HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Edmonton

Old
12-10-2013, 11:24 AM
mrinsane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
I don't see how it is possible. If the Habs make a better Package like Eller+ 1st roud pick+ Beaulieu, Habs will target Evander Kane and not Yakupov.
Kane is better anyway

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
I don't see how it is possible. If the Habs make a better Package like Eller+ 1st roud pick+ Beaulieu, Habs will target Evander Kane and not Yakupov.
Ok buddy, good luck with that.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
this. While Yakupov has great potential. Kane offers much more of what MTL needs. A winger with size and scoring skills. Not to mention he has begun to produce up to his potential (not fully, but much closer than Yak). More a question of need vs "it would be nice if"

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
this. While Yakupov has great potential. Kane offers much more of what MTL needs. A winger with size and scoring skills. Not to mention he has begun to produce up to his potential (not fully, but much closer than Yak). More a question of need vs "it would be nice if"
Im not going to argue this but Kane is going to cost alot more than the package he proposed, switch Eller with Gally and drop the first to a second or third and your closer in value imo.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Gretter

Quote:
I never said that Edmonton should sell Yakupov for scraps, I just say that Bergevin should not give what Edmonton fans want and he should not enter in a bidding war for Yakupov. There are better, more complete and more affordable players available on the market.
thanks for your input, made it an extremely funny thread to read

Gretter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:34 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by donks88 View Post
thanks for your input, made it an extremely funny thread to read
I love threads like this: 2 new people added to the ignore list. Makes the site better to read.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I love threads like this: 2 new people added to the ignore list. Makes the site better to read.
I know you will not probably read this, but i really don't understand why people go on a forum if it's only to read and chat with people that think exactly like you. Personnaly i have no one on my ignore list. The only people deserving to be on that list would probably be instanly ban by the moderators.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Not even sure the Habs trade Bournival straight up for Yakupov. Bournival is a local talent and a heart and soul player. You win Stanley cup with players like Bournival you win 1st overall pick with players like Yakupov.
Keep your overrated garbage, we'll keep the recent #1 pick thanks.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
This overrated garbage still has more points this year and a better +- than Yakupov. I have explain my position in other post. You could keep your underrated 9 points superstar, i am more than fine with that.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
Your post is as bad as his. Bournival isn't garbage. Sure he's not worth Yakupov in terms of trade value (even if he is outscoring said #1 pick), but he's not garbage.

Quote:
This overrated garbage still has more points this year and a better +- than Yakupov. I have explain my position in other post. You could keep your underrated 9 points superstar, i am more than fine that.
Give it up. Seriously. No one agrees with you or anything you've said thus far.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
This overrated garbage still has more points this year and a better +- than Yakupov. I have explain my position in other post. You could keep your underrated 9 points superstar, i am more than fine that.
yeah no one is worrying about the +/- of individuals too much on a team that is loaded with big - numbers. The kid is having a tough time in his 2nd season (after not even a full season) no one wants to give up on a kid and sell him for scraps. If teams want to offer a good return then people would listen but he's not at the point where you sell low on the kid because even with all his struggles you can still see glimpses of what he's capable of and if the return is a steaming pile of crap I'd rather wait and see if he figures it out in Edmonton.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Beaulieau, Bournival, 1st rounder 2014
I would pass on this from the Habs' POV. I'm not a big Beaulieu fan, but I think he has the basic skill/talent level to be a top-4 option on D some day. And Bournvial has been pretty impressive as a speedy 2nd/3rd line guy. Add in our 1st, which could still be relatively high despite the recent win streak, and I think it just adds up to too many pieces for a team which is building like the Habs are. Yakupov may well turn out to be a top line scoring star, but there is enough risk associated with him now that I wouldn't give up all that depth from the Habs' side to gamble on Yakupov.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
waitin425

I Love how the initial proposal became something centred around Bournival straight up for Yak. My reasoning for the thread was to open up some discussion on what the Oilers would be interested in and to gauge the patience level of the fan base and potential for a steal. Yes, there I said it....I want to rob you of Yakupov.

These things happen all the time in the NHL when certain players for whatever reason aren't gelling with a team. The two examples I drew from was JVR in Philly and Turris in Ottawa. Both players are much closer to their potential now then when with the team that drafted them. If I was an Edmonton fan I would be as patient as possible, but eventually that patience wears out and I would want to get what I can for him. Kudos to you Edmonton fans for sticking to your guns!

As for my original proposal. I'll call it a robbery but only based on the potential that Yakupov has. The return I offered is still very good IMHO and fills needs going forward that the Oilers have.

To those Oiler fans comparing Yak to Chucky.....their potential is equal but Chucky is looking like he has the higher probability of reaching that potential which for me makes him more valuable.

Fun read!

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Klefbom, 2015 1st, Roy for Galchenyuk.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
I Love how the initial proposal became something centred around Bournival straight up for Yak. My reasoning for the thread was to open up some discussion on what the Oilers would be interested in and to gauge the patience level of the fan base and potential for a steal. Yes, there I said it....I want to rob you of Yakupov.
Sorry for that. I never wanted to say that Bournival has more potential than Yakupov, i just wanted to say that Bournival should not be trade right now: he is a local talent on a cheap ELC, he has a great attitude, skates really fast and his value could just go up.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
Oh dude.. he's really not going anywhere. Looking to be that big, number 1 line center that every teams wants. 'B-' for effort though
Joe Thornton and Ryan Getzlaf are big. Is Galchenyuk the same size as them?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
Your post is as bad as his. Bournival isn't garbage. Sure he's not worth Yakupov in terms of trade value (even if he is outscoring said #1 pick), but he's not garbage.
Maybe I was a bit harsh, I bit on the bait that bad troll left. He is not garbage, just not going to pull a return like Yakupov.

Last edited by Macslow*: 12-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:28 PM
HABSFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall04 View Post
Lets take a look at HF opinions on Hall vs. Seguin since their draft years

draft= Hall>Seguin
2010= Hall>>>>Seguin
2011= Seguin>>>>Hall
2012= Hall>>>>Seguin
this season= Hall=Seguin

Things change with young players, right now its quite obvious Galchy is playing better, lets just wait until they play more then 80 games before we label one as superior to another.
That's why I ended my sentence with 'right now'.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:31 PM
HABSFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Joe Thornton and Ryan Getzlaf are big. Is Galchenyuk the same size as them?
No. Does that make him small? He's 6 foot 1, and 196 lbs.

.. oh and 19 years old. He might just fill out a tad more.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
That's why I ended my sentence with 'right now'.
And which sane GM is going to use their "right now" value?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 02:38 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

OP

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Im not going to argue this but Kane is going to cost alot more than the package he proposed, switch Eller with Gally and drop the first to a second or third and your closer in value imo.
Galchenyuk is obviously not on the table, and if Kane is moved its only because Chevy has decided to auction him off, so Eller+ Beaulieu+1st is a start point, and a good one.

As far as Yakupov, again, he's a good yound develloping player (who has alot of room for defensive improvement), but he isn't a true need. He's more a great luxury. But he's definately worth alot more than Bournival....if his name was Peladeau he would be a God for xenophobic Quebeckers.

Old
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Bournival >> Roy, but 1st is probably a top-5 pick, which would be interesting. Fair value offer, IMHO. But while I wouldn't give up the Habs' depth of futures to get Yakupov, I also wouldn't take the multiplicity of nice futures for Galchenyuk. There's a decent equilibrium in place and I would just stand pat on both sides.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Roy is very similar to Bournival. But as blind garden said.....not really useful for either team.

Old
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Chacal667

another small foward, I'd love to see a duo of galchenyuk and yakupov at the nhl level, but the habs have too many small fowards...

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote