HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Carolina,New York Rangers,Dallas

Old
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

vCash: 500
Toronto-Carolina,New York Rangers,Dallas

Tim Gleason
4th round pick 2014

John Michael Liles
Carter Ashton

Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman
Sam Noreau

Cody Franson
Mason Raymond
Korbinian Holzer

Vern Fiddler
5th round pick 2014
7th round pick 2015

Mark Fraser
Frazer McLaren

That also still keeps many other players available to trade, including Gardiner and Kulemin.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:42 PM
bernmeister

No thank you.

Rangers give up too much.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Gerbefied
Save Us Tierney!

vCash: 571
Rangers get robbed

Gerbefied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:58 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
No thank you.

Rangers give up too much.
We give up Franson and Mason Raymond? Raymond has 19 points and Franson has 14. Stralman has 3 and Girardi has 6. I'm not saying that points has everything to do with it, but Raymond gives you speed, which I heard was a need, as well as some offensive ability. Franson gives you a monster point guy with size, PP ability, and shot (though sucks defensively, which is why he's going for a rental guy). Stralman is a probable FA after the season, and you can live without him and his 1.75 million cap hit, and Girardi is the big piece there, but not much bigger than what I've offered. Noreau and Holzer are just throw ins, because Carlyle would want to have some big guy coming back after acquiring a 5'11" guy, and for some reason doesn't like Holzer all that much

The way I look at it: Girardi>~Franson, Stralman~<Raymond, and Noreau=Holzer.

Old
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanTheGinge View Post
Rangers get robbed
How? Franson isn't a worthless piece I hope you know. You can't get guys like him for cheap in the NHL, and I'm being modest about his price due to his struggling defensive abilities this year. If you offered me Franson for Girardi last year, I'd probably reject you in a heartbeat, because Franson actually played decent defensively last year.

Old
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
We give up Franson and Mason Raymond? Raymond has 19 points and Franson has 14. Stralman has 3 and Girardi has 6. I'm not saying that points has everything to do with it, but Raymond gives you speed, which I heard was a need, as well as some offensive ability. Franson gives you a monster point guy with size, PP ability, and shot (though sucks defensively, which is why he's going for a rental guy). Stralman is a probable FA after the season, and you can live without him and his 1.75 million cap hit, and Girardi is the big piece there, but not much bigger than what I've offered. Noreau and Holzer are just throw ins, because Carlyle would want to have some big guy coming back after acquiring a 5'11" guy, and for some reason doesn't like Holzer all that much

Yeah, no thanks. We are already short on RH dmen, so we're gonna trade you 2 of them? Franson puts up more points, but he isn't close to Girardi defensively. If we wanted Raymond, we could have signed him in the offseason. AV knows him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:04 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yeah, no thanks. We are already short on RH dmen, so we're gonna trade you 2 of them? Franson puts up more points, but he isn't close to Girardi defensively. If we wanted Raymond, we could have signed him in the offseason. AV knows him.
Raymond came off of a terrible season last year. You can't use that as leverage for his current season. I could have said that about Franson last year too. Also, you get Holzer

Also, Girardi isn't even close to Franson offensively, so what's your point?

Old
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
TGWL

Quote:

You look at it wrong. We're giving up 2 Right side d-men. I'm glad Mason is doing well for you, that doesn't change that this trade is utter crap for us. And that was his point. It's crap. You may not agree, but it's crap.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM
txomisc

why on earth would Dallas want either of those players?

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
CaptainCally

Speed is nice but we're not exactly lacking in that department. Franson fills a big need, a RHD trigger man on the point. But we can't trade 2 RHD's too be honest. Is holzer right handed?

Girardi for Franson + 2nd is more in the ballpark, the 2nd turns into a 1st if Girardi is resigned.

Girardi is a minute eating workhorse who is extremely durable and defensively sound. Perfect match for Phaneuf IMO. Franson is expendable for you guys, at least to a larger degree than Girardi is for us.

Phaneuf, Rielly, Gardiner, Liles can all produce from the back end.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWL View Post
You look at it wrong. We're giving up 2 Right side d-men. I'm glad Mason is doing well for you, that doesn't change that this trade is utter crap for us. And that was his point. It's crap. You may not agree, but it's crap.
So are we, Holzer is a RHD defenseman. He's the last one in our system.

Old
12-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
No need for Fraser (we've already got better d-men playing, not counting the ones on IR) or McLaren (thugs are useless in today's game, and Antoine Roussel is more than capable of answering the bell if he so chooses.....plus he's not a liability on the ice).

I'm not sure if Fids still wants out, or if there's actual merit to reports that he did in the first place, but Dallas can definitely do better than acquire those two scraps.

12-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Gerbefied
Save Us Tierney!

vCash: 571
Quote:
How? Franson isn't a worthless piece I hope you know. You can't get guys like him for cheap in the NHL, and I'm being modest about his price due to his struggling defensive abilities this year. If you offered me Franson for Girardi last year, I'd probably reject you in a heartbeat, because Franson actually played decent defensively last year.
*Sigh* please look at New Yorks needs then have another crack at it... Just because it works in NHL 14 doesn't mean it will work in real-life.

Oh, and the bolder point just proves it even further. Who's more proven/consistent? Girardi or Franson? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...

Gerbefied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
jeromeo87

Gleason (some retained salary), Tlusty, mid pick

Kulemin, Gardiner

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post

Kulemin, Gardiner
Why would we ever do that? Tlusty is a lot worse than Kulemin. Gleason is not going to be able to ever replace Gardiner and the mid pick isn't going to do much.

Old
12-10-2013, 08:43 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanTheGinge View Post
*Sigh* please look at New Yorks needs then have another crack at it... Just because it works in NHL 14 doesn't mean it will work in real-life.

Oh, and the bolder point just proves it even further. Who's more proven/consistent? Girardi or Franson? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...
What do they need then? Obviously the Rangers fans I talked to have no idea what they're talking about then. Also, what bold point are you talking about? I only made a Raymond point bold? Also, what do you think would be a fair deal? I can almost guaranteed it involves something like Gardiner or a 1st round pick or something like that. I think at that point, unless there is something else being added, we will live without him until FA when/if he becomes an FA.

Last edited by SeaOfBlue: 12-10-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old
12-10-2013, 08:45 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
No need for Fraser (we've already got better d-men playing, not counting the ones on IR) or McLaren (thugs are useless in today's game, and Antoine Roussel is more than capable of answering the bell if he so chooses.....plus he's not a liability on the ice).

I'm not sure if Fids still wants out, or if there's actual merit to reports that he did in the first place, but Dallas can definitely do better than acquire those two scraps.
Yeah, I'm not even a fan of Fiddler. I was just throwing it out there for the picks Also, I thought Orr was the liability. McLaren was just the one who went soft, or was that Orr too?! I can't remember, McLaren hasn't played much really.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:32 PM
number72

Add in Kessel and the Rangers will do this deal

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Seven C0stanza

Why can't leafs fan just realize that nobody in the damn nhl wants liles

Seven C0stanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post

Kulemin, Gardiner
No way.

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:15 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

As a leaf fan, I accept all of these deals without hesitation which means they may be slightly in our favour

PhiladelphiaKessel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
As a leaf fan, I accept all of these deals without hesitation which means they may be slightly in our favour
Well, not the first one. The last one was just a stab in the dark, and the last one I'm not even commenting on anymore, because the Rangers are just as bad as us when valuing their players.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:31 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec72894 View Post
Why can't leafs fan just realize that nobody in the damn nhl wants liles
As a Leafs fan, I'd prefer him on the NHL team over Fraser, so that's something. Are you allowed to want your own player?

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:39 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:

it also appears 29 other teams don't like Holzer as he passed through waivers at the beginning of the season, where any team could have taken him for free and they choose not to, NYR wont just throw in a 20 year old prospect for a guy they could have had for free earlier in the year.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:43 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
it also appears 29 other teams don't like Holzer as he passed through waivers at the beginning of the season, where any team could have taken him for free and they choose not to, NYR wont just throw in a 20 year old prospect for a guy they could have had for free earlier in the year.
Earlier in the year. The same can be said about Raymond before he was signed for a million bucks to score nearly 20 points so far this year. No team claims players on waivers at that time unless they REALLY like someone who was a huge surprise for being put up and he's a good deal. Look at George Parros, put on waivers, claimed, and not too long after was traded for a 2nd round pick and an increased 3rd.