HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Edmonton

Old
12-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
But he's definately worth alot more than Bournival....if his name was Peladeau he would be a God for xenophobic Quebeckers.
If is name was Péladeau and he was playing like Yakupov is playing we would say that he is a young struggling forward playing for a really bad team but he has a lot of potential. We would say exactly the same team everyone is saying about Yakupov. He would definately not be seen as a God.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:16 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Beaulieu is a good prospect but you're gonna have to trade a lot more to get a player with Yakupov's potential out of Edmonton.

As someone else mentioned, would you do Klefbom, 2015 1st, Roy for Galchenyuk? I think not.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Beaulieu is a good prospect but you're gonna have to trade a lot more to get a player with Yakupov's potential out of Edmonton.

As someone else mentioned, would you do Klefbom, 2015 1st, Roy for Galchenyuk? I think not.
The OP is not enough. Nobody would truly think it is even at this stage of Yak's career. Yakupov's offensive potential is quite high.

However, let's get a bit real. Galchenyuk, so far, is proving to be a far better complete player. Galchenyuk not only puts up points, but plays this little thing called defence in regards to how responsible he is as a forward. Yakupov is an offensive minded forward who seems to forget that every player on a team must play responsibly in regards to defensive assignments. I would also point out that Galchenyuk has double the points while playing slightly less ATOI per game this season.

Yakupov has a lot of maturing to do in regards top how he plays before he has the same value as Galchenyuk. As others have said, if Galchenyuk had not missed an entire year to injury, he would have been the 1st overall pick…and still should have been when you consider what Edmonton's needs at the draft were. I was ecstatic when Galchenyuk fell to 3rd. Said it before the draft, at the draft, and since. Galchenyuk is the better overall player than Yakupov. Period.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The OP is not enough. Nobody would truly think it is even at this stage of Yak's career. Yakupov's offensive potential is quite high.

However, let's get a bit real. Galchenyuk, so far, is proving to be a far better complete player. Galchenyuk not only puts up points, but plays this little thing called defence in regards to how responsible he is as a forward. Yakupov is an offensive minded forward who seems to forget that every player on a team must play responsibly in regards to defensive assignments. I would also point out that Galchenyuk has double the points while playing slightly less ATOI per game this season.

Yakupov has a lot of maturing to do in regards top how he plays before he has the same value as Galchenyuk. As others have said, if Galchenyuk had not missed an entire year to injury, he would have been the 1st overall pick…and still should have been when you consider what Edmonton's needs at the draft were. I was ecstatic when Galchenyuk fell to 3rd. Said it before the draft, at the draft, and since. Galchenyuk is the better overall player than Yakupov. Period.
As someone else said in this thread or another I can't remember, its way too early to be judging whose going to be the better player in the future... Hall was >>>>>>>>>>> Seguin for the first 3 years and now its suddenly started to even out quite nicely this year. Whose going to be better in 2 or 3 more years? I am not betting one way or the other.

The only thing I can say about Yak and Galch is that I'm quite sure 5 years from now both teams will have a couple sweet players. One player is starting out much nicer than the other, which as history has shown doesn't mean squat in terms of where they will end up.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
As someone else said in this thread or another I can't remember, its way too early to be judging whose going to be the better player in the future... Hall was >>>>>>>>>>> Seguin for the first 3 years and now its suddenly started to even out quite nicely this year. Whose going to be better in 2 or 3 more years? I am not betting one way or the other.

The only thing I can say about Yak and Galch is that I'm quite sure 5 years from now both teams will have a couple sweet players. One player is starting out much nicer than the other, which as history has shown doesn't mean squat in terms of where they will end up.
We agree. However, if we are talking the value of a player right now (and we are) then I have to go with what we have right now in conjunction with what we feel each player will develop into. In any case, the OP is not good value for Edmonton right now, let's leave it at that.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Think about what a fair offer for Galchenyuk would be. That's what the Oilers want for Yakupov. This isn't close.
How can you ask for the same amount that Gally would get when we all know Gally is much better than Yak.Please think before you post.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:04 PM
rockinghockey

I would move Yak for Ellers plus

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:06 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would move Yak for Ellers plus
his name is mother****in eller, and no
this is ehlers http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=164346

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
If is name was Péladeau and he was playing like Yakupov is playing we would say that he is a young struggling forward playing for a really bad team but he has a lot of potential. We would say exactly the same team everyone is saying about Yakupov. He would definately not be seen as a God.
Then you are not a xenophobe.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
his name is mother****in eller, and no
this is ehlers http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=164346
I've watched this kid alot, plays here. I hope we get him in the draft.

Old
12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
How can you ask for the same amount that Gally would get when we all know Gally is much better than Yak.Please think before you post.
so delusional.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall04 View Post
Yea who is that Yakupov guy anyways?

Its not like the Oilers picked him over Galchenyuk or anything (most fans still back it up), or its not like Yakupov outscored Galchenyuk last year with around the same TOI, and horrid linemates or anything.
Or the fact he could top out to be an electrifying sniper that everyone wants, just as Galchy could be "that big, number 1 line center that every teams wants".
Relax Oiler Homer. Anyone in their right mind would pick Gally over Yaks if the draft was happening today. But hey, if I was a fan of the Oilers I'd be bitter too lol.

chuck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:19 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Why on earth would Edmonton make a trade like that? People do realize that Yakupov hasn't even played the equivalent of a full NHL season yet, right?

IMO, Edmonton only moves him for a bonafide top pairing Dmen, or big power forward that can play on the top line.

MeestaDeteta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:27 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
Relax Oiler Homer. Anyone in their right mind would pick Gally over Yaks if the draft was happening today. But hey, if I was a fan of the Oilers I'd be bitter too lol.
As of the end of last season, I think most people would have still taken Yak 1st overall, at best, maybe it was close.

Has 30 some games this year really made it that "obvious" who the #1 pick should have been?

Old
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
That's your opinion and your entitled to it, even if it is wrong.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:19 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
That's your opinion and your entitled to it, even if it is wrong.
(should be you're. 1st correction is on the house lol)

It's not only my opinion, it's most the pros on NHL network, TSN, Sportsnet etc...but ya, they're all wrong.

Can you honestly tell me, looking at their development and where they are at this exact point, that you would still pick Yaks before Gally?

And to be honest, I had picked Yaks in my fantasy pool this year, dumped him and picked up Gally 3 weeks in and trust me I'm very happy about that move!

Either way, here's to The Stanley Cup coming back to Canada! (Except Toronto lol)

Old
12-11-2013, 04:21 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:

It's not only my opinion, it's most the pros on NHL network, TSN, Sportsnet etc...but ya, they're all wrong.

Can you honestly tell me, looking at their development and where they are at this exact point, that you would still pick Yaks before Gally?

And to be honest, I had picked Yaks in my fantasy pool this year, dumped him and picked up Gally 3 weeks in and trust me I'm very happy about that move!

Either way, here's to The Stanley Cup coming back to Canada! (Except Toronto lol)
The difference is that GM's look long term, not just at 1/3 of a season to see that. I agree that its closer today than it was then, and some would take Galchenyuk, but I don't think everyone would. If the Oilers had a do-over, I think they would pass on both and take Ryan Murray, lol.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:22 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:

Again, you're only looking at a 30 game window to make your decision on which player is better. Last year, Yakupov had a better point total, and IMO was the better player. He's had a bad start to the year, but it's way to premature to say he's be surpassed after only 30 games.

Old
12-11-2013, 04:30 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
The difference is that GM's look long term, not just at 1/3 of a season to see that. I agree that its closer today than it was then, and some would take Galchenyuk, but I don't think everyone would. If the Oilers had a do-over, I think they would pass on both and take Ryan Murray, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
Again, you're only looking at a 30 game window to make your decision on which player is better. Last year, Yakupov had a better point total, and IMO was the better player. He's had a bad start to the year, but it's way to premature to say he's be surpassed after only 30 games.

I undertand they look longterm, and tbh I dont know exactly what the Oilers' needs are (I completely agree they need D tho and thought they'd have picked Murray too but anyhoo), but they've played a season of games (half last year, half this year +/-10 games), Gally looks way more promising than Yaks.

I honestly hope he starts playing how people were hoping and expecting he would, as a hockey fan I love slick, quick players!

I know as a Habs fan, I'm VERY happy with Gally and the way he's shaping.

(A little off topic but the Habs logo kiss he did a few weeks back after scoring (I forget on who) really made me love the kid even more!)

Old
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

if Galchenyuk hadn't missed a year of development, i'm certain he would have gone first overall.

the only thing Yakupov has over Chucky is an elite shot. everything else, they are either equal (work ethic/drive to succeed) or Chucky is simply better (cerebral game/playmaking/better use of teammates).

Habs got lucky.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
if Galchenyuk hadn't missed a year of development, i'm certain he would have gone first overall.

the only thing Yakupov has over Chucky is an elite shot. everything else, they are either equal (work ethic/drive to succeed) or Chucky is simply better (cerebral game/playmaking/better use of teammates).

Habs got lucky.
And thank goodness something good came from that dog's breakfast of a season.

Old
12-11-2013, 05:53 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Meh I don't like giving up those pieces, but it's something I'd consider. I'm quite high on Bournival. Never been high on Yak, even pre-draft, but I recognize his talent.

Last edited by CanadienShark: 12-11-2013 at 05:59 PM.
CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
so delusional.
So much denial.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
The only player I want out of Montreal is Gallagher but I know Habs fans would be opposed to trading him

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

yeah, Gallagher isn't going anywhere. he's captain material.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote