HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stan the gossip man

Old
01-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
Don't let a Coyote fan see this one. According to pretty much all of them, Michalek has been far and away their best defenseman, outplaying all of the big names. Plus he is cheap and young.
Love the Avvy! NHL95 was awsome!!!

As for the topic, I would take Nagy Doan and/or Laraque, however like has been said Laraque has a no trade clause.As for the other two, I can see them being moved if the Coyotes start reverting into playing bad hockey, but while they are playing well those guys arent going to go anywhere.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Yet they just traded Comrie
The 'Yotes haven't resigned themselves to be sellers despite Stan's incoherent ramblings. They're winning, have Reinprecht coming back to replace Comrie and now have cap space to make a late season move if they want to.

Quote:
"This allows us to be flexible, to determine whether we're a buyer or seller over the next 25 games leading up to the deadline," Coyotes manager Mike Barnett tells TSN.

"It puts us in position to take on a bigger contract if there is a fit down the road."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190679&hubname=nhl

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
scatchard and boynton for Immonen, Dawes and Malik
No way.

01-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Give me Nolan, Roenick and Ricci please. Oh and I'd love to have Jovanovski too.

Only if we can trade them straight up for Prucha, Montoya and Staal.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
JRGNYR

Just because they're winning doesn't necessarily mean they won't have their firesale. If they think they can get good value in return, and they figure success in the future means more than success this season, they'll continue to make the moves.

Fischler's not the only one who spoke of the rumor, it also showed up on Yahoo, which mentioned that Boynton is due to come back from a foot injury soon, which then gives the Coyotes 8 d-men, so they'll have to move somebody out of necessity.

The Coyotes may also wait until the deadline in 6-7 weeks before moving anybody else, figuring that trade value there will be at its highest... but that also depends on who else might be available.

Boynton would certainly provide some meanness on the blueline... His 72 PIMs lead the Coyotes, and he's only played 20 games. 2nd on the team is Morris with 69 PIMs in 39 games.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
Just because they're winning doesn't necessarily mean they won't have their firesale. If they think they can get good value in return, and they figure success in the future means more than success this season, they'll continue to make the moves.

Fischler's not the only one who spoke of the rumor, it also showed up on Yahoo, which mentioned that Boynton is due to come back from a foot injury soon, which then gives the Coyotes 8 d-men, so they'll have to move somebody out of necessity.

The Coyotes may also wait until the deadline in 6-7 weeks before moving anybody else, figuring that trade value there will be at its highest... but that also depends on who else might be available.

Boynton would certainly provide some meanness on the blueline... His 72 PIMs lead the Coyotes, and he's only played 20 games. 2nd on the team is Morris with 69 PIMs in 39 games.
It's more important for Phoenix to battle for a playoff spot than unloading players for prospects/picks.How many times has Phoenix done that?Too many.Where has it gotten them?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:06 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It's more important for Phoenix to battle for a playoff spot than unloading players for prospects/picks.How many times has Phoenix done that?Too many.Where has it gotten them?
It entirely depends on what they get in return, I would think.

The issue on defense will have to be addressed, however. Somebody will be dealt from Phoenix.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
shoothepuck

Stan jumped the gun with his ramblings, 20 more games and you'll know what shape their in on the deal side.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
NYRangerfn09

I want Nagy. Hall and a pick for Nagy. There has been tension between Nagy and the coaching staff and I think they will move him come later in the year.

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
The Zookeep

Hall and a pick for Nagy eh? Why dont we just send them a bag of rocks for him then, thats about the same value.

The Zookeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Other than Morris I'd avoid the Coyotes players...

Boynton on his best day is about as good as Aaron Ward...

Doan is doing nothing this season in a contract year..I wouldn't overpay for this guy..

I like Nagy but at what cost?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Edge

I always thought Doan was overrated.

A nice player, but I don't think he's worth what Phoenix is going to want for him.

When all is said and done a guy who most comfortably fits into the 25 goal, 60 point range. On a good team, a very solid second line guy.

I think I just always expected more from Doan. I expected a guy who was more in the 35 goal, 85 point, 100 pim range but he's never quite become that.

Last year was about as close as he's gotten and while it was good, I dunno, I still felt like I wasn't see all of his talent.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:12 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Other than Morris I'd avoid the Coyotes players...

Boynton on his best day is about as good as Aaron Ward...

Doan is doing nothing this season in a contract year..I wouldn't overpay for this guy..

I like Nagy but at what cost?
What's wrong with Laraque or Scatchard?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Edge

Laraque has a no trade clause and the question is always which Laraque you're going to get.

The one who can be a feared enforcer AND solid player, or the one who just kind of floats out there and avoids fighting or playing.

That's always the million dollar question with Laraque, plus he's said in the past that's he a small town kind of guy so there is a concern there.

Scatchard there is a concern about his ability in the new NHL. So far he looks like he is fading very fast.

Old
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Laraque has a no trade clause and the question is always which Laraque you're going to get.

The one who can be a feared enforcer AND solid player, or the one who just kind of floats out there and avoids fighting or playing.

That's always the million dollar question with Laraque, plus he's said in the past that's he a small town kind of guy so there is a concern there.

Scatchard there is a concern about his ability in the new NHL. So far he looks like he is fading very fast.
Ehh...I think Georges would love the NY spotlight...that's just me though. Scatch may not be the 25 goal scorer he once was...but does give us 4 very solid centers...all versatile too

Old
01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Is Stan on crack?
I can't believe it took 24 responces before someone asked this about stan fischler. The real question is: when will stan put down the pipe?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Ehh...I think Georges would love the NY spotlight...that's just me though. Scatch may not be the 25 goal scorer he once was...but does give us 4 very solid centers...all versatile too
I dunno, the guy himself has said he doesn't like huge cities and you can't really get bigger than NY.

That's the tough thing about being a NY team, it really is one of the most unique cities in the world and a lot of guys really can't handle it. As if getting the right players isn't hard enough, it's an extra factor on top of that already.

As for Scatch it's not just the scoring at this point so much as skating, ability to keep up and other factors.

A slower player with trouble scoring, regardless of his position just doesn't seem like a fit for this particular team at this point.

Just think both guys might be like trying to fit round pegs into square holes at this point.

Old
01-08-2007, 07:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Phoenix came close to trading a defenseman within the past few days and the deal could still happen, according to a source close to the team.

Keith Ballard, Zbynek Michalek and Ed Jovanovski are considered untouchable, and the Coyotes would be reluctant to deal veterans Derek Morris and Boynton as well.

That leaves Travis Roche, Matt Jones (both unlikely) and Dennis Seidenberg, who was a healthy scratch for the four straight game Sunday
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/ind...dest=STY-81947

Seidenberg anyone?

Phoenix won again last night-6 straight games

Old
01-08-2007, 07:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg has been a healthy scratch the past four games and is the logical candidate to be dealt to another team, likely for a draft pick or picks
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...tesnb0108.html

Old
01-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Pock AND a 4th for Laraque... no thanks.
You read my mind

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 12:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Carolina Hurricanes acquired defenceman Dennis Seidenberg from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for centre Kevyn Adams on Monday
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=191383&hubname=

Old
01-08-2007, 06:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I dunno, the guy himself has said he doesn't like huge cities and you can't really get bigger than NY.

That's the tough thing about being a NY team, it really is one of the most unique cities in the world and a lot of guys really can't handle it. As if getting the right players isn't hard enough, it's an extra factor on top of that already.

As for Scatch it's not just the scoring at this point so much as skating, ability to keep up and other factors.

A slower player with trouble scoring, regardless of his position just doesn't seem like a fit for this particular team at this point.

Just think both guys might be like trying to fit round pegs into square holes at this point.
Your bottom line can be said about Scatch...but if Laraque didn't mind the NY spotlight...boy would he be the perfect bottom line fit

Old
01-08-2007, 07:06 PM
shoothepuck

Quote:
Your bottom line can be said about Scatch...but if Laraque didn't mind the NY spotlight...boy would he be the perfect bottom line fit
As long as he dosen't come to NY with a "no fight" clause..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
As long as he dosen't come to NY with a "no fight" clause..
Don't get why some people accuse him of that. Seems like one of the best in the league easily...

Old
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Edge

Quote:
Don't get why some people accuse him of that. Seems like one of the best in the league easily...
Think it's more about when he wants to.

Laraque is kind of a poor man's Chris Simon in a lot of ways. He could play and boy could he fight, but he also has a tendency to not really want to do.

Take a guy like Orr who (criticisms aside) goes and fights. Laraque can almost be infuriating sometimes with his tendency to not drop the gloves. If Georges wants to be, he easily could be one of THE top guys in the league but as a whole he almost seems to not like fighting. For some reason I can see him becoming a big target in NY for that approach and I don't think he'd respond very well to NY fans jumping down his throat.

I think the theory is good, but I just have a bad feeling about getting him.

Personally I wish we would've brought Chris Simon back.