wings have high hopes of him being a shutdown 3rd-4th line center who can chip in a little offense. More realistically though I think it would just be a conditional pick. If Burmi meets the criteria laid out it becomes a 1st, if not its a mid to late rounder. Can't really see anyone offering more than that at this point.

drw02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:17 PM
nucksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw02 View Post
Doubt Wings are going to give up a player unless they have an agreed contract in place with Burmi. Sheahan isn't a great prospect but Wings have high hopes of him being a shutdown 3rd-4th line center who can chip in a little offense. More realistically though I think it would just be a conditional pick. If Burmi meets the criteria laid out it becomes a 1st, if not its a mid to late rounder. Can't really see anyone offering more than that at this point.
Thats what Im leaning twords aswell offered the Shehan proposal due to off ice troubles and slow progress

Old
12-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Mr Positive

vCash: 50
How about Omark straight up for his rights?

The Jets are a big physical team. Omark would explode on that team.

Mr Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

vCash: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I'd bet money on the fact that he'd thrive in Detroit. Datsyuk is his childhood hero. If they'd be willing to give up fair value for him, it could be a win-win-win situation.
what would the jets want from Det????

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:02 PM
nucksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
what would the jets want from Det????
What Jets want and would get is the real discussion lol. Jets most likely receive a player unless it were clear space or a echl type prospect. Filitov fetched a 3rd from Ottawa or was it higher? Its most likely what the jets will receive unless its put in stone a return is guaranteed upon a trade.

Old
12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
I don't think we are interested in trading burmi. He can come back to the NHL in early march 2015 if his team does not make the playoffs. There's also rumors that he has an out clause after the first year, but I doubt the khl would allow that.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

I want no part of trading Burmi for pennies on the dollar. Watching him blossom into a 60 point second line center on another team would not be worth the 3rd round pick we'd get. Let him stay in Russia or come back to the Jets or get full value.

Him and Filatov are NOT the same thing.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
LeighDx13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I'd bet money on the fact that he'd thrive in Detroit. Datsyuk is his childhood hero. If they'd be willing to give up fair value for him, it could be a win-win-win situation.
I would be open to dealing Sheahan and a 3rd for Burmistrov. Like one of the Jets posters said, there isn't alot we would want to trade prospect wise. It would all depend on the price.

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
I want no part of trading Burmi for pennies on the dollar. Watching him blossom into a 60 point second line center on another team would not be worth the 3rd round pick we'd get. Let him stay in Russia or come back to the Jets or get full value.

Him and Filatov are NOT the same thing.
Agreed!

I'm not against trading Burmistrov, but if they'd be giving him away, I'd rather not even trade his rights.

Re Filatov: Filatov was a complete BUST. At worst, Burmi is still a very capable third liner with 2nd line upside.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
jetkarma

Not sure if he has an out or not with his contract. AFAIK nothing definitive has been detailed. Even with that , everything is open to negotiation with KHL teams.

Just my opinion but I doubt he comes back to Winnipeg , if he wants to play in the NHL I think it will be for someone else . Winnipeg won't give him away but would make a lateral trade imo .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote