HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - wpg

Old
12-10-2013, 03:36 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

vCash: 500
Bos - wpg

What would it take for Boston to pry Anthony Peluso out of Winnipeg?

Would former 1st rounder Jordan Caron do it? Maybe Caron + a 4th?

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
What would it take for Boston to pry Anthony Peluso out of Winnipeg?

Would former 1st rounder Jordan Caron do it? Maybe Caron + a 4th?
Why does Boston want Peluso? I'm not a huge Caron fan, but if I'm WPG I do that deal.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:03 PM
larmex99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1312
I doubt the Jets would sign Caron as a free agent so why trade for him and give up a "unique" asset. Am I missing something?

larmex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

So your trading away Caron + 4th for young 4th line enforcer?

Winnipeg accepts.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:07 PM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Why does Boston want Peluso? I'm not a huge Caron fan, but if I'm WPG I do that deal.
I think it's the "Thornton Panic" setting in. But in truth I've been looking for a replacement for Thornton myself. IMO he needs to rest, I'm sure he'll get at least 6 games, and will need more next year. I'm afraid his career is winding down and he'll retire shortly. I'd like to have his replacement on board so he can mesh with the team before Thornton leaves. I'd do Caron straight up or Marchand and Caron for Peluso and Cromier.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I think it's the "Thornton Panic" setting in. But in truth I've been looking for a replacement for Thornton myself. IMO he needs to rest, I'm sure he'll get at least 6 games, and will need more next year. I'm afraid his career is winding down and he'll retire shortly. I'd like to have his replacement on board so he can mesh with the team before Thornton leaves. I'd do Caron straight up or Marchand and Caron for Peluso and Cromier.
I think Jet's fans have him in the car already, en route to Boston!

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I think Jet's fans have him in the car already, en route to Boston!
Helll yes. I don't know what you think Peluso can do on the ice, but trust me it's everything and more!

Oh, but don't look at any of winnipegs tape, its been digitally enhanced to make peluso look like he's only a 4th fighter/replacement player and cormier's a borderline bottom 6 prospect. I assure you, in reality they are both very much worth the package of Caron and Marchand, -nay they're worth even more! What a deal we are giving you!..

.....in all honesty that would be an absolutely abyssmal trade for Boston. I don't know what your impression of peluso and cormier are, but they should definitly not be worth Marchand.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Oates2Neely

Pay zero attention to above B's poster offering Marchand +. He's been known to offer Bergeron for Chris Neil,, David Krejci for John Erskine, etc.

As far as Boston eventually replacing Thornton, good luck. He is a tough kid who can play a regular shift without hurting his team. I had hoped Lane MacDermid would eventually be that guy to take over for #22, but he was shipped to Texas & now resides in Calgary. Every team would love a younger Shawn Thornton, great character guy who doesn't hesitate to defend any teammate, tough as nails, and can actually play hockey.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:46 PM
JCLiponfanboy*
Kubalik For Calder

vCash: 730
Only one man can give you fair value! Holden Caufield.

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
nmbr_24

If the Bruins wanted to get a replacement for Thornton they would just call up Bobby Robins. No need to deal for someone to replace him.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:55 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Holy sheet. I like Peluso - I think he's got a lot more puck skills and hockey sense than people give him credit for when they assume he's just a fighter - but Marchand is a useful top-6 player. End of discussion. The Jets would be fighting off fits of laughter accepting that deal if it was offered.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:58 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
I'd do Caron straight up or Marchand and Caron for Peluso and Cromier.
First of all - it's Cormier not Cromier. Secondly - as a Bruin fan you should be embarrassed by those trades proposals. Trust me - every other Bruin fan is embarrassed for you.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:18 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

First off, let me start off by saying, I really like Peluso and think he's got more upside than what he's given credit for. He should imo be a regular in the JETS line-up, but of course that only happens when Thornburn is moved because Thor is one of Noel's favorites.

Having said all that, if I'm trading Peluso, I'd want one of Knight, Camara or Svedberg coming back. Not saying it makes sense from a Bruins perspective, but that's what I'd want in exchange.

Bruins are my 2nd favorite team btw.

Last edited by untouchable21: 12-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.
untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Pay zero attention to above B's poster offering Marchand +. He's been known to offer Bergeron for Chris Neil,, David Krejci for John Erskine, etc.

As far as Boston eventually replacing Thornton, good luck. He is a tough kid who can play a regular shift without hurting his team. I had hoped Lane MacDermid would eventually be that guy to take over for #22, but he was shipped to Texas & now resides in Calgary. Every team would love a younger Shawn Thornton, great character guy who doesn't hesitate to defend any teammate, tough as nails, and can actually play hockey.
I believe you full of it sir.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 1415
Quote:
Bananas.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote