HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All-Purpose Kulikov Discussion Thread

Old
12-10-2013, 11:39 PM
cats31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
How close is Kulikov and Mathias for Simmonds?
I would say the Flyers would have to add in that scenario but I really like Matthias and think he's worth a 3rd + good prospect.

I would say Kulikov like posted on here in the past has equal value for Simmonds maybe add a mid to late pick from the Panthers.

cats31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:36 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Elliotte Friedman: 1. I thought it was important to start with Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon's denial in a Miami Herald blog of our report on Hockey Night Hotstove that he had a trade in place involving Dmitri Kulikov, which was the reason the defenceman was scratched last week. It is believed Tallon's trading partner was the Colorado Avalanche. The two teams did have some serious talks and may do so again. Tallon didn't comment before we went to air and I stand by the info, but it should be known that history proves he's been honest when I've contacted him about things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...al-in-nhl.html

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
ShootIt

IMO he is willing to move Kulikov, but, isn't desperate to move him.

It could be this week, next month, by the TDL...

He wants a good return, on possibly the best trading chip he has on the Panthers, sans the 5 guys he ruled out.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I stand by my reporting, but he isn't lying when he says my reporting was incorrect.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I stand by my reporting, but he isn't lying when he says my reporting was incorrect.
Trashing Friedman is kind of on par with catapulting a baby. Just asinine.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:13 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Elliotte Friedman: 1. I thought it was important to start with Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon's denial in a Miami Herald blog of our report on Hockey Night Hotstove that he had a trade in place involving Dmitri Kulikov, which was the reason the defenceman was scratched last week. It is believed Tallon's trading partner was the Colorado Avalanche. The two teams did have some serious talks and may do so again. Tallon didn't comment before we went to air and I stand by the info, but it should be known that history proves he's been honest when I've contacted him about things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...al-in-nhl.html
Thing is that when asked about Kulikov after one game prior to the healthy scratch, the head coach said he's seen enough and it was time for him to sit. So he was scratched because of his play, not because of a potential deal in place.

Thats not to say that right after that (or even during that) the Avs were discussing with the Panthers regarding Kulikov. But I seriously doubt, as Tallon has denied, that any deal was eminent and with Kulikov playing a little better, that will only benefit the return value for him if Tallon does decide to move him.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:25 PM
PATCHESx67

Kulikov to Colorado actually makes sense,Avs need Def badly and Roy saw Kuli play a lot back in he's Q days so knows the potentiel is there

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

How happy is Florida with their goaltending? Thomas is a short term solution, Clemmensen is a back up, but what about Markstrom? Is he ready to be the #1 or does he need more time? How about

To Florida

Craig Anderson
Eric Gryba/Erik Condra

To Ottawa

Dimitri Kulikov
Scott Clemmenson

Florida gets a #1 goalie who still has a year left on his contract. Granted Andy has not been good this year, but maybe he turns it around. He was horrible in Colorado his last year there and played great when he got to Ottawa.

Ottawa gets a good young defenceman in Kulikov and a backup goalie to Robin Lehner.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM
ThePatientPanther
Win-4-Jagr-and-Lu

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
How happy is Florida with their goaltending? Thomas is a short term solution, Clemmensen is a back up, but what about Markstrom? Is he ready to be the #1 or does he need more time? How about

To Florida

Craig Anderson
Eric Gryba/Erik Condra

To Ottawa

Dimitri Kulikov
Scott Clemmenson

Florida gets a #1 goalie who still has a year left on his contract. Granted Andy has not been good this year, but maybe he turns it around. He was horrible in Colorado his last year there and played great when he got to Ottawa.

Ottawa gets a good young defenceman in Kulikov and a backup goalie to Robin Lehner.
I doubt Craig is coming back to Florida on Tallon's watch. Florida will probably go with Timmy and Markstrom next year as long as Timmy isn't dealt before the deadline. Clem is definitely available but I doubt this trade would happen knowing Anderson has already played here and isn't exactly lighting it up this year. Timmy > Craig.

ThePatientPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:57 PM
SufferingCatFan

Kulikov is playing better post benching. No real need to trade him immediately..

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:05 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Kulikov is playing better post benching. No real need to trade him immediately..
So only deal him at his low!! Great managing there.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote