HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La-cal

Old
12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Flames rebuilder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i wouldn't do that trade if i was dean Martinez is already a better defenseman then Smid and u want to add clifford doesnt make sence to me.
Smid's under appreciated. He'll never dazzle anyone with offensive ability but he's physical and he'll block more shots in a night than most guys in a month. That's why it's so hard to gauge his value, he excells at all the unsung aspects of the game.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Flames rebuilder

Smid for Clifford, Gravel + 2nd?

Old
12-10-2013, 04:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Smid's under appreciated. He'll never dazzle anyone with offensive ability but he's physical and he'll block more shots in a night than most guys in a month. That's why it's so hard to gauge his value, he excells at all the unsung aspects of the game.
This is not a slight to Smid at all I very much respect the value Smid. He would be a good addition to the kings but Martinez is a top 4 defenseman on alot of teams. He even played top four last year before he got hurt and looked really good. I belive we have only lost once this year with Martinez playing. I think that my fellow king fan black is underestimating him is all. I would be fine with Clifford and a late pick for him and before you say thats a understatement Clifford is one of my fav king players and i take great pains in trading him.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Not happening.

Us kings fans are very high on Gravel. In fact, some of us have him ahead of Forbort with higher ceiling.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Umm where to start ok on clifford going for him next no way were tradeing our top (according to some ) d prospect ( to me its forbert but its close) we dont have our own 2nd this year or next they went to buffalo for robin regher We do have a 2nd coming in 14 or 15 from toronto however it is there choice what year we get it.

Old
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
This is not a slight to Smid at all I very much respect the value Smid. He would be a good addition to the kings but Martinez is a top 4 defenseman on alot of teams. He even played top four last year before he got hurt and looked really good. I belive we have only lost once this year with Martinez playing. I think that my fellow king fan black is underestimating him is all. I would be fine with Clifford and a late pick for him and before you say thats a understatement Clifford is one of my fav king players and i take great pains in trading him.
I like Clifford, I think it would be a mistake for the King's move him. That being said, the Flames defense isn't exactly solid and even less physical. Our strong point, right now, is a lot of young, skilled bottom 6 prospects. It doesn't make sense to trade from a position of weakness for an already strong position. It's funny, cause I'm sure something based around Smid for Clifford would have really interested the Oilers

Last edited by Flames rebuilder: 12-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old
12-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
No thanks. Gio's value to the Flames right now worth more than any team would be ready to trade away.
I would have thought Giordano's value to the Flames is worth whatever they can get for him in a trade. Unless you think he will still be there by the time the Flames are a cup contender?

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
I would have thought Giordano's value to the Flames is worth whatever they can get for him in a trade. Unless you think he will still be there by the time the Flames are a cup contender?
Everyone has a price...that just wasn't it! He's signed to be the captain for 2 more years, the Flames will be patient and wait for the right deal to come around.

Old
12-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
But you're not Dean, I'm Dean.
I'm Dean now

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I like Clifford, I think it would be a mistake for the King's move him. That being said, the Flames defense isn't exactly solid and even less physical. Our strong point, right now, is a lot of young, skilled bottom 6 prospects. It doesn't make to trade from a position of weakness for an already strong position. It's funny, cause I'm sure something based around Smid for Clifford would have really interested the Oilers
Personally i couldnt agree with you more about clifford. He only needs more ice time to make the next step imo. If he got 12 -15 mins a game he would be a 15-20 goal scorer and be top 10 in hits. However La has alot of players like him in there system. Sutter loves king and is using him instead of clifford in the role of scoring with the better linemates. I honestly could see him play 2line lw in the future after increasing his mins. It will take a year or two to get him used to the mins however. I would like to see him get the opportunity to play more and he would in calgary. Personally id rather see Clifford in the east so he wouldnt hurt la as much but if hes in the west Calgary seem like a better fit to me. Yes it would suit the oilers however i dont see us trading with them now that there in the division or the fraser fisasco

Old
12-10-2013, 05:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
No. Not really close even imo.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Personally i couldnt agree with you more about clifford. He only needs more ice time to make the next step imo. If he got 12 -15 mins a game he would be a 15-20 goal scorer and be top 10 in hits. However La has alot of players like him in there system. Sutter loves king and is using him instead of clifford in the role of scoring with the better linemates. I honestly could see him play 2line lw in the future after increasing his mins. It will take a year or two to get him used to the mins however. I would like to see him get the opportunity to play more and he would in calgary. Personally id rather see Clifford in the east so he wouldnt hurt la as much but if hes in the west Calgary seem like a better fit to me. Yes it would suit the oilers however i dont see us trading with them now that there in the division or the fraser fisasco
Kind of surprised you didn't ask about Kris Russell, given the season he's having, cheap cap hit and UFA status.

Old
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Kind of surprised you didn't ask about Kris Russell, given the season he's having, cheap cap hit and UFA status.
to be honest we are looking more of a defensive minded shot blocker and smid and gio fit our needs more. We already have slava and drew with muzzin and martinez all offensive minded defenseman. We re looking to replace mitchell or greene or maybe regher for next year with mitchell and greene being ufa at the end of the season.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
go4hockey

There is very little chance of DL making a trade with roster players let alone multiple roster players going the other way. Jones and TT are going no where Scrivens is a UFA at season end and Jones will be the back up next year

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:14 PM
CanadienShark

I don't see Calgary being interested.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Toxic0n

vCash: 1419
Giordano has an NTC, so what makes you think he'd definitely waive to go to LA? He has even less value than Iginla, people expecting three 1sts are out to lunch

Toxic0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Martin Jones would be interesting. We're familiar with him here in Calgary - but we just gave away a goalie because we're confident in what we have, so unless Ramo or Berra is going back the other way (which I don't see happening), it's a moot point.

Now Fobort, I could see Calgary having a bit of interest. He`s a project, but he`s still intriguing.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Giordano has an NTC, so what makes you think he'd definitely waive to go to LA? He has even less value than Iginla, people expecting three 1sts are out to lunch
At this point, I don`t think Giordano has less value than Iggy for several reasons.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
He has a NMC and the next year he has a NTC. Basically if he wants to win and was a Sutter guy, he could waive for LA.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:42 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
I'm Dean now
My turn.

Quote:
I don't know if Giordano would waive to go anywhere, but if he did waive I can't see why LA wouldn't be a consideration. Sutter, Regehr, familiar with the team, same conference, plenty of decent reasons.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 456
That's pretty bad for the Flames. The Flames need top end pieces, they have enough middle line players.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Reclamation Project
What will we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Toffoli would have to be included with the 1st, not that other junk.
Person is hardly junk.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

We're going about this all wrong, we need to make a deal that Feaster would take...something with value obviously WORSE than what we're proposing. Then all of the cosmic tumblers will fall in to place.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:22 AM
CaptainCrunch67

IF the Flames were going to move Gio, he would probably get a first and a very good prospect.

The op's package doesn't measure up to that.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Richard F Schiller
Grandmaster User

vCash: 50
I think this is a case of quality for quantity. However, if the Flames are interested in these kind of packages, the Leafs could do better for Giordano:

2013 1st Round Pick (should be several spots higher than the Kings first)
2013 3rd Round Pick
Tyler Biggs / Carter Ashton
Cody Franson

Richard F Schiller is offline   Reply With Quote