HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #32|Thu., Dec. 12, 2013|Canadiens at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2013, 02:25 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixztor View Post
I really don't see VandeVelde contributing noteworthily less than McGinn or any other Phantom, so I'm completely fine with the move. For now. Didn't he look decent at preseason?
They took a long look at him in pre-season and he was one of the last to be sent down.

Old
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixztor View Post
I really don't see VandeVelde contributing noteworthily less than McGinn or any other Phantom, so I'm completely fine with the move. For now. Didn't he look decent at preseason?
He would be a decent 4th line guy, something guys like Akeson/Straka/Cousins would not be. If he is played in the top 9 though, he is NOT the better choice over the other 3 who have looked pretty good (Cousins not as good as the other two but not bad.)

Old
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Wixztor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He would be a decent 4th line guy, something guys like Akeson/Straka/Cousins would not be. If he is played in the top 9 though, he is NOT the better choice over the other 3 who have looked pretty good (Cousins not as good as the other two but not bad.)
I agree with you.

With some newcomer enthusiasm, here's to hoping for some lighting 'em up up up

Old
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
bennysflyers16

Are Rosehill, Zac and Mezz really all playing tonight ?

Can Berube be that ****ing stupid ?

Old
12-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

I was just assuming he lineups weren't confirmed yet so MSE was just using the ones from the Chicago game.

If all three are in again I'll be going from pissed off to apathetic in regards to that. Hell, even if two of the three are in I'll be pissed.

Old
12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I was just assuming he lineups weren't confirmed yet so MSE was just using the ones from the Chicago game.

If all three are in again I'll be going from pissed off to apathetic in regards to that. Hell, even if two of the three are in I'll be pissed.
One of Zac or Jay I can somewhat get, but both in same line up is giving up too much vs the other teams 4th line. ZERO skill on our 4th line.

Old
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
GingerFetish

I want this as our goal song tonight.

Old
12-12-2013, 03:47 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
They took a long look at him in pre-season and he was one of the last to be sent down.
At least iirc he has speed, which this team lacks big time. Let him replace one of zac or Rosehill and it will be an improvement !

Old
12-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

Out of curiousity, playing against a line-up that has Parros, Prust, White, Moen, Murray, Emelin and are coming off a resoundingly and embarrassingly thrashing the night before, who would you like to see get the nod instead?

The Flyers, after blowout losses, have historically always returned to tough, brutal hockey the next game. For better or worse, that is who we are, that's our identity.

I expect a low scoring, tight checking and ultimately nasty game tonight and yes, we have the right personnel penciled in.

Old
12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
GingerFetish

Hartsy gets scratched, book it.

Old
12-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Out of curiousity, playing against a line-up that has Parros, Prust, White, Moen, Murray, Emelin and are coming off a resoundingly and embarrassingly thrashing the night before, who would you like to see get the nod instead?

The Flyers, after blowout losses, have historically always returned to tough, brutal hockey the next game. For better or worse, that is who we are, that's our identity.

I expect a low scoring, tight checking and ultimately nasty game tonight and yes, we have the right personnel penciled in.
Any three guys that can play a quality hockey game (such as an actual fourth liner in Hall) or don't tend to do extremely stupid penalty related things.

That identity of "let's play relatively useless players because they're tough and we play a tough game" sure as **** isn't working out either now is it? Now or in the recent past. That kind of mentality is the same thing some people hate and think holds the organization back.

Having two or even three players that just aren't NHL caliber is never having "the right personnel penciled in". Especially when you have guys like Gustafsson who have been benched for no apparent reason.

Old
12-12-2013, 04:00 PM
TheShaneTrain

I hate to admit this, but if the flyers were to get completely embarrassed tonight, it may be for the best, so long as it doesnt cause the patented knee jerk holmgren response (which I guess is somewhat inevitable :-/).

it's wake up or shake up time.

Old
12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Any three guys that can play a quality hockey game (such as an actual fourth liner in Hall) or don't tend to do extremely stupid penalty related things.

That identity of "let's play relatively useless players because they're tough and we play a tough game" sure as **** isn't working out either now is it? Now or in the recent past. That kind of mentality is the same thing some people hate and think holds the organization back.

Having two or even three players that just aren't NHL caliber is never having "the right personnel penciled in". Especially when you have guys like Gustafsson who have been benched for no apparent reason.
The perfect response

Old
12-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:

Gustafsson? Him, Mez and Schenn are interchangeable defensively. They all crumble horribly under the slightest pressure and forecheck.

Rosehill knows his role and knows it well. He's simply a 4th liner who's asked of, in his 4 min/per game, not be scored against and to swing the momentum when needed. While Rinaldo has taken some suspect penalties of late, at least he brings some energy and passion to the ice which is more than I can say for our supposed top 2 scoring lines and namely our Captain. If you want to hold someone accountable, don't go after 3rd and 4th liners and bottom pairing defenseman, aim your criticism where it belongs, at the "Stars", at the contracts, at the supposed leaders of this team.

That mentality, while not in vogue right now and for lack of a better term, is the lifeblood of the farm and has won us 2 Championships, brought us to the Pinnacle countless times and fueled the last 4 Cup Winners.

Old
12-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Gustafsson? Him, Mez and Schenn are interchangeable defensively. They all crumble horribly under the slightest pressure and forecheck.

Rosehill knows his role and knows it well. He's simply a 4th liner who's asked of, in his 4 min/per game, not be scored against and to swing the momentum when needed. While Rinaldo has taken some suspect penalties of late, at least he brings some energy and passion to the ice which is more than I can say for our supposed top 2 scoring lines and namely our Captain. If you want to hold someone accountable, don't go after 3rd and 4th liners and bottom pairing defenseman, aim your criticism where it belongs, at the "Stars", at the contracts, at the supposed leaders of this team.

That mentality, while not in vogue right now and for lack of a better term, is the lifeblood of the farm and has won us 2 Championships, brought us to the Pinnacle countless times and fueled the last 4 Cup Winners.
Those two championships almost 40 years ago you mean? Under a completely different era of play and completely different form of the NHL?

I'm also really curious how Rosehill is supposed to swing momentum so well in four minutes of ice-time. I'm also curious why having Rosehill's momentum swinging abilities, Rinaldo's passion, and Meszaros'...whatever he does didn't help us last game at all.

Old
12-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Because we still are really ****** defensively and don't know how to cover our assignments or did you not watch the game last night?

Nothing riles up the troops and picks up the spirits on the bench as some good ol' fashioned fisticuffs.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 12-12-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: edit
Old
12-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Clearly what I'm endorsing is goon hockey...I'll say it again, you both have never played the game other than perhaps from behind a gaming console.

Thankfully the organization is run by men, not knee jerk reaction little boys who like Mario Lemiuex before them, wanted to turn professional hockey into a 2 line sport.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:28 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Because we still are really ****** defensively and don't know how to cover our assignments or did you not watch the game last night?

Nothing riles up the troops and picks up the spirits on the bench as some good ol' fashioned fisticuffs.
There were two fights last night and the team laid an egg after them. Don't know that bruisers are helping this roster.

12-12-2013, 05:28 PM

Why are people talking about Pat Kane and the Flyers? That can't surely happen?

Old
12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 27752
Quote:
Clearly what I'm endorsing is goon hockey...I'll say it again, you both have never played the game other than perhaps from behind a gaming console.

Thankfully the organization is run by men, not knee jerk reaction little boys who like Mario Lemiuex before them, wanted to turn professional hockey into a 2 line sport.
I agree more Goon Hockey

Old
12-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Who's talking about that?

Old
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

I appears Berbube actually has a brain!!!!! Gus in - Mez out - Hartnell off top line!!!

Unfortunately Raffl is the one replacing him but at least it's an improvement.

Schenn and Simmonds are now going to suffer but at least Hartnell will be seeing less ice time.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:45 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I think it's Evander, not Pat.

I'd rather Homer not go there though.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post

I want this as our goal song tonight.
I honestly could not listen to more than 5 seconds of that.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Stizzle

I will be rooting extra hard for Raffl and Gus tonight. Hartsy get your **** together!

Closed Thread