HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Has the emergence of Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill in NJ made Larsson expendable ?

Old
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM
bestmyfeeling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
We dont accept losing here, sorry
just because we're oiler fans doesn't mean we "accept" losing. let's face facts...99.99% of us on here have absolutely no say whatsoever what happens to our hockey teams, we can only live we the decisions that our management makes

and let me be the first to say.....our management is full of clowns, my 5 year old could do better then them (jk) but really you won't find many oil fans that think k.lowe deserves his paycheck or that we are doing accepting the losing. Honestly, there simply isn't much choice but to embrace it, as much as HF likes to think oilers are "tanking' no fan goes into the season thinking "who are we gonna pick 1st overall this year?" sorry to burst your bubble

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:50 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Lou goes for it every year. You don't sign Jagr and Ryder along with Brunner to not go for it.

He's trying to field a team that can win in the playoffs.
Lou signed Jagr so he would still have a name on the team to sell tickets after Kovalchuk left. Ryder and Brunner are good players, but they are guys who were needed to put an NHL caliber team on the ice. They weren't guys brought in to make a run at the cup.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Lou signed Jagr so he would still have a name on the team to sell tickets after Kovalchuk left. Ryder and Brunner are good players, but they are guys who were needed to put an NHL caliber team on the ice. They weren't guys brought in to make a run at the cup.
Guess you dont know Lou then

He doesnt sell. He will go for it every year. He will most likely be an aggressive buyer come Feb-March if we are in a similar position as we are know

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:09 PM
RSeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I really would like to make a move for Brett Connolly. Perfect buy low option on a big shooting center.
He is a RW I think.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:13 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Guess you dont know Lou then

He doesnt sell. He will go for it every year. He will most likely be an aggressive buyer come Feb-March if we are in a similar position as we are know
I'll put it this way. If Lou Lamoriello, who sat on his hands most of the summer and waited for most of the big name guys to sign elsewhere, came into this season thinking his team was a contender for the playoffs, let alone the cup, then perhaps its time he let himself out to pasture.

I don't think he's delusional enough to think that. I don't think he's the type that does a full tear-down and rebuild, but he obviously is in a form of rebuild, that was brought on by his star leaving town, and his core aging. It's fairly obvious that this wasn't a playoff team coming into the year, and I don't think Lamoriello saw anything in the roster that anyone else didn't. I will give you guys credit though, you are better than you look on paper.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
MountainGoat
McDavid/Eichel

Quote:
we're talking about the same Lou right? he would never sign a player for that reason. Lou signed Jagr because he believed he would help our team and so far it's turned out to be a brilliant signing.

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Back on topic, is this NJ's drafting or is it's Tommy Albelin's influence on anything he touches in Albany. Hrabarenka goes from ECHL level defensmen to 7 points in last 7 games with 17 shots, Scarlett has in his last 5 games has 3 goals 2 assists and 13 games. Not to mention his work with Harrold, Gelinas, Merrill and Larsson. Even Dan Kelly is putting up offensive numbers.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:38 PM
MountainGoat
McDavid/Eichel

Quote:
I'll put it this way. If Lou Lamoriello, who sat on his hands most of the summer and waited for most of the big name guys to sign elsewhere, came into this season thinking his team was a contender for the playoffs, let alone the cup, then perhaps its time he let himself out to pasture.

I don't think he's delusional enough to think that. I don't think he's the type that does a full tear-down and rebuild, but he obviously is in a form of rebuild, that was brought on by his star leaving town, and his core aging. It's fairly obvious that this wasn't a playoff team coming into the year, and I don't think Lamoriello saw anything in the roster that anyone else didn't. I will give you guys credit though, you are better than you look on paper.
No and thank god he isn't, we don't want to go through what the Oilers have been doing last 7 years, that's gotta be depressing as a fan.

Old
12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
MountainGoat
McDavid/Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Back on topic, is this NJ's drafting or is it's Tommy Albelin's influence on anything he touches in Albany. Hrabarenka goes from ECHL level defensmen to 7 points in last 7 games with 17 shots, Scarlett has in his last 5 games has 3 goals 2 assists and 13 games. Not to mention his work with Harrold, Gelinas, Merrill and Larsson. Even Dan Kelly is putting up offensive numbers.
what about Scott Steven's? he has to get some of the credit, our team defense has been solid all year

even Zidlicky looks great, he might even hit 40 points on a team that struggles to score

Old
12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
MountainGoat
McDavid/Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDevil View Post
Just because the results aren't there doesn't mean that Lou wasn't/isn't trying to win with this team. We need a rebuild, but probably wont get one.
we have been rebuilding, only we do it on the fly and still try to win, look at our defense, completely rebuilt, so much young talent and we have a young #1 goalie to back them up.
We just lost Parise and Kovy in a short period of time so obviously we're going to struggle offensively, now we just gotta hope we can find a good 1st line player somewhere.

the difference between the Devils and Oilers is we try to win no matter what

Old
12-10-2013, 07:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I would think Adam Larsson's play has made Adam Larsson expendable.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:49 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
...why?

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 5064
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
NJ is in a rebuild? What makes you say that?
Sorry, IDK why I put them as rebuild, but I don't see them as that team looking for that 1 or 2 pieces to put them over the top in their SC run... obviously any team can with any year, but it is very unlikely that NJ wins the cup this year (imo).

If a team like St Louis had a guy like Larsson and decided they needed a bit more firepower, I believe Larsson for Lupul + Franson would make much more sense (especially since St. Louis has a very good group of Dmen already)... If I'm incorrect and a deal like that makes sense for you guys, then great!

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
kovultrick

Quote:
Lou signed Jagr so he would still have a name on the team to sell tickets after Kovalchuk left.
i have also thought this

Quote:
and this

but i dont want to deal with the oil

kovultrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Devilsfan118

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
How so, please, can you elaborate on your POV cause I actually think it would be a homerun of a deal if we were able to land such a stud forward... something we desperatly need moving forward with all the solid prospects we have on the backend.
In a word? Russian. Three words? Kontinental Hockey League.

Attitude problems, really struggling this year, floats on D..we went through this experiment before with an already-established Kovalchuk, and that went real well once the KHL came knockin. Kovalchuk had the drive to at least try and change under a demanding coach in PDB ..I cringe at the thought of how PDB would put Yak on the 4th line next to Cam and Sestito.

Pass.

Devilsfan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:02 PM
chunkylover53

Whatever happened to this guy? Didn't some pundits have him as a potential #1 pick in his draft year?

chunkylover53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:30 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
no, why cant we have 3 young D's

we are gonna start trapping again with them instead of Marty, Stevens, Niedermyer and Daneyko we will have Schneider, Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill
Wait, you are equating Larsson with Stevens; and Gelinas with Nieds? Dont you think ThatS a bit premature?

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
Whatever happened to this guy? Didn't some pundits have him as a potential #1 pick in his draft year?
Got leveled by Subban with a clean hit and hasn't been the same since. iirc he got a concussion off it.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:00 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Got leveled by Subban with a clean hit and hasn't been the same since. iirc he got a concussion off it.
bit of a scapegoat event for his development. wasnt really the big ruining moment everyone makes it out to be. I mean, maybe you are a Habs fan and really want the feather in your cap of Subban ruining a player but not the case sorry

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 08:38 PM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
bit of a scapegoat event for his development. wasnt really the big ruining moment everyone makes it out to be. I mean, maybe you are a Habs fan and really want the feather in your cap of Subban ruining a player but not the case sorry
i'm sorry you immediately dismiss somebody's opinion based on "maybe he's a Habs fan", but let me correct your lack of knowledge:

A CONCUSSION IS BRAIN DAMAGE - BRAIN DAMAGE DAMAGES THE BRAIN

Hence, if Larsson suffered a concussion, he also suffered Brain Damage - hence, NOT the same player, regardless of circumstance.

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 11:38 PM
RSeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
i'm sorry you immediately dismiss somebody's opinion based on "maybe he's a Habs fan", but let me correct your lack of knowledge:

A CONCUSSION IS BRAIN DAMAGE - BRAIN DAMAGE DAMAGES THE BRAIN

Hence, if Larsson suffered a concussion, he also suffered Brain Damage - hence, NOT the same player, regardless of circumstance.
He didn't have a concussion, he hurt his back on the hit from Subban.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Seriously, Larsson didnt have a concussion

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 12:58 AM
KovalSNIPE

The real reason he hasn't "emerged" yet is because DeBoer has a short leash on him. He arguably hasn't been used correctly, but in the long run it'll be a fantastic thing. He has learned, and is learning now the defensive side from some of the best (Robinson and Stevens, respectively), and once he has that down, that'll open up so many offensive opportunities and he'll break out. Don't worry, it'll come...

A top 4 of Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Severson will be dominant for years. Possibly the best top 4 defensive core in the entire NHL. Add the likes of Santini and possibly Scarlett, the future is bright for NJ

KovalSNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 02:28 AM
leova

Quote:
Seriously, Larsson didnt have a concussion
then it's all good, no worries...its just silly when people think you can just "come back 100%" from a concussion...that's just not how it works

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Devils will eventually have to move one of their youngish defensive guys for some forward help. Wouldn't be stunned if it happened this offseason.

Zidlicky, Fayne, Salvador have minimal to no value at this point in that order.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote