HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets at Rangers 12/12/2013

Old
12-13-2013, 09:00 AM
azaloum90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Kreider is 10 months younger than Stepan. I don't hold it against Stepan that he showed NHL ability earlier than Kreider. Kreider may end up better, but that is far from a given, and aside from a relatively small sample size, Kreider has only shown glimpses. Stepan has already shown he can put a good season together.

Kreider is bigger and faster but Stepan is a very smart player. I hope they both turn out great.

My only point is that those here who think Kreider is untouchable and that losing Stepan would be no big deal are dealing more with hope for the newer player than what we have seen so far.
Mostly because Kreider is a rookie who hasn't had a real chance at the NHL level until AV, whereas Step has had several years at the NHL level. Yet, they look exactly the same on the ice.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
I'm curious as to why Hagelin seems to get a pass around here. He has done nothing except skate fast. When he stays on his skates that is.
Skates fast
Kills penalties
Has averaged .5 ppg in his career without being a power play producer.

What you're seeing as a dip from Hagelin is just the stink from the team as a whole spilling over onto players. I can't imagine how Zucc would be doing if we were playing well.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Team is drowning, and instead of taking a sec to figure out which way the bubbles are floating, they're just lazily swimming deeper towards the bottom.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 09:29 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Mostly because Kreider is a rookie who hasn't had a real chance at the NHL level until AV, whereas Step has had several years at the NHL level. Yet, they look exactly the same on the ice.
Their games are nothing alike.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
TigerJack

Av should mabye consider putting Nash-Richards-Zucc on a line. They had som really good games this spring under Torts. And Maybe Zuccs good play can get Nash going. The Rangers need Nash going. Period. Without him as a consistent player, there will be no playoffs.

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
JHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
#fail

And I don't agree about Hagelin, Stepan, Boyle, Nash.

While I think Nash is overrated and right now under performing; there is no way we replace him without overpaying a UFA or trading away a lot.

I'd also like to keep Staal if he resign.
So your solution is to keep essentially the same core that has not gotten us anywhere over the past few years? It's nonsensical to argue that we should keep the players who have some trade value and only get rid of the ones who have no trade value.

Stall has trade value right now. His value is going to go down a ton after this season becasue of a potentially second long injury in as many years. We missed the boat already on him to move him.

Stepan has one goal in 17 games I think I heard last night and 3 of his goals all came during one game versus the Hurricanes.

Hagelin I am on the fence about but this is the kind of players another GM just might take a chance on. He can stay and I'd be happy but I'd certainly answer the phone about him if another GM made the call.

Boyle is another player another GM might just take a chance on. He's done nothing offensively in years and aside from his good face off skills( not easy to replace honestly), he does not offer a tremendous amount.

Nash would be really hard to trade for a number of reasons but again we need to be open to moving all the pieces right now. I'd have relatively high demands in return but would jump at a chance to get a top draft pick or a somewhat equal swap.

Just giving up the obvious players is not the hard part. It is these fringe guys that have to be considered at this stage. We have seen what this team can do as currently constituted for enough time now! I'm not advocating trades just for trades sake but we do have to be open to moving most everyone on the team!

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 12:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Av should mabye consider putting Nash-Richards-Zucc on a line. They had som really good games this spring under Torts. And Maybe Zuccs good play can get Nash going. The Rangers need Nash going. Period. Without him as a consistent player, there will be no playoffs.

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin
Has Hagelin ever played RW?

12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Has Hagelin ever played RW?
Last year Torts played him briefly there (Pyatt was the LW).

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 01:24 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
Every ex Ranger plays great when they come and play against the Rangers. Rick Nash plays his first game against his ex team and looks lost out there. Imagine if he went from the Rangers to another team, he would play out of his mind. Lost to yet another third string goalie.
Everything you wrote here, points to The Rangers are too comfortably. A little bit more luxury than other teams, in a city of opportunities , bars, jet set life ect.

Maybe they have too good lives, and some of them are loaded and set for life. Why work there ass#s off every night.

Have some pride, play for the jersey.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Everything you wrote here, points to The Rangers are too comfortably. A little bit more luxury than other teams, in a city of opportunities , bars, jet set life ect.

Maybe they have too good lives, and some of them are loaded and set for life. Why work there ass#s off every night.

Have some pride, play for the jersey.
would that explain their on ice play?? maybe they drink before the games

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Idlerlee
Always play Richards

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin
Its worth trying.

Hagelin also needs to be put into a position to get some production going, he cant have much confidence left considering the drought he's in, plus the fact that he's been playing third line for ages. I'm starting to feel really bad for him

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Accepted to college in NYC today.

Now I can continue following this train wreck on ice for years to come!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post

hehe, "congratulations"

Placid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 04:17 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

What college? Maybe you can be close enough to see it in MSG on a nightly basis!

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 643
Quote:

If you go to school in Manhattan you can hang around MSG and watch the waves of disappointed fans pile into the cabs down 8th ave .

Congrats on your acceptance though! College is fun, sometimes.

12-13-2013, 04:35 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:

Congratulations man

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Jax1166

Dubinsky

Was there any video tribute, dubi chants, or ovations?

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 06:47 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1166 View Post
Nothing really, he got dubi chants when his penalties were announced. Artie got a nice hand when they announced his goal.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:40 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
You have all good point, including the bolded. But when you say "so far" I think you mean so far in his career. The best thing that can happen to CBJ is Gaborik getting hurt.
By "so far" I meant as a Blue Jacket, to be honest, I didn't follow him much before that, so I'm basing it on what I have seen since he came here, which isn't much. He seems to chip in goals against the garbage teams and disappears against the good teams. We had a home and home with Pitt earlier this season and he had zero shots on goal in both games...I like a tough team and giving up Dorse for him was bad, in my opinion. I think he floats his way to the deadline and they trade him for a pick or two and dump that huge salary. Too many of our young players were standing around waiting for him to do something and they have stepped up since his injury. I haven't missed him one bit. He's supposed to be back next week, I hope he starts driving the net harder and going to the greasy areas, he isn't beating anyone wide or one on one anymore.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 12:04 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
By "so far" I meant as a Blue Jacket, to be honest, I didn't follow him much before that, so I'm basing it on what I have seen since he came here, which isn't much. He seems to chip in goals against the garbage teams and disappears against the good teams. We had a home and home with Pitt earlier this season and he had zero shots on goal in both games...I like a tough team and giving up Dorse for him was bad, in my opinion. I think he floats his way to the deadline and they trade him for a pick or two and dump that huge salary. Too many of our young players were standing around waiting for him to do something and they have stepped up since his injury. I haven't missed him one bit. He's supposed to be back next week, I hope he starts driving the net harder and going to the greasy areas, he isn't beating anyone wide or one on one anymore.
Good luck with that, I'm pretty sure Gáborík hasn't driven to the net once since his 40 goal season two years ago.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 12:32 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Good luck with that, I'm pretty sure Gáborík hasn't driven to the net once since his 40 goal season two years ago.
That's what I'm afraid of...

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 12:33 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
That's what I'm afraid of...
Maybe if you put him with Johansen, Gábby will score inadvertently from Jo's awesomeness.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1166 View Post
Well, the Rangers did deside to roll over so Dubi's team could win. It was a nice tribute from his former mates.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Maybe if you put him with Johansen, Gábby will score inadvertently from Jo's awesomeness.
Joha was the dude I wanted for the Gabs trade. Pipedream I know, but was always a favorite prospect of mine.

12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
would that explain their on ice play?? maybe they drink before the games
They don't need to play there ***** off. They are loaded and it's not so important to get another huge contract.
My guess is Nash,Beaver and Hank.
Lets hope they got some pride, and play hard for the jersey.
I know, Glenn isn't responsible for Nash's contract, but he is loaded anyway, no matter who wrote his last contract.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote