HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would love to hear from Sather and Gorton regarding this mess

Old
12-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I swear, the NHL 13 engineers made the Rangers in Be a GM mode just like the real life Rangers. (I'm not playing as the Rangers.)

They traded all their first round picks, all their prospects, to the point where they only have 3 star guys, and have lots of old big names on their roster.

Glen Sather, are you in my Xbox?
funny thing is the first trade i was offered was Souray and Allen to Rangers for Yogan Hrivik 2ed Evander Kane is my highest paid player not including Lundqvist..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Dolan must be on one hell of a drug to think that the crap the knicks and rangers have been putting on display at the garden this year is acceptable.

What goes through his head when he just shells out all that $$$ and has jack **** to show for it. So long as the profits keep coming in is all that matters to him, clearly winning in any way shape or form comes second.
He's too busy opening for the Eagles. Seriously. He shelled out millions to purchase the Eagles management company, apparently so his crappy band could open for them.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Dolan must be on one hell of a drug to think that the crap the knicks and rangers have been putting on display at the garden this year is acceptable.

What goes through his head when he just shells out all that $$$ and has jack **** to show for it. So long as the profits keep coming in is all that matters to him, clearly winning in any way shape or form comes second.
Nothing to show for it? He has two franchises with a combined 2 billion dollars.

12-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Careful what you wish for though. Dolan is actually involved in the Knicks, and they are run 10 times worse than the Rangers for it. As much as I would like Sather to face a little accountability, that may in fact end up being worse.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
RangersHank*

I think Sather will leave soon honestly

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Well you could knock me over with feather if that happens. A kid answered his phone in CT tonight. I think we have our answer from management.

Get some sleep Dylan. Your gonna need it.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Well, what's the alternative? Messier? Regier? Sather needs to go pronto (IDK about Gorton), but who's the best available GM out there?

Last edited by Mats Zuccarelli: 12-12-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 04:40 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I understand what you're saying. All I know is that a little transparency and self-awareness from the front office would go a long way to garnering the patience and trust of a very irritated fan base.
Although people in sports always thank the fans and say how important they are, that's just marketing BS. In the end the GMs don't have an obligation to the fans, they have one to share holders. If the fans truly mattered, we wouldn't have lockouts.

Fans are nothing more than drug addicts in need of another hit. The dealers, really don't care that much, so long as we're still hooked.

Would you rather Slats and Dolan get out there like Holmgren and Snider and make it obvious they really don't give a s**t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Well, what's the alternative? Messier? Regier? Sather needs to go pronto (IDK about Gorton), but who's the best available GM out there?
That's what I used to think for years now. In the end, Jim Nill would have been nice. Would have loved to have seen JD come back to run the Rangers, the guy is smart and is hired as the cleaner to fix broken franchises. To that extent Jarmo Kekäläinen, would have been nice to add as well. Would Håkan Andersson make a good GM? Pat Lafontaine is going to do some serious work in Buffalo, he could have done it in NYC. Stevie-Y is making positive changes in Tampa. But all these ships have sailed, so now, who's next?

I'd start by taking close looks at guys tapped by Hockey Canada to build teams that go on to be successful.

Last edited by vipernsx: 12-12-2013 at 04:54 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 04:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Maybe it's time to stop with the "best available" mentality with this franchise. It's hight time that someone associated with the organization do some hard work, find talent, evaluate it and then pick the right candidate.

People on this board could do a better and more thorough search than anyone currently in the NYR front office.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Why, if the guy likes what he's doing and his healthy isn't holding him back, why would he give up what's probably the most lucrative GM position in the NHL?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote