HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Niinimaa and Bouillon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2007, 10:37 PM
  #26
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,104
vCash: 500
IMO recently Niinimaa has been steadier defensively than Bouillon. However, I'd go with Bouillon late in a game in which the Habs are trailing because he has better offensive skills. However, Bouillon is poorer offensively than Markov, Souray, Streit, and Rivet.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
  #27
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
What now...

Since Ribiero is gone, you people need another french player to bash on...

Bouillon is not having a good year sure, but enough with the bashing already

If he was that bad, why did your Saint-Bob sign him at that rate?

Or is it better to have clueless janne at 700 000$ more a not better performance

Some of you really need to find something else to do

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 11:24 PM
  #28
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Since Ribiero is gone, you people need another french player to bash on...

Bouillon is not having a good year sure, but enough with the bashing already

If he was that bad, why did your Saint-Bob sign him at that rate?

Or is it better to have clueless janne at 700 000$ more a not better performance

Some of you really need to find something else to do
Boullion is American, but anyways.

He's been bad, really really bad, since he came back from his injury. There's no way to justify or hide it. He's just been bad...And not "Ryder" bad, as in a bad game every here and there, but just generally and consistently bad.

Gainey should have not re-signed him. It was a mistake. I don't think any of us expected him to be complete ***** when he returned.

I would much rather have Janne who is a bit less bad, simply because Janne's contract is up after this year and we'll never see him again. Boullion is stuck with us for 2 more years after this one and NOBODY is going to take that contract.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 02:32 AM
  #29
Poochie_D
Registered User
 
Poochie_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Since Ribiero is gone, you people need another french player to bash on...

Bouillon is not having a good year sure, but enough with the bashing already

If he was that bad, why did your Saint-Bob sign him at that rate?

Or is it better to have clueless janne at 700 000$ more a not better performance

Some of you really need to find something else to do
Wow... calm down cowboy. Obivously your a french canadian who feels the need to protect him... well I'm french canadian too and I'm telling you right now Boullion has been easily our worst defensemen thus far. Him and Niinimaa have been absolutely horrible. IMO there a few pieces of dead wood we need to get rid of:

Boullion
Niinimaa
Murray

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 02:44 AM
  #30
J-D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the dizzle!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
I might be wrong here but I'm thinking it was more Grabovski's responsability to skate harder to prevent that play.

Of course it was. But Grabovski is a prospect (a quality that is sacred on HF boards) and made some nice offensive moves so we will pardon him, even though he partially cost the Habs the GWG scored by Cullen.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 02:55 AM
  #31
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
we know this niinimaa is a great player....will provide depth for the time being....but when i see him playing hes trying too hard IMO....but for what he is right now...a depth player, im glad hes stepping in........and the defense isn't playing well....thats it

habitants9_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 03:10 AM
  #32
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Since Ribiero is gone, you people need another french player to bash on...

Bouillon is not having a good year sure, but enough with the bashing already

If he was that bad, why did your Saint-Bob sign him at that rate?

Or is it better to have clueless janne at 700 000$ more a not better performance

Some of you really need to find something else to do
Wow, nationality has so little to do with the Bouillon bashing that I have to question your sanity.

What about the Ryder bashing? Or the Samsonov bashing? Or the Niinimaa bashing? Or the Murray bashing? Or the Rivet bashing? I guess it's because they're all french too, right?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 09:28 AM
  #33
ludger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Finally others who see Bouillon playing very poorly this year, The only decent skill he possesses is his hitting and since his injury/new contract he no longer hits.

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 10:14 AM
  #34
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
I might be wrong here but I'm thinking it was more Grabovski's responsability to skate harder to prevent that play.
I think you're right, Duff, just as it was Lapierre's let down in coverage that contributed on two of the other goals.

Not knocking the youngsters, but to those who think a major swap of current personnel with the AHL guys will move this team forward, well, think again.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 11:39 AM
  #35
J-D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the dizzle!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
As Zurg mentioned, our young players still have alot to improve on, especially in the defensive part (Lapierre indeed had a rough game). However, if we go back to the original topic, it becomes evident that currently, the Habs are going to be exposed if Niinimaa and/or Bouillon play too much in any given game, both didn't have one noticeably solid defensive game since their season debut, and that's what they are paid for.

On the other hand, we might be unhappy with the signing of Bouillon and the trade for Niiniimaa; the truth is, Streit was inexcusably poor last year, Cote was injured, Komisarek wasn't a force and Souray was shaky. The only steady d-men we had were Markov, Bouillon and Rivet. We needed depth.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
  #36
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
While I think Gainey was correct in trying to add defensive depth, Streit was not inexcusably poor. He might have been weak but it was his first year in the NHL and it takes time to adjust.

This year, Streit is not that far behind Markov in points despite receiving a fraction of the PP time that Markov gets.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:37 PM
  #37
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Boullion is garbage this year. The team is stuck with that contract for another 2 years
I never understood why they gave him so much money.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:43 PM
  #38
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Wow, nationality has so little to do with the Bouillon bashing that I have to question your sanity.

What about the Ryder bashing? Or the Samsonov bashing? Or the Niinimaa bashing? Or the Murray bashing? Or the Rivet bashing? I guess it's because they're all french too, right?

Let me ask you about YOUR sanity, the point is not to protect Bouillon, it's just to put in perspective that the bashing of francophone player is usually one step higher that with anybody else. You are going to tell me that the Ryder bashing is tronger than Bouillon or Rivest is stronger than Bouillon? I don't think so. People are in their right mind to bash Ryder who suppose to perform much better than the number indicates, they can bash Samsonov senseless.

But Murray bashing? i don't see why i would bash a guy that i consider a fringe player for being a fringe player.

Rivs bashing, well i always consider him to be a bottom pairing, fourth at the very best as a D on a hockey club, so much bashing wouldn't do good in my opinion.

Which brings me to Bouillon, Since i don't consider him to be more than a bottom pairing D, i don't expect much better play from the guy. so i don't get the bashing

I would rather bash Bob Gainey for signing him to that kind of contract in the first place. I would rather bash Bob for the acquisition of Janne Ninimaa. We could have gotten better in the long run with Ribs, now we have a 6th or 7th or even 8th D paid 2.6 millions, which mean we don't have much mobility with our cap, and restrains us to make some move...

And i would bash Bob for signing both Murray and Downey, that a sign of non-confidence in are youth as i believe that guy like Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Lapierre, and Ferland should have a sport in the NHL full time before the other 2

Basically, my point is i think some of you people have an easy time bashing the bad francophone of the month (much more then their equivalent anglophone or europeen) instead of trying to put blame where it should be put...

And then again with a team outperforming like the Habs did in the first half, people should strop bashing and encourage the players instead, that would serve a better purpose...

good day

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:59 PM
  #39
Mikhail Grabovsky*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: at your girlfriends
Country: Canada
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Let me ask you about YOUR sanity, the point is not to protect Bouillon, it's just to put in perspective that the bashing of francophone player is usually one step higher that with anybody else. You are going to tell me that the Ryder bashing is tronger than Bouillon or Rivest is stronger than Bouillon? I don't think so. People are in their right mind to bash Ryder who suppose to perform much better than the number indicates, they can bash Samsonov senseless.

But Murray bashing? i don't see why i would bash a guy that i consider a fringe player for being a fringe player.

Rivs bashing, well i always consider him to be a bottom pairing, fourth at the very best as a D on a hockey club, so much bashing wouldn't do good in my opinion.

Which brings me to Bouillon, Since i don't consider him to be more than a bottom pairing D, i don't expect much better play from the guy. so i don't get the bashing

I would rather bash Bob Gainey for signing him to that kind of contract in the first place. I would rather bash Bob for the acquisition of Janne Ninimaa. We could have gotten better in the long run with Ribs, now we have a 6th or 7th or even 8th D paid 2.6 millions, which mean we don't have much mobility with our cap, and restrains us to make some move...

And i would bash Bob for signing both Murray and Downey, that a sign of non-confidence in are youth as i believe that guy like Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Lapierre, and Ferland should have a sport in the NHL full time before the other 2

Basically, my point is i think some of you people have an easy time bashing the bad francophone of the month (much more then their equivalent anglophone or europeen) instead of trying to put blame where it should be put...

And then again with a team outperforming like the Habs did in the first half, people should strop bashing and encourage the players instead, that would serve a better purpose...

good day
Bla Bla Bla...Bouillon was the main cause for the Devils second goal !!! great tape to boards pass..he has to sit on his midget little azz and watch the pros play !!!

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
  #40
Burnside_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
I don't get all the Bouillon Bashing. Yes the guy hasn't played well but it's weird how so many people now seem obsessed with him all of the sudden. And people are pretty agressive about it too.


He'll never play a huge part in the team's success or lack of it, and he never will. he's a sixth d that was pretty effective at his role in the last years. So management re-signed him, even though they knew he'd probably be out for the year because of his knee. No one has put even the slightest blame on management up to now, again a little odd.

I still think the guy is far from playing at 100%, and being paired with Rivet dosen't help either. Bouillon was great when paired with Dandenault or Komisarek.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
  #41
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnside_1 View Post
I don't get all the Bouillon Bashing. Yes the guy hasn't played well but it's weird how so many people now seem obsessed with him all of the sudden. And people are pretty agressive about it too.
He'll never play a huge part in the team's success or lack of it, and he never will. he's a sixth d that was pretty effective at his role in the last years. So management re-signed him, even though they knew he'd probably be out for the year because of his knee. No one has put even the slightest blame on management up to now, again a little odd.

I still think the guy is far from playing at 100%, and being paired with Rivet dosen't help either. Bouillon was great when paired with Dandenault or Komisarek.
The reason is...for a # 6 dman, Bouillon makes way too many mistakes IMO. I can live with Markov, Komisarek, Souray making mistakes because they're on the ice so much, but for a guy like Bouillon, all he has to do is keep it simple, and he hasn't been doing that.

I've never been a Bouillon fan, i've argued that a few times on this board. However, I did recognize that he was solid all in all last year, but right now he's horrible and maybe needs to sit down and look at the game from another point of view.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 01:01 PM
  #42
Burnside_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
The reason is...for a # 6 dman, Bouillon makes way too many mistakes IMO. I can live with Markov, Komisarek, Souray making mistakes because they're on the ice so much, but for a guy like Bouillon, all he has to do is keep it simple, and he hasn't been doing that.

I've never been a Bouillon fan, i've argued that a few times on this board. However, I did recognize that he was solid all in all last year, but right now he's horrible and maybe needs to sit down and look at the game from another point of view.
I get your point. But IMO your number six dman is number six for a reason. The guy that spends the most time on the ice should be the most reliable, for fowards or defencemen alike. About his salary, well Gainey and co signed him even though they were aware of his knee problems.

It's the same thing for Samsonov's salary versus his production.

I still don't understand why so much emphasis is put on him instead of other players. I don't think his bad play dosen't deserve to be called out, it's just that some peolpe seem to give it way more importance than it actually has, that's my problem. But well, to each his own I guess.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.