HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
12-10-2013, 06:09 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSherm View Post
Hey Ducks fan here. I'll be moving to Georgia in about a week and plan on making the trip to see the game on the 8th of February. My question is about the tickets. Are they generally pretty easy to get or do games sell out often? Should I be looking to buy them now and also are there any seats I should avoid getting? I know in the Honda Center just about all the seats give a good view so I was wondering if its the same for you guys. Cheers!
the penalty boxes block your view of the "corners" of the ice. So I wouldn't sit close to those.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:51 PM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Saturday games typically sell out, but it really depends if the team continues its current freefall. You should not have any issues getting tickets - from the team's ticket exchange to sites like Stubhub and even scalpers around Bridgestone Arena - you will find it easy to get them.

I haven't sat in a bad seat in the place for a game - but I haven't sat all over the arena either. But I think you will find that you won't have any issues. Have a good time there - and go enjoy the places on Broadway after
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
the penalty boxes block your view of the "corners" of the ice. So I wouldn't sit close to those.
Thank you and heres hoping to it being a good game with the Ducks winning

SugarSherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Hey Ducks fan here. I'll be moving to Georgia in about a week and plan on making the trip to see the game on the 8th of February. My question is about the tickets. Are they generally pretty easy to get or do games sell out often? Should I be looking to buy them now and also are there any seats I should avoid getting? I know in the Honda Center just about all the seats give a good view so I was wondering if its the same for you guys. Cheers!
I'm sorry

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Are you a member of the armed forces?

Old
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I'm sorry
Orders, no choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Are you a member of the armed forces?
Yeppers.

SugarSherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Orders, no choice.

Yeppers.
That explains it, thank you for your service sir.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 02:27 AM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Hey guys. My brother and I are flying in to Nashville tomorrow for Saturday's Sharks game. We'll be staying in the city and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on non-hockey activities for us to do while we on Friday evening after we land as well as things to do prior to the game that night.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome - really looking forward to going there for the first time, as I hear awesome things.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 04:22 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
If you're just looking to go out Friday night, any bar on Lower Broadway is a good bet. I mean, Tootsies is the famous bar, there's a chance you'll see the sharks announcers in there (randomly watching a sharks game a few years ago and they were answering emails about their favorite places to visit and they said Nashville and mentioned tootsies as a favorite bar). You could bar hop if you want.

Some of the bars have good bar food (burgers, fries, chicken). There are some more upscale places to eat if you want them, too. If you go to any place before the game and eat I would go a little early to make sure you can get your food in enough time to get to the game on time. Some places get crowded on Saturdays.

Check back a few posts/pages (you may have to go back a few), there are some good posts with ideas on things to do around town.

Just a heads up, the forecast for Friday evening/night and Saturday morning is rain, maybe heavy at times, and temps in the 30's/40's. I don't know if it will, but it could limit what you want to do or where you go.

And on Sunday the Titans have a home game (3pm vs AZ) so there might be a bit of traffic getting around town.

Boooo Sharks fans!!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 07:53 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
If you're just looking to go out Friday night, any bar on Lower Broadway is a good bet. I mean, Tootsies is the famous bar, there's a chance you'll see the sharks announcers in there (randomly watching a sharks game a few years ago and they were answering emails about their favorite places to visit and they said Nashville and mentioned tootsies as a favorite bar). You could bar hop if you want.

Some of the bars have good bar food (burgers, fries, chicken). There are some more upscale places to eat if you want them, too. If you go to any place before the game and eat I would go a little early to make sure you can get your food in enough time to get to the game on time. Some places get crowded on Saturdays.

Check back a few posts/pages (you may have to go back a few), there are some good posts with ideas on things to do around town.

Just a heads up, the forecast for Friday evening/night and Saturday morning is rain, maybe heavy at times, and temps in the 30's/40's. I don't know if it will, but it could limit what you want to do or where you go.

And on Sunday the Titans have a home game (3pm vs AZ) so there might be a bit of traffic getting around town.

Boooo Sharks fans!!!
Thanks for the advice! We made it and are heading out for dinner/drinks! Good luck tomorrow!

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:31 PM
AtlantaDuckGT
Rookie User

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Ducks fan coming in peace!

Bringing the girlfriend up with me from Atlanta for the Ducks/Preds game on Saturday. We will be spending the evening on Broadway street before the game and wanting to know where all the good places to eat are.

She loves country music and we both love drinking. What suggestions do y'all have?

Also, would love somewhere to park and just walk to all the bars/restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

AtlantaDuckGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:45 PM
hockey diva

Check out the visitor's thread pinned at the top. Plenty of info there.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:46 PM
AtlantaDuckGT
Rookie User

So far, I have heard good things from: Bailey's, Blackstone Brew Pub, McFaddens, and Jacks BBQ

AtlantaDuckGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
hockey diva

Blackstone is not in the immediate arena area, you would have to drive. Rippy's has live music and BBQ, Tooties is a well known honky tonk. And if you have time, the country music hall of fame is worth the trip.

Old
02-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Nashville Transplant

Take her down to the Omni. The new restaurant there, Bob's Chop House is far better than the Palm...

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 07:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
and if you're on a budget but still want steak, Demos is great...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Nitrous Mafia

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...811313&page=17

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:08 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I get it that we don't want a new thread every time someone is coming to town but fer chrissakes that thread is now 17 pages long… pretty darn rude/lazy on our part to just point someone there and say YOYO.

I suggest letting a new thread like this one run a couple of days, then have the mods merge it with the old one after it runs its course, or else cleaning up the visitors thread to a couple of pages of summary posts rather than 17 pages

Old
02-02-2014, 08:12 PM
hockey diva

New eatery at the arena. Tavern 96. Haven't heard anything about it but it is an option.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I get it that we don't want a new thread every time someone is coming to town but fer chrissakes that thread is now 17 pages long… pretty darn rude/lazy on our part to just point someone there and say YOYO.

I suggest letting a new thread like this one run a couple of days, then have the mods merge it with the old one after it runs its course, or else cleaning up the visitors thread to a couple of pages of summary posts rather than 17 pages
17 pages of legit info. if i don't post that link i'm not going to contribute anything because it's already on this board.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
17 pages of legit info. if i don't post that link i'm not going to contribute anything because it's already on this board.
that thread goes back to 2010…. think how much downtown has changed since then… and the guy coming now is supposed to wade through 17 pages AND know what is current and whats outdated?

Old
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
and if you're on a budget but still want steak, Demos is great...
This-

Demos is awesome, it is our go to place when we make the trip up from Birmingham.....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:55 PM
token grinder

Fleet Street in printers alley. best damn food in town

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
that thread goes back to 2010…. think how much downtown has changed since then… and the guy coming now is supposed to wade through 17 pages AND know what is current and whats outdated?
For what it is worth, I agree with this 100%.

Nothing wrong with a new thread on this topic........

Same goes when someone asks about parking....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDuckGT View Post
Ducks fan coming in peace!

Bringing the girlfriend up with me from Atlanta for the Ducks/Preds game on Saturday. We will be spending the evening on Broadway street before the game and wanting to know where all the good places to eat are.

She loves country music and we both love drinking. What suggestions do y'all have?

Also, would love somewhere to park and just walk to all the bars/restaurants.

Thanks in advance.
Before the game, Pirhana's on second often has decent beer specials on local Yazoo Beer and good bar burgers/wings/etc. Usually not TOO crowded and the bar maids are crazy in a good sort of way.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Predarat

Jacks is good unless you are used to KC or Texas BBQ, Demos is nice, you can get a steak and a side of spaghetti. Rippys across from the arena has a decent Cheeseburger. Across and a bit diagonal from LP field is the Gerst Haus, good stuff with German Beer.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote