HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Islanders @ New York Rangers - 7PM

Old
01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
According to newsday, Richard Park is being moved onto the top line, intresting move IMO.
Quote:
Nolan made another change in preparation for the Rangers game tonight at Madison Square Garden. Richard Park moves up to the top line to focus on defense so Yashin and Blake can attack without worrying about giving up odd-man rushes
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ny-sports-mezz

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:07 AM
TheRedressor

I don't think he will be able to shadow anyone.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Ill be in sec 414 with about 25 other people, and I have a couple of chants in mind if we are winning late in the 3rd. Ill be in section 88 for warmups if anyone wants to meet up. PM me if your gunna be around there at 6:30. Ohh yea and it would be fantastic after all the trolling and **** talking Islander fans did during our 7 gamer to send them into a 7 game hole by winning tonight. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
I don't think he will be able to shadow anyone.
Probably not, but he'll wind up picking up 4 goals or something.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Jagr's Playing Tonight

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Quote:
Far from declaring his hip flexor cured, Jaromir Jagr still stepped off the ice just now and said he will skate against the Islanders tonight. “I think I can play, but I don’t know how good,” the right wing said. “But I feel better than yesterday.”

Jagr said he still hasn’t completely tested the injury because he doesn’t want to risk further damage, and when I asked him if he’d be better served taking a night off, he suddenly turned stoic. “I’ve never done that in my hockey career. If I can go, I go. I never look forward.” Cue the “Rocky” theme.
Quote:
Karel Rachunek is out again with a foot injury, meaning Thomas Pock will again skate alongside Darius Kasparaitis.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
In The Flesh

Lets do what they did to us last game at the Garden. Lets go fishin' boys!!!!

Prucha and Hossa get 2 each!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/rangers/

Quote:
I asked Brendan Shanahan if he had an X-ray taken of the foot he bruised blocking an Andrei Markov shot at the end of Saturday's second period.

"Yeah, right after the game," he said. Then, deadpanning until he couldn't help but crack a smile, he added: "It's broken in nine places. I took an Advil. I'll be fine."

Seriously, no break was shown. Shanahan will play tomorrow night.
I love shanny

Old
01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Nich

shanny for mayor of nyc

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Shanny is going to end up being the best thing that happened to this team in a while if we make the playoffs. If Jagr is 75% he should go tonight, otherwise why not sit him? We have been winning games without him scoring. With the all star break coming up, id like to see him rest from at least the 16th after we play the devils to the 27th when the ASB is over. No point in having him at 50% for the rest of the season. I'd rather lose him for the next few games.

As for tonight, I'm going to throw up if we lose to them again.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Chimp

The reason for even having a 75% Jagr is he will still be double teamed, leaving more room for Nylander and Straka to make magic happen. I mean, even if the other team knows Jagr isn't 100%, they still now what will happen if they give him room with the puck.

As I've said before, I think Straka - Nylander - Shanahan sounds like a good 1st line if Jagr doesn't play, where everybody just does what they're good at. Give the puck to Nylander and try to find an open spot for the pass, shoot. Rinse, repeat.

Also, then Prucha knows what he's supposed to do on the second line with no Shanny as the go to guy. Shoot. And then shoot some more.

If talking about Shanahan off the ice, the thing everybody love about him is of course that he's genuinely a nice guy. He steps away from the clichées and says stuff with a wink in his eye instead. The fans love him, the media loves him and his teammates... er... like him.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
DisplacedIslander
Back Up The Trucks

Send a message via MSN to DisplacedIslander
If any time is a good time to break a slump or to stop a streak, it's now. Rangers bring a win streak, Isles bring a losing streak. The one thing I've always loved about these games is that one team could be dead last and beat the other who could be in first. It doesn't matter. Someone's still on a streak at the final horn, just a question of who...

If Jagr's not 100%, I wouldn't send him tonight. The past shows these games get physical, and Simon will be out headhunting early and often to try for a momentum swing.

Then again, this is your enemy talking

DisplacedIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I'm really excited for this game because I believe the Rangers are going to come out hard the way they did against Washington when they broke the losing streak. I hope they come out that hard and with as much heart.

AND if Jagr gets taken advantage of again by Witt I hope Shanny fights Witt!!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedIslander View Post
Someone's still on a streak at the final horn, just a question of who...
Uh.... if the Islanders win - both streaks end.

Old
01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Phil333

We need a win. Not because we're desperate, we've been playing well. If it was any other team, this would just be an average game. But this team needs to get over being beaten down by the friggin Fishsticks. For us, if nothing else.

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Ill be in sec 414 with about 25 other people, and I have a couple of chants in mind if we are winning late in the 3rd. Ill be in section 88 for warmups if anyone wants to meet up. PM me if your gunna be around there at 6:30. Ohh yea and it would be fantastic after all the trolling and **** talking Islander fans did during our 7 gamer to send them into a 7 game hole by winning tonight. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Trots19

I am a huge islander fan so i hope they win(of course), but I am a big fan of Shanny. Always like him. How could you not?
A few years back i read an article on fighting and the fighter's code in the NHL and they interviewed Shanny. They asked him how does he know if a guy is a righty or a lefty-he said depends on which side of your face hurts more after the fight. Gotta love the guy. That fight against Brashear was great. How often does a 40= year old who is one of the top guys in scoring go up against one of the best fighters in the league?? have to have repsect.

With that said, I am sure it will be another great game tonight with fans on both sides having heart attacks!!

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Going to my 3/5 Islanders game tonight! In fact, I am leaving towards the train soon (I live in PA)

It's going to be crazy. Can't wait to see some Dancin' Larry, Big Lou and a whole lotta "We want fishsticks" chants.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Trots19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
Going to my 3/5 Islanders game tonight! In fact, I am leaving towards the train soon (I live in PA)

It's going to be crazy. Can't wait to see some Dancin' Larry, Big Lou and a whole lotta "We want fishsticks" chants.
its so funny the chants between both teams. I hate the isle fans with the 1940 chant(doesnt make sense anymore)
Potvin sucks??? he is only one of the best dmen to ever play
1983--makes more sense but it was right after 4 in a row
fishsticks?? doesnt affect the players i wouldnt think-they might not even know what it means-trust me as an islander fan we might join in on that chant

the best is lets go rangers/islanders followed immediately by lets go rangers/islanders--that gets the blood going and the hairs on the back of the neck standing

Old
01-09-2007, 02:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trots19 View Post
The chant's got very little to do with Potvin anywhere. And as good as he was (and he was great) Potvin is just not the best dmen to ever play the game.

01-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Trots19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The chant's got very little to do with Potvin anywhere. And as good as he was (and he was great) Potvin is just not the best dmen to ever play the game.
didnt say was the best--was one of the best.

Old
01-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
its so funny the chants between both teams. I hate the isle fans with the 1940 chant(doesnt make sense anymore)
1983--makes more sense but it was right after 4 in a row
fishsticks?? doesnt affect the players i wouldnt think-they might not even know what it means-trust me as an islander fan we might join in on that chant

the best is lets go rangers/islanders followed immediately by lets go rangers/islanders--that gets the blood going and the hairs on the back of the neck standing
True, some of the chants are stupid. 1940 was a good one up until '94, and Potvin sucks just became a way of saying Islanders suck, except with a bit of history there.

In 1984-85 we'd go to the Rangers/Isles games and chant 'Drive for five(their slogan throughout that playoff) took a dive' ! after the Isles were beaten by the Oilers as they were trying for their 5th Cup. Kinda silly thinking back as the Isles had won 4 in a row and we had 0 in almost 50 years....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Trots19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
True, some of the chants are stupid. 1940 was a good one up until '94, and Potvin sucks just became a way of saying Islanders suck, except with a bit of history there.

In 1984-85 we'd go to the Rangers/Isles games and chant 'Drive for five(their slogan throughout that playoff) took a dive' ! after the Isles were beaten by the Oilers as they were trying for their 5th Cup. Kinda silly thinking back as the Isles had won 4 in a row and we had 0 in almost 50 years....
the drive for five is a good chant after they just miss it. stuff like that i like. stuff that is recent. or at least was at the time.

Old
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
the drive for five is a good chant after they just miss it. stuff like that i like. stuff that is recent. or at least was at the time.
I never liked the 'beat your wife Denny' chants, that was kinda mean spirited and had nothing to do with the game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I just cant stand the "______'s suck!!" chants...

Whether its the Devils doing it to the Rangers (really hate that) or the Rangers doing it to them or the Isles -vice versa...

Its such a mindless, drunk chant. Fans cant come up with anything better than that at the time?
Half the time its at the end of the game when a team is losing and most of the time the two teams are only separated by less than 6 points.

Especially hate it when the Rangers fans give it to the Devils, because plain and simple the Devils havent sucked in a while (as much as a hate them, i have to respect them) - Rangers Fans lower themselves to to the Devils fans when they do that.

Find something creative to razz the other team with.

Giving it to the Flyers on the otherhand... well thats being realistic at the moment.

Old
01-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Come on really? That was one of the greatest chants ever right up there with Buy a Porsche Hextall

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote